Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You should really replace the tierod. I give it less than a mile before it bends again. Much easier to replace at home in a clean dry shop.
I agree. Straightening might work in a pinch but I promise you it will bend again on the next trip out. Been there many a time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
You should really replace the tierod. I give it less than a mile before it bends again. Much easier to replace at home in a clean dry shop.
Good advice! I looked the tie rod up on partsfish and they are only like $22 I think it was. I will order a couple actually and install a brand new one, and have a brand new one on standby for the next time. Thanks! :)

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I straightened one and ran it for months with no issues! I did eventually replace it with a new one but it is still straight and is carried for a spare

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good advice! I looked the tie rod up on partsfish and they are only like $22 I think it was. I will order a couple actually and install a brand new one, and have a brand new one on standby for the next time. Thanks! :)
From my experience I would have 2 or 3 extra, especially for the long weekend trips!

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
From my experience I would have 2 or 3 extra, especially for the long weekend trips!
Yes I will definetly get extras. Most places we ride, if something breaks it is just a short drive or tow back to the truck and replace or fix what is wrong and then you're off again, no biggie. But I suppose if that tie rod had bent while we were up in the mountains at RRB 3 hours away from camp, that would have been a royal pain. I will order new ones, and put a new one on the machine, and have a new spare, and have the one that I straightened out for another spare.

Reactions: Rambo and Eltobgi
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Lunch time!

20190114 124838

Fl-Cracker

Fl-Cracker

Nov 19, 2018
Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok this evening I got the snorkel finished. I didnt put the screen over the end though, I guess I need superglue for that or something. I gotta tell yall Im not real excited about this snorkel. I shoulda got the stainless one that went through the passenger cup holder. I will probably build my own one of these days. Im kinda in a time crunch for now though because we're going riding and camping tomorrow. I took my heat gun and heated up the piece that goes between the outer fender that I drilled the 2.5" hole in, and the inner fender that has the big ugly hole in it that it looks like Ray Charles cut in there with a sawzall at midnight in a thunder storm. Anyway, that got the angle a little better and then I put two 22.5° female to male 2" couplings in there aimed towards the stock intake hole. I had to trim the end off of the 2nd 22.5° coupling and I had to trim the piece that comes in the kit that plugs down into the stock intake hole. I had to trim the rubber coupling almost in half that has the hose clamps on it that came in the kit also. So be warned, if any of yall buy the snorkelyouratv.com snorkel kit you will probably have to do the same. The only things I have left to do to it for now is put the winch and winch mount on, and also the SuperATV arched front arms. That is something I'll tackle maybe next weekend though. I gassed it up and in the morning I'll load it on the trailer and hook the dually to the camper and we're hittin the road! Yall be good!

View attachment 101986 View attachment 101987 View attachment 101988 View attachment 101989 View attachment 101990
If you do decide to go through the cup holder I made a mount plate for mine and got about $60 in the whole snorkel itself I don’t live to far it looks like. I’m in the melrose are if you need some help

E288DA8C 1DE3 43C4 BCFC 653703B9B3FF 736A1E92 8EB1 4893 98CB 957AC1705C88 04B2D5B9 185E 463A 9E6E B88A44294494

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Wow that looks nice! Thanks for the pics. I actually live in Orange Heights. You could throw a rock from my house and hit the intersection of 301 and 26. We should get together and ride sometime.
If you do decide to go through the cup holder I made a mount plate for mine and got about $60 in the whole snorkel itself I don’t live to far it looks like. I’m in the melrose are if you need some help

View attachment 102432 View attachment 102433 View attachment 102434

Fl-Cracker

Fl-Cracker

Nov 19, 2018
Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow that looks nice! Thanks for the pics. I actually live in Orange Heights. You could throw a rock from my house and hit the intersection of 301 and 26. We should get together and ride sometime.
Thanks and your welcome. For sure we ride the mondecks in palatka almost every weekend and ol’ Waller on a regular.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Ive always wanted to hit up Mondex. Ive heard its super wet out there. My buddy Chris Hall always goes out there.
Thanks and your welcome. For sure we ride the mondecks in palatka almost every weekend and ol’ Waller on a regular.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Yeah it can get wet. I see you like hogwaller it’s pretty much the free version
Yeah Hogwaller is ok. It used to be our go-to place, it's just gotten too crowded though. We like 10k also over in east Palatka

Fl-Cracker

Fl-Cracker

Nov 19, 2018
Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah Hogwaller is ok. It used to be our go-to place, it's just gotten too crowded though. We like 10k also over in east Palatka
Yeah that’s how we feel about Waller and I ain’t been out to 10k in 15 plus years maybe

Reactions: Bastardchild
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
One thing I can say about Hogwaller is that they dang sure invest money back into the property. We started going there when there was just 2 showerheads nailed to a wood fence and you stood on pallets to take a shower after mudding all day. Now they've got shower houses, restaurant, vendors, 30 amp and 50 amp camp sites, cabins, music stage, bought more property next door, etc.. I remember back in the day though we would go set up camp on a Thursday night on an ATV only weekend, and there was times we only seen a dozen other people all weekend. That was back in the 4 wheeler days when you could go everywhere out there on little 25" tires. Now 30s are considered small and you better pick your path carefully or youll be stuck like chuck.
Yeah that’s how we feel about Waller and I ain’t been out to 10k in 15 plus years maybe

Fl-Cracker

Fl-Cracker

Nov 19, 2018
Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One thing I can say about Hogwaller is that they dang sure invest money back into the property. We started going there when there was just 2 showerheads nailed to a wood fence and you stood on pallets to take a shower after mudding all day. Now they've got shower houses, restaurant, vendors, 30 amp and 50 amp camp sites, cabins, music stage, bought more property next door, etc.. I remember back in the day though we would go set up camp on a Thursday night on an ATV only weekend, and there was times we only seen a dozen other people all weekend. That was back in the 4 wheeler days when you could go everywhere out there on little 25" tires. Now 30s are considered small and you better pick your path carefully or youll be stuck like chuck.
Lol all true words I was there the very first weekend so I know what you saying. They have for sure put money back into it but I bet ‘ol skeet Alford has million dollar months out there

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Yeah, that property is like a money printing machine. Lol
Lol all true words I was there the very first weekend so I know what you saying. They have for sure put money back into it but I bet ‘ol skeet Alford has million dollar months out there

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hey Justin Linnemann aka @knuckledeep just called me and I told him I was talking with Fl-Cracker on hondasxs and that you only lived in the next town over from me. Justin said, " Oh yeah thats Garrett, we've rode with him remember?" Lol..Garrett Im sorry buddy, I wasnt adding 2 and 2 together. Lol!

Reactions: knuckledeep

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!