Frogtown

Frogtown

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X
I’m wanting to add some UHMW skid plates. I have the jei tree kickers so the trail armor won’t fit unless they are trimmed. Any suggestions or other brands that have worked good for you all?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SSS Offroad.

I bought theirs from Overstock with a discount code and they tried to cancel the order.

It’s thinner than ⅜ and it comes apart at the seams. I had to back it with 5/16 aluminum. BUT it was $350 with the discount.

Reactions: JTW
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I bought theirs from Overstock with a discount code and they tried to cancel the order.
If it's thinner than ⅜ and it comes apart at the seams. I had to back it with 5/16 aluminum. BUT it was $350 with the discount.
They may have been knockoffs if they were less than 3/8 and SSS doesn't have discount codes except for 15% now for a reviews and a discount on some with minor tooling issues. Overstock has a lot of knockoff crap.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They may have been knockoffs if they were less than 3/8 and SSS doesn't have discount codes except for 15% now for a reviews and a discount on some with minor tooling issues. Overstock has a lot of knockoff crap.

Overstock had a blanket coupon.
They notified me that the vendor wanted to cancel the order they (overstock) was going to make up the difference.

SSS used to charge $1000 for a skid plate until some upstart asshole started undercutting them by $500

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got the 1/2" Factory UTV and love it. Put it on right before the takeover. Most certainly saved my machine a few times. Dont have JEI on so cant comment on that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: ohanacreek
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the SSS OFFROAD UHMW plates and they were well worth the expense. Saved me arse on many an occasion.

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just installed Trail Armour on my 2017 P1000-3eps.(one hour ago) Hard for one person. Wife helped on two large panels. Front replacement bolts shorter than originals. Plus was 3 bolts and washers short on parts. You'd think they would have better quality control. It really pisses me off that I have to drive 12 miles to get the right length bolts for this price. The skid itself looks good. We will see if it stays on in the Nevada desert.

J

JTW

I would buy 1/2” trail armor the factory utv... or you could always make your own one piece! But for the time and money.... TA or F-UTV..

2BAF0084 8E85 4DC7 82A0 74ACBCB79BFD
955187E4 E87B 4CB0 ABC2 CAD8881D4AA8
83BB90D5 3CD3 436E 9B77 0DE358F06A9A

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m wanting to add some UHMW skid plates. I have the jei tree kickers so the trail armor won’t fit unless they are trimmed. Any suggestions or other brands that have worked good for you all?

This might be worth reading.

P1000 - Trail Armor Skid Plate Review

I had the trail armor on mine at takeover and it took the worst abuse I've put on a pioneer. It fared pretty well until the last day I hit a rock that tore the front loose. Thats after about 500 other hits over the course of 5 days. That said, I need a front bash plate because the front of my skid tends to catch. I need it to wrap up the front bumper which is what I really liked about the one piece skid. Read the review it will help.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
This might be worth reading.

P1000 - Trail Armor Skid Plate Review

I had the trail armor on mine at takeover and it took the worst abuse I've put on a pioneer. It fared pretty well until the last day I hit a rock that tore the front loose. Thats after about 500 other hits over the course of 5 days. That said, I need a front bash plate because the front of my skid tends to catch. I need it to wrap up the front bumper which is what I really liked about the one piece skid. Read the review it will help.
I think it’s time to recreate that front bumper x 2.

Reactions: JTW and Cuoutdoors
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Factory UTV for me. Only 3 pieces vs 5 for the Trailarmor. Saw several loose a piece on the Trailarmors.

Reactions: Koda and JTW
Frogtown

Frogtown

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X
Looks like there is no right or wrong to which brand. Would cutting slots around my tree kickers effect the strength of them staying on? With that being said would the one piece skids for the belly be best?

J

JTW

Looks like there is no right or wrong to which brand. Would cutting slots around my tree kickers effect the strength of them staying on? With that being said would the one piece skids for the belly be best?
You will want them attached to that side frame rail... I really like the one piece other than removal... but even so it’s not terrible by myself

Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Factory UTV for me. Only 3 pieces vs 5 for the Trailarmor. Saw several loose a piece on the Trailarmors.

I have Trail Armor and Have broken two front panels and one side panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Honestly I think one full piece is definitely the best protection. You just have to decide if you want to make one or not. If you mess it up you're out a big chunk of change.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

B

Bones

Dec 10, 2017
Bourbon Mo.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a dxf file for this one if you know a place with a cnc router. I have about $400 in it including new bolts and Honda cup washers. 3/8" UMHW. I got the original file from a member then modified the cad to be more like the Factory skid. Seems like it's going to suit my needs.

IMG 3963 IMG 3968

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a dxf file for this one if you know a place with a cnc router. I have about $400 in it including new bolts and Honda cup washers. 3/8" UMHW. I got the original file from a member then modified the cad to be more like the Factory skid. Seems like it's going to suit my needs.

View attachment 128630 View attachment 128631

Can you send that file mines about shot (worn through not broken) and I’m going with ½” this time

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!