P1000 School me on toy haulers

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
I am also looking to a toy hauler for my 16 P1k-5. I am having trouble finding one that has enough room under the rear bunk. Most are 76" and my P1k-5 is almost 80". Even letting the air out of the rear tires is not cutting it.
T

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
The 371 Fuzion loads my Honda just fine. It has a canvas top and the front is lifted about Two inches. I added a 3/4 spacer under the shoch spring. The Fuzion has a Beaver Tale floor at the back so I brings the Honda in a little easier.

Reactions: Remington
D

Dgardner

Oct 13, 2016
Phoenix Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Beaver tail floor. That would do it but none of the trailers I have seen have it. I will need to look more. Unfortunately I am looking at used. Thanks.

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
Beaver tail floor. That would do it but none of the trailers I have seen have it. I will need to look more. Unfortunately I am looking at used. Thanks.

E

Edog

Jan 7, 2016
I'm planning on going with a covered utility trailer and converting it into a toy hauler / camper. Of course I only have a P5, so a 7x14 with extra height should do the trick. A lot less $, but I'll have to put some sweat equity into making it nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Plumber32
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm planning on going with a covered utility trailer and converting it into a toy hauler / camper. Of course I only have a P5, so a 7x14 with extra height should do the trick. A lot less $, but I'll have to put some sweat equity into making it nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same here but got a 1000 so needs a bit more room. Thinking 8.5x18 or 20.

Gonna need a better truck to go with it. This 1500Silverado just doesn't have the ass to keep it moving unless it's downhill.

Although the Work n Play might work and I won't have to provide any labor.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 43' road warrior 415. 12' garage with dual bunks. My 1000-5 with a lightbar on roof and 28's clears fine. I agree with others, you can't overbuy truck.. i towed with a f250 with airbags for a year or so and it would tow fine but was unstable in a lot of conditions. I've had a gmc dually for a few years and it tows like a dream now. You can put a 40ft 5th in some tighter situations than those bumper pulls. My neighbor at storage has a 30' airstream and he said he can't believe how easy I put my camper in storage and he struggles bad with his. I just jackknife it and run it in there. I'm tossing around the idea of selling my truck and camper. If your interested let me know. Efab4da92b1dd86abb6167471171c48d719d7857d433aabc6527f7af4b782a19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tigermark
Buckshotaz

Buckshotaz

Mar 1, 2016
Arizona
I want to thank everyone for "schooling" me on toy haulers, and I have made up my mind. For what it's going to cost to upgrade to a diesel truck, buy the right trailer and find a place to park the trailer, I'm going to build the shop that I always wanted.

I still plan to do my Alaska trip after I retire but I will fly the wife and I up there along with the dogs and rent a house with a yard. Truthfully, I was worried about spending a week traveling with my loving wife to Alaska, then spending a few months in a trailer with her and the dogs, oh, don't forget about the ride back

Again, you helped me make up my mind and I thank all who brought me to my senses

Fill free to continue the discussion as I may need a reminder on which way I'm going with this

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want to thank everyone for "schooling" me on toy haulers, and I have made up my mind. For what it's going to cost to upgrade to a diesel truck, buy the right trailer and find a place to park the trailer, I'm going to build the shop that I always wanted.

I still plan to do my Alaska trip after I retire but I will fly the wife and I up there along with the dogs and rent a house with a yard. Truthfully, I was worried about spending a week traveling with my loving wife to Alaska, then spending a few months in a trailer with her and the dogs, oh, don't forget about the ride back

Again, you helped me make up my mind and I thank all who brought me to my senses

Fill free to continue the discussion as I may need a reminder on which way I'm going with this
The only part that worries me about your plan is flying the dogs. That doesn't end well alot of the time. Could buy a slightly used class c motorhome for under 30. Just another idea. But id really think twice about flying the pooches.

Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been looking at school busses to convert into a toy hauler. I have been contemplating removing the back 12ft making it a flat deck, and converting the rest into an rv. Everyone thinks I'm crazy but at least the wife is on board with it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been looking at school busses to convert into a toy hauler. I have been contemplating removing the back 12ft making it a flat deck, and converting the rest into an rv. Everyone thinks I'm crazy but at least the wife is on board with it.

@CumminsPusher did it and his looks pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

You wouldn't believe how many saw blades,die grinder blades,air chisel bits and drill bits you'll go through! School busses are make with thick superman steel lol. Very doable and rewarding but it's a project

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am also looking to a toy hauler for my 16 P1k-5. I am having trouble finding one that has enough room under the rear bunk. Most are 76" and my P1k-5 is almost 80". Even letting the air out of the rear tires is not cutting it.

Look closely at the clearances as I was able to give my bunk a lift kit if you will. I added 2 inch spacers. Easy peezeee

Reactions: CumminsPusher
LapZ

LapZ

Feb 27, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
View attachment 37646 this is what I have. Any 3/4 ton or the correct set up 1500 can pull it. Dry weight is 5500lbs with a tongue weight of 550lbs. A new one of these are around $20,000. Mines an 08 camper is 20' with a full kitchen and bath. 3 beds. Ive seen some newer ones on Craigslist for around 10 - 12 grand. I really like it.
View attachment 37646 this is what I have. Any 3/4 ton or the correct set up 1500 can pull it. Dry weight is 5500lbs with a tongue weight of 550lbs. A new one of these are around $20,000. Mines an 08 camper is 20' with a full kitchen and bath. 3 beds. Ive seen some newer ones on Craigslist for around 10 - 12 grand. I really like it.
What is the name of your camper?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is the name of your camper?
Im not positive on the actual model number off hand. But its a wolfpack toy hauler by forest river.

Reactions: LapZ
HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bump I've been trying to find the right toyhauler for me. There is so many I don't know where to start.

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!