Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I gave it a good look earlier. I think if/when I do it, I'll go all in and remove it all together. I don't want to leave something unattached under the machine. As for keeping it there for low weight, COG, I'm for eliminating weight anywhere I can.
Remove it completely if you will, but understand that to disengage it you're only removing the rear nuts, it remains connected at two points in the front, but no longer functions. I've never removed mine, but those who have say it's a bit tricky getting it out. I recommend that you leave it in place for a few test drives and satisfy yourself that it's an improvement for your driving style. If not, it's a few moments to reconnect.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
After I got it out, I was standing there holding it, thinking, "Maybe I shoulda zip tied it". Lol.

Lol, you make a good point J, that would be me too. So by taking off those two nuts, it's no longer functioning? Looks like they're hooked above there too and to two bushings on the frame.

Reactions: Jshell3
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Went back and looked at my own pic, so you're zip tying it up? Loosely? Won't it bang around under there?

I don't know about the 500 but it was fine without zips even on mine just turn the two ends that connect it out of the way for clearance. I'd suggest like many others to unbolt it and feel it out before you pull it it's just so easy. I'm also a big fan of it out finally pulled mine fully out tonight though and not going back in! Not for everyone but I think most especially people that aren't just cruising roads
Be careful till you get use to it side hills with uneven ground it'll occasionally leave skid in your shorts and high speed hard maneuvers should be avoided but 90% of the time better. Feel it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Notre-Dame de la Salette, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Lmao, never before saw anyone post that they didn't care if they tip it over. Do you have a nervous system?? :D

Lmao, never before saw anyone post that they didn't care if they tip it over. Do you have a nervous system?? :D
LOL, I guess that didn't come out right. But I ride mostly tight trails on hunting lot and I'm mostly 2nd gear hardly ever over 3rd gear. I've tipped it twice on its side because of rots but no harm done because of the low speeds...Twice at the same spot. First time was a surprise. Second was to confirm that I couldn't drive through there!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
LOL, I guess that didn't come out right. But I ride mostly tight trails on hunting lot and I'm mostly 2nd gear hardly ever over 3rd gear. I've tipped it twice on its side because of rots but no harm done because of the low speeds...Twice at the same spot. First time was a surprise. Second was to confirm that I couldn't drive through there!
Same with me, low speeds and nothing harmed, still not fun though. :)

Reactions: Seg
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Went back and looked at my own pic, so you're zip tying it up? Loosely? Won't it bang around under there?
I zip tied mine but they eventually broke, no rattles though, it's pretty snug where the front bushing connectors are.

Reactions: trigger
idcwby

idcwby

Oct 16, 2015
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Have any of you that have disconnected the sway bar haul any weight, like a full elk? Does it handle different than?

Thanks
idcwby

Reactions: TXBubba
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Got me thinking about the sway bar again, does unhooking add flex stresses to frame, or just allow independent suspension more smoother movement? Added metal plate under trailer ball today to pull yard trailer with pin.

advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Got me thinking about the sway bar again, does unhooking add flex stresses to frame, or just allow independent suspension more smoother movement? Added metal plate under trailer ball today to pull yard trailer with pin.
Taking it off...
makes it ride loose....
having it on...ties both
rear wheels together
....riders option

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Have any of you that have disconnected the sway bar haul any weight, like a full elk? Does it handle different than?

Thanks
idcwby
Reviews say...lots of weight
with removed sway bar...
cornering with speed could
create rollover.....
riders option

Reactions: idcwby
C

Curtis

Apr 9, 2017
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
I'm going to be buying my first p500 next Friday well hopefully I keep reading about roll overs are these units that easy to roll over ??? I mean most of what I read it's gonna flip over on every curve I take lol ??

ClarkRN

ClarkRN

Dec 17, 2015
Madison Co. Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Hey all. Am new to this forum, so forgive me if this has been discussed and hashed out on other posts.

Love the reviews and positive aspects of the P500 and considering purchase this spring.
My Arizona Polaris Ranger friends warn me that narrower P500 might be a problem not being able to stradle the ruts on many of our back roads and trails around here. Or that if the P500 slips into one of the ruts, might be a problem tipping over sideways?
Any first-hand reports out there?

Maybe I should be considering a P700? But I understand it is only 56" wide. Does that 6" make all the difference? Couldn't transport the 700 in back of the truck, but most likely will purchase a trailer for transport anyway. . . . Bob C., Globe, Az.
ive tild my wife that its unlikly it will tip over amd im sticking with that. lol

Reactions: rocmar
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I only noticed that it made the ride smoother .

Reactions: Arizona
J

JTW

I'm going to be buying my first p500 next Friday well hopefully I keep reading about roll overs are these units that easy to roll over ??? I mean most of what I read it's gonna flip over on every curve I take lol ??
Yup.. you're prolly gunna die just reading about them!

Reactions: rocmar
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

I've never gotten the pucker effect when taking a curve, only in ruts and off camber situations. You feel the urge to lean and shift your weight but there's no where to go, and you can't just bail like on a quad...so you kiss your shorts! :confused:

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Gotta crawl...before ya walk...
Know your driving abilities
....& your machine. .
learn as ya go....

Reactions: Mudder
C

Curtis

Apr 9, 2017
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
I
Gotta crawl...before ya walk...
Know your driving abilities
....& your machine. .
learn as ya go....

I totally agree with that just some of the things I read about how top heavy the p500 is make it seem like the first pot hole in the road it flips over like a hopeless turtle lol is this a huge issue or is most of what I read from excessive playing or skill issues

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!