P500 Ruts & tipping over?

NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
Mine was pretty cheap. I got the seats for about 125 for the pair. 15 bucks for some 1 1/4"×1/8" flat steel, and maybe 10 bucks in nuts and bolts. All in around 150 bucks. I posted some pics in the accessories and mods section. Relatively simple, just took a bit of head scratching. Plus I can switch back to the bench if need be, just unbolt and go.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks, some good ideas. As I get towards my '60's and want to stay mobile, its things like ride comfort that become way more important. Jumping snowmobiles before they had suspension and riding horse too hard and too long takes it's toll. I went for a whole day ride in and RZR 570 and I must say that the seat and ride was superior to the P500. But getting in and out is way easier in the Honda.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I don't know if it will help. I think it's the nature of the beast. I have a chronic disc issue and can ride my 2012 Foreman all day without trouble. After 45 minutes on the P500 I need two days to recover. Love it but cant use my legs like on a quad to absorbe bumps. I'll remove the sway bar after warranty I guess. I have a 2017. Unnecessarily rough! Might be forced to sell with less than 100km's.
Back trouble- I hear that!! REALLY sucks. The P5 rides rough as hell. Period. Even with a pile of weight it's still bone jarring, and bottoms out- go figure... Take a look at the P5 suspension thread- I think jak9922 is offering an almost bolt-on set up for the front end, and there are several other options to explore as well if your a DIY'er. The difference in ride is..... astounding? Amazing for sure. If you're on stock tires, I think the ride would be almost 'cushy'. I did air suspension on mine, and even with the rip-saws (hard as friggen hockey pucks) the ride is several magnitude better than stock. Adding power steering also helps HUGE because you don't have to wrestle the steering- more stress on back- and allows you to sit more comfortably. Removing the RSB will not affect warranty. You may notice a slight improvement in ride, but it's very slight, but worth doing. Hope this is helpful.

NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
Back trouble- I hear that!! REALLY sucks. The P5 rides rough as hell. Period. Even with a pile of weight it's still bone jarring, and bottoms out- go figure... Take a look at the P5 suspension thread- I think jak9922 is offering an almost bolt-on set up for the front end, and there are several other options to explore as well if your a DIY'er. The difference in ride is..... astounding? Amazing for sure. If you're on stock tires, I think the ride would be almost 'cushy'. I did air suspension on mine, and even with the rip-saws (hard as friggen hockey pucks) the ride is several magnitude better than stock. Adding power steering also helps HUGE because you don't have to wrestle the steering- more stress on back- and allows you to sit more comfortably. Removing the RSB will not affect warranty. You may notice a slight improvement in ride, but it's very slight, but worth doing. Hope this is helpful.
Thanks. I'm learning to live with it. Removing the RSB did help quite a bit. Even using the seat belt helps keep from lifting off the seat and impacting it. Those with a disc issue know how touchy things can be...like a sliver in your eye!

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!