rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I

I totally agree with that just some of the things I read about how top heavy the p500 is make it seem like the first pot hole in the road it flips over like a hopeless turtle lol is this a huge issue or is most of what I read from excessive playing or skill issues
Spacers...wider..off set
tires...that make it look
...BadAss.....
you be like a Puppy...
with 2 peckers...
there's some old timers
Here...that know the skinny....on
the p5..

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I

I totally agree with that just some of the things I read about how top heavy the p500 is make it seem like the first pot hole in the road it flips over like a hopeless turtle lol is this a huge issue or is most of what I read from excessive playing or skill issues
They all have a rollcage for a
reason...seat time...is wat your
gonna focus on....
you learn more from failure...
than from winning....
This forum has tons or
p5 knowledge. ...
....get up...dust your
ass off....try again

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I don't know about the 500 but it was fine without zips even on mine just turn the two ends that connect it out of the way for clearance. I'd suggest like many others to unbolt it and feel it out before you pull it it's just so easy. I'm also a big fan of it out finally pulled mine fully out tonight though and not going back in! Not for everyone but I think most especially people that aren't just cruising roads
Be careful till you get use to it side hills with uneven ground it'll occasionally leave skid in your shorts and high speed hard maneuvers should be avoided but 90% of the time better. Feel it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those that a true about removing
it...use a saw /saw...
HaHa

J

JTW

I

It's not that bad.. normal riding isn't an issue at all.

Reactions: trigger
NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
My 2017 has never tipped over when I don't use it! Really, I've ripped around and I think I would have to try to flip it.

NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
My 2015 P-500 sway bar came off 2 years ago. And last week I put the new 2017 dual rate spring shocks on the front, they soak up bumps a little better, am putting the new 2017 rear shocks on today, will help soften the rear also :)
I don't know if it will help. I think it's the nature of the beast. I have a chronic disc issue and can ride my 2012 Foreman all day without trouble. After 45 minutes on the P500 I need two days to recover. Love it but cant use my legs like on a quad to absorbe bumps. I'll remove the sway bar after warranty I guess. I have a 2017. Unnecessarily rough! Might be forced to sell with less than 100km's.

Reactions: Jshell3
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I don't know if it will help. I think it's the nature of the beast. I have a chronic disc issue and can ride my 2012 Foreman all day without trouble. After 45 minutes on the P500 I need two days to recover. Love it but cant use my legs like on a quad to absorbe bumps. I'll remove the sway bar after warranty I guess. I have a 2017. Unnecessarily rough! Might be forced to sell with less than 100km's.
That's not good
sorry to hear that

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
You don't have to remove the sway bar, just disconnect it, takes maybe 15 minutes. You can just leave it disconnected from the wheel arms but still connected to the machine frame, it does not pivot easy, so position it to where it won't touch anything and it shouldn't move. To make sure, I put some plastic zip ties on each end to hold it in place, mine hasn't moved in over 2 years. I will never re-connect it, just makes the ride more stiff and cancels some of the IRS by tying the rear suspension together. Several times I studied mine to see if after removing the sway bar mounting bolts & brackets, would it come out? It didn't seem like it would, and I would need to cut the sway bar with a hacksaw for removal. I remember reading a post about some guy who was able to remove it without cutting anything, would be nice. I forget about mine unless I'm looking in that area and think... "Oh yeah, I was going to remove that" And then I forget about it again. The P-500 suspension is stiff, disconnecting the sway does help, not a lot, but it sure was worth it for me to help soften the ride some. I believe it also makes the machine more safe. With the sway bar connected, there is little warning that it's about to tip over, it will just happen in an instant. Disconnecting the sway bar gives it some body roll which will give some advanced warning of an impending rollover. With it disconnected it took me a couple short rides to get used to a little more body roll, but I've never felt my 500 was more tippy, just better rear suspension, and safer.

More body roll
....does not = safer
just sayin

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Dude...look into...a mod on a better seat...

advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Thick seat cushion might help too.
Bad back...needs an air ride...
or spring ride...I seen bucket seats
that had a shock absorber on um
....while back
.....A Thought...before selling

NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
....while back
Thanks, I'll look around. I just found that the dealer gave it to me with 12psi in the tires. Might be a bit hard.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks, I'll look around. I just found that the dealer gave it to me with 12psi in the tires. Might be a bit hard.
Kool...
yeah...hope ya find a way
to enjoy & keep it...
Ride Safe

NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
....while back
What make of tip out windshield are you using?

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
What make of tip out windshield are you using?
Honda....
very over priced...
if I could do it...all over
I'd spend 300 more & go
glass....
just my opinion
stays on...yr round.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Honda....
very over priced...
if I could do it...all over
I'd spend 300 more & go
glass....
just my opinion
stays on...yr round.
Plastic scratches. ..easy...

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Seats are a huge difference. Just did a rzr bucket conversion and it's unbelievable the difference it made in comfort
Kool...bro
give NPN some tips

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Seats are a huge difference. Just did a rzr bucket conversion and it's unbelievable the difference it made in comfort
Wat was the cost
let's see....

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Mine was pretty cheap. I got the seats for about 125 for the pair. 15 bucks for some 1 1/4"×1/8" flat steel, and maybe 10 bucks in nuts and bolts. All in around 150 bucks. I posted some pics in the accessories and mods section. Relatively simple, just took a bit of head scratching. Plus I can switch back to the bench if need be, just unbolt and go.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: trigger
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!