P1000m5 Skid plates suggestions

J

JTW

Could someone send me the DXF file for the one piece mentioned earlier. I have a 5X10' CNC router, CNC plasma and a 1500 watt laser cutter to make plates with.
Can you cut uhmw with that?

-Bear-

-Bear-

NTC Master Fabricator
Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2019
Black Hills, SD
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Can you cut uhmw with that?

I cut that all day in my CNC router. It's there just for swirling stainless sheet (as seen in the picture) and machining plastics and sometimes I do aluminum plate in 4X8'. The laser can also cut it but it can't add counterbores or chamfers. Just straight up 2 dimensional cutting.
IMG 0504

Last edited:
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry for what may seem to be a silly question, but I want to get and install new skids and, not being very experienced at that sort of thing, the step that I'm scratching my beard over is safely lifting the front of the machine to an angle that makes it easy. I've scoured YouTube installation videos and seen a dozen photos that show the machine already in the air, but it's always such a tight shot that you can't see how it is suspended and they never talk about that step. So, I'm wondering, "Are they using a gantry? Are they winching it to a ceiling joist? Using a come-along?" Some of the instructions I saw say to lay the machine gently on its side; that's a job that sounds rough for just me and the wife... sounds like I need four people to do that gently.

Those of you that have done this, how did you do it?

Thanks,
I used my jack stands, not as handy as a hoist if you have one but still worked just fine.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I cut that all day in my CNC router. It's there just for swirling stainless sheet (as seen in the picture) and machining plastics and sometimes I do aluminum plate in 4X8'. The laser can also cut it but it can't add counterbores or chamfers. Just straight up 2 dimensional cutting.View attachment 157428
Dang that would've been nice to know.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

J

JTW

I cut that all day in my CNC router. It's there just for swirling stainless sheet (as seen in the picture) and machining plastics and sometimes I do aluminum plate in 4X8'. The laser can also cut it but it can't add counterbores or chamfers. Just straight up 2 dimensional cutting.View attachment 157428
Awesome... I missed the router part. I take it you have a machine shop?

-Bear-

-Bear-

NTC Master Fabricator
Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2019
Black Hills, SD
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Awesome... I missed the router part. I take it you have a machine shop?

Everything is CNC (Mill, lathe, router, plasma and laser). Here it just got done cutting out a backing board from some 1/2" UHMW at 180 inches a minute. Usually run about 250 ipm at 0.500" depth of cut.

Reactions: Bones and Adam490
advertisement
99NTRAIN

99NTRAIN

Lifetime Member
Sep 17, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry for what may seem to be a silly question, but I want to get and install new skids and, not being very experienced at that sort of thing, the step that I'm scratching my beard over is safely lifting the front of the machine to an angle that makes it easy. I've scoured YouTube installation videos and seen a dozen photos that show the machine already in the air, but it's always such a tight shot that you can't see how it is suspended and they never talk about that step. So, I'm wondering, "Are they using a gantry? Are they winching it to a ceiling joist? Using a come-along?" Some of the instructions I saw say to lay the machine gently on its side; that's a job that sounds rough for just me and the wife... sounds like I need four people to do that gently.

Those of you that have done this, how did you do it?

Thanks,
20190407 170706

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a dxf file for this one if you know a place with a cnc router. I have about $400 in it including new bolts and Honda cup washers. 3/8" UMHW. I got the original file from a member then modified the cad to be more like the Factory skid. Seems like it's going to suit my needs.

View attachment 128630 View attachment 128631
If possible I need this file. I have the material and am at a friend's house who has all the equipment to cut it with his CNC machines. [email protected]
It would be awesome of you.

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!