P1000 School me on toy haulers

peezul

peezul

Mar 20, 2016
Mesa,Az
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I actually took the Pioneer to the rv dealership and "test fitted" all the toy haulers I thought might work.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Deer-hunter and JTW
peezul

peezul

Mar 20, 2016
Mesa,Az
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I actually took the Pioneer to the rv dealership and "test fitted" all the toy haulers I thought might work.

696c8c09919f4b5baaea408da0c1afbaFf27642fc34f5c236bf50c426ed93815

Rayrule

Rayrule

Lifetime Member
Apr 1, 2017
Catskills Mts. NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want a separate garage though..
I have to see if my touhauler fits my pioneer. Lol. Getting it out today to de-winterize it & get it ready for a quick trip next weekend.
This is my 3rd toyhauler in 11 years; first was a open floor (no separate garage) & if you can get it, there is nothing better than a separate garage!

Reactions: Remington and JTW
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Separate garage...is kool
...if ya don't have alot of
grandkids....other people
campin with ya...
open floor plan...best
for us......remember
it's a toy hauler....just
my 2 cents

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Idea of taking sxs to trlr dealer
to see if it fits....great concept...
To me...it's smarter to do with
truck...IMO..

VenturaChuck

VenturaChuck

Apr 22, 2016
Ventura, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thinking about a toy hauler that will allow me to haul my P1K-5

What should I look out for? Is 5th wheel or bumper pull better?

Looking at retirement in a few years and want to do some traveling and I know I could rent a bunch of motel rooms for what I would have in a toy hauler, but we have dogs that we would bring and motels don't work with the dogs

My plan is to do an Arizona to Alaska trip and do some exploring along the way

If you have any thoughts, please jump in and tell me about your experiences

You have another choice in toy haulers than the a trailer. Check out Thor Motorcoach. They have the Outlaw Class A and the Outlaw Class C motorhomes that are toy hauler, as well. With a motorhome, you can also have a tow car and not be stuck driving around town in a BIG truck.

Thor Motor Coach - North America's #1 Brand of Motorhomes

Reactions: JTW
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You have another choice in toy haulers than the a trailer. Check out Thor Motorcoach. They have the Outlaw Class A and the Outlaw Class C motorhomes that are toy hauler, as well. With a motorhome, you can also have a tow car and not be stuck driving around town in a BIG truck.

Thor Motor Coach - North America's #1 Brand of Motorhomes

Garage on these is only 10' on class A and smaller on the class C. Not working with a 1000...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
J

JTW

I have to see if my touhauler fits my pioneer. Lol. Getting it out today to de-winterize it & get it ready for a quick trip next weekend.
This is my 3rd toyhauler in 11 years; first was a open floor (no separate garage) & if you can get it, there is nothing better than a separate garage!
Yep.. with our horse trailer we had basically the same setup. Living quarters up front with thru door to rear haul area. I would wash out the back and had my own room for the stay.

J

JTW

I said "Powerball winners" if I hit it that would be my one splurge before the rest went into investments for me to retire the next day.
Double our odds??... if I win I'll get you one and if you win you get me one.

Reactions: nbomar
txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Def test fit id possible- mine was very tight height wise. My bed is removable but it would have been a hassle. One nice thing about not having a garage is i can still fit a full size quad in front of the pioneer. My trailer is only 24' but has a 16' garage
907FF70B 3C68 4D27 841E 4BFCD306C39C

Toyhauler33

Toyhauler33

Lifetime Member
Jan 29, 2016
Mid Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been looking at school busses to convert into a toy hauler. I have been contemplating removing the back 12ft making it a flat deck, and converting the rest into an rv. Everyone thinks I'm crazy but at least the wife is on board with it.

Me and a couple friends cut mine down in a weekend.... it's all about what you want it to be
2176d61448c5c3a4a26566f0035f1cbb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!