Talon Spare tire carrier

TalonMatt

TalonMatt

Jan 9, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Talon R
Guys that got the JEI Offroad tire rack. When you order how long did it take to get? I ordered one but they have been very slow to respond to keep me updated. Told me it shipped but has not showed and no tracking number sent.

Kevinka1977

Kevinka1977

Dec 31, 2018
Washington
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Talon X
I’m sure with everything going on they are backed up some. If you are on Facebook I would follow them, they update there on progress. Super happy with spare tire rack I got from them. It’s built right and heavy duty.

TalonMatt

TalonMatt

Jan 9, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’m sure with everything going on they are backed up some. If you are on Facebook I would follow them, they update there on progress. Super happy with spare tire rack I got from them. It’s built right and heavy duty.

Totally understand with everything going on but if it shipped about two weeks ago, I should have it? Good idea about the FB page.
Thx!

J

jaymohn

Aug 9, 2019
Cincinnati
Ownership

1. Talon X
I don't recall seeing the one with the middle brace to the roof crossbar. I looked at the Factory UTV mount seriously before going with the Tusk. My concern was the height and a single clamp on a 32" tire. The Factory UTV mount is also specific to your wheel offset. A stock Honda Talon Factory UTV spare tire mount is set for a factory front wheel at 6+1 I think. I run 5+2 now with a 10" tire and will have 4+3 & 4+4 for sand. I liked that the Tusk will adjust to the different offsets and tire profiles while also allowing for some tilt that just looks cooler. it does take away from loading tall items in the bed space but it is a worthwhile trade-off for me to have the tire lower and not sticking up over the roof. I can fit my recovery/ repair dry bag, Yeti Roadie 20 and a 16" Stihl and a helmet with room to spare. Either way, you go it's better to have a spare and not need it than to need one and not have it. This one doesn't use any bed space at all. Honda Talon 1000 Bed Extender spare tire mount Tailgate | eBay
Just a heads up for anyone looking to get a JEI Bed Extender with tire mount:
I believe they are working on a fix for this as the original design is not good. It has an extra support for the weight of the tire and rotopak but mounts to the muffler guard which is not strong enough to support the weight. I had to weld the muffler guard back on and weld a real support that mounts to my added hitch.
Another problem is that way the bed extender itself mounts to the bed of the utv. The design works well for the poineer because the bed extender can be flipped in the back of the utv if not needed. The Talon bed is not big enough to allow for this so it's pointless and takes up too much space. I was really let down by JEI and after contacting them several times for a fix to these flaws. I decided to just fix it myself. Can't say it was a waste of money as there was no other options at the time. Now there is but I've already spent the money and don't have unlimited funds.

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
so they use the muffler bracket stuff rather than the cage? My HMF bumper attaches to cage at same point but seperate from muffler stuff

Reactions: Hotrodbud
D

Dusty63

Jun 21, 2019
Statesville, NC
Ownership

1. Talon X
@Lil_Steve tried that and it set a code 'somewhere'. Hopefully he'll add the details. He's also running 32's and added another 32 to a stock rim for a spare.

Steve offered me his damaged wheel to use as my spare but it's in Arizona and I'm 'trapped' in Colorado for the time being. :( I'm all dressed up and nowhere to go. 😭

My Factory UTV carrier -
View attachment 197497

The TSC 32" storage box clears easily. I copied TerryH's install, all the details and video are in his build thread.
View attachment 197498
May I ask where you are finding that carrier with the whip mounts on both sides? Thank you

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
My Ipad must have a Biden bug. It will stop loading whenever I click on a Fox News story. Was going to read the story about NPR refusing to cover the Biden email. Defund NPR from our tax dollars!
May I ask where you are finding that carrier with the whip mounts on both sides? Thank you
That is a "Factory UTV" mount just search that online.
Nemo is correct. 👍 Note that it's wheel specific, you have to click that box - I'll be using a stock front wheel/tire on mine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!