P1000 School me on toy haulers

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
Bought our toy hauler back in 2012 when they were more built for atvs. Had to take it down to dealership to make sure my 700-4 would fit inside before we bought it. It's very tight but it fits. Honestly the only thing that stopped me from getting a 1000-5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody know about the puma unleashed 5th wheel toyhaulers? Looks like you can get some for around 30k which is about the most I wanna spend since it's my first one.

T

tomthegunwilson

Aug 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pop-up toy hauler is the way to go!
20200707 185612

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
D84C8219 999A 4065 89D0 F235744B8B8F

This is my rig, fuel 287 TT it’s 38 ft long it weighs around 12500 fully loaded, has a tongue weight of 1400-1500 pounds I pull it with a19 F-350 dually 6.7 diesel my P1K-5 fits no problem top to bottom but side to side it’s a tight fit. If you are wanting a separate garage will most likely end up with a 5er. Some things to consider when buying a TH...
Will your buggy fit. Size of holding tanks, most manufacturers give you a big fresh water tank and smaller grey and black water tanks, grey and black tanks sizes are important if your dry camping... no hookups. Best thing you can do is measure your buggy height and width then go on line and search for what you think will work for you and then go and walk through them, pics are great but live and in person is best. I looked at dozens of floor plans and pics on line and would go and look at them in person and would change my mind, finally settled on the fuel 287. Like was said earlier, what’s your budget? Can you pull it with your current rig or do you need to upgrade that? Hope this helps some good luck with your choice and don’t forget to post pics.😎

MAJspoon

MAJspoon

Lifetime Member
Jan 9, 2020
Cadiz, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I have owned tandem toy hauler, enclosed trailer, and 40 ft voltage 5er. Personally I would like to go back to camping in a 16-18 foot cargo trailer. They are much cheaper, less to go wrong and still offers a dry warm or cold place to put your head. Modern toy haulers/rvs are very fragile. Just look at the interiors. They look nice but you are hauling a lot of crap around you really don’t need unless you are going to live in it. if you must buy a toy hauler and cost is not an issue look a ATC and Sundowner. Both companies build custom aluminum toy haulers that are just built better. But I would also tell you to consider a small motorhome in a ford or Mercedes diesel chassis and pull your p1000 on a trailer. consider that you will spend at least $50000 on a decent truck and the motorhome starts looking more feasible.

Reactions: lee

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!