Reverse going out

Flgator_80

Flgator_80

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2017
Lexington, Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well went out today and reverse is popping and grinding! It started about a week ago when I would back it out of the garage. Got 400 miles on it. Anyone else have this issue. Had a blast riding today. 2 for 2 for laying her on her side! Think I m going to name her flipper! Lol

Imagejpeg 1

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check your cable adjustment. If you need direction, let me know.

And your freaking machine seems to spend more time on its side than @JTW !

Page 12-28 & 12-29 in 2017 manual describes the adjustment

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What Neohio said, Ill pm you the adjustment instructions from the service manual.

Looks like if @Flgator_80 and @JTW are on the same ride and same trail no one going anywhere. Their pioneers might start spooning each other.

Flgator_80

Flgator_80

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2017
Lexington, Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well that is the same area it did last time. About figured out not to go there lol. It was muddy as heck today and came over a hill and there was a wash out. Couldn't back out so just tried it and was a nogo! I def need some direction about the adjustment

Reactions: JTW and sharp
Flgator_80

Flgator_80

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2017
Lexington, Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What Neohio said, Ill pm you the adjustment instructions from the service manual.

Looks like if @Flgator_80 and @JTW are on the same ride and same trail no one going anywhere. Their pioneers might start spooning each other.
Maybe a sport honda sxs will be the result!

Flgator_80

Flgator_80

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2017
Lexington, Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Were you boy's from... Alabama.... yal twins! We are no relations. Brother from another mother. Told my buddy today to come to take over and re assured him it's tame... he said but your going... I prompty said tu shay

Reactions: JTW
advertisement
Flgator_80

Flgator_80

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2017
Lexington, Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The UFC fights were pretty good tonight. Ole boy walked the dog against goliath!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well went out today and reverse is popping and grinding! It started about a week ago when I would back it out of the garage. Got 400 miles on it. Anyone else have this issue. Had a blast riding today. 2 for 2 for laying her on her side! Think I m going to name her flipper! Lol

View attachment 62540

When I was just a teenager and might have been driving a little beyond the abilities of the tires that I had, an older gentleman very kindly said to me that I should always remember that.......

"THE TIRES GO DOWN!!!!"

Just sayin.......

Reactions: JTW and Flgator_80
Flgator_80

Flgator_80

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2017
Lexington, Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tried the adjustment to no avail. Took it to the dealer and they tried it as well and no bueno. They kept her and said they will prob have to tear into it. I just hope I don`t have the LEMON... I know all brands have them. They had a 4 seater general in there getting some accessories that look pretty good... lol

Reactions: LandPioneer
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What did the dealer find wrong with it?

Flgator_80

Flgator_80

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2017
Lexington, Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well there was some damage to the reverse which I figured had to be. The forks, what looked like a gear..(I'm not the most mechanical) and another part he didn't have there I could see. I figured the popping into gear messed up fork and gear but still don't know why it wasnt engaging properly. I figure it had got so out of whack it wouldnt engage at all when I took it in they prop got to get it back together and see why.

Flgator_80

Flgator_80

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2017
Lexington, Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very happy with the them on getting it going. Tomorrow will be a week and hope to pick it up

Reactions: Plumber32
Flgator_80

Flgator_80

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2017
Lexington, Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picked up my rig. Took them a week to get it going. I feel like they were very prompt getting it going. Tech said the part number on the fork and another assembly were different numbers so he figured they updated something. I messed with it before I left and it went in reverse with no problem. Of course it started out like that. We ll see but was happy with the dealer getting it going.

Reactions: Chooglin
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!