P1000 Stereo System Deal!

Cal

Cal

Apr 15, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been working on my house to get it ready to post for sale. We plan to move to a more expensive house, but thank God it's out in the country! I haven't had as much time to ride as I'd like and certainly not enough time for projects I actually like doing.

Anyway, I have just been using a shower Bluetooth speaker for tunes so far. It works ok in the woods and slow trails, but it just turns into cackling background noise when at speed. I came across this marine kit (stereo, 4 speaker, wiring for $99) from Crutchfield and I wanted to share it because it's so cheap and gets decent reviews.

Boss MCK632WB.64

Now I have to dream up how I'm going to mount everything when I actually get time to install it. I have a soft cab pieced together that I use when my home in Central Minnesota turns into a frozen tundra. I have a Honda roof, split front windshield, and soft front doors. The mid and rear is all sectioned off with an Over Armour soft cab kit. The link below is for the full soft cab kit.
FRONT/BACK SOFT DOOR KIT WITH MIDDLE/REAR WINDOWS
When I purchase mine, you could get just the rear window, rear doors, and mid window as a kit for about $400.

How it the Hell am I going to mount speakers and keep out of the way for a soft cab that comes off and on?! Such tough decisions especially if I hope to upgrade my stereo someday with a sub and better speakers.

Reactions: Tuco69 and sharp
H

hemifoot

I have been working on my house to get it ready to post for sale. We plan to move to a more expensive house, but thank God it's out in the country! I haven't had as much time to ride as I'd like and certainly not enough time for projects I actually like doing.

Anyway, I have just been using a shower Bluetooth speaker for tunes so far. It works ok in the woods and slow trails, but it just turns into cackling background noise when at speed. I came across this marine kit (stereo, 4 speaker, wiring for $99) from Crutchfield and I wanted to share it because it's so cheap and gets decent reviews.

Boss MCK632WB.64

Now I have to dream up how I'm going to mount everything when I actually get time to install it. I have a soft cab pieced together that I use when my home in Central Minnesota turns into a frozen tundra. I have a Honda roof, split front windshield, and soft front doors. The mid and rear is all sectioned off with an Over Armour soft cab kit. The link below is for the full soft cab kit.
When I purchase mine, you could get just the rear window, rear doors, and mid window as a kit for about $400.

How it the Hell am I going to mount speakers and keep out of the way for a soft cab that comes off and on?! Such tough decisions especially if I hope to upgrade my stereo someday with a sub and better speakers.
it's a good deal,no doubt,but in my useless opinion it's the wrong type of stereo for your application.i'm currently waiting on a mechless 4" marine stereo that fits into a boat gauge hole.easier to install and vibration resistant.not to mention a smaller foot print.match it with a good 2 channel marine amp and some wakeboard tower speakers mounted to the rollcage.i have this in my boat and it sounds really good.

Reactions: Eltobgi and trigger
Cal

Cal

Apr 15, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
it's a good deal,no doubt,but in my useless opinion it's the wrong type of stereo for your application.i'm currently waiting on a mechless 4" marine stereo that fits into a boat gauge hole.easier to install and vibration resistant.not to mention a smaller foot print.match it with a good 2 channel marine amp and some wakeboard tower speakers mounted to the rollcage.i have this in my boat and it sounds really good.
I agree with you completely. I've been looking for something for quite a while but trying to keep it on the cheap. At the very least, I'm hoping it will hold me over until I decide to invest in something better.

My long list of wants for this machine far exceeds my funds right now. I've been under-doing everything on it to save money. When the house sells, and I'm in the new one hopefully I can shake out some more time and money. Getting my house ready to sell sucked the funds out of me much more than I had hoped.

Reactions: L2R
H

hemifoot

I agree with you completely. I've been looking for something for quite a while but trying to keep it on the cheap. At the very least, I'm hoping it will hold me over until I decide to invest in something better.

My long list of wants for this machine far exceeds my funds right now. I've been under-doing everything on it to save money. When the house sells, and I'm in the new one hopefully I can shake out some more time and money. Getting my house ready to sell sucked the funds out of me much more than I had hoped.
i'm in almost the same boat.we're selling one of our summer homes and just bought another lakefront home that's closer to the area we usually take off to on weekends to camp/fish. we plan to retire in it and sell our townhouse we currently live in now.part of the deal for me to suffer through a cariboo area winter was that i get some winter toys,that's why the p1k-5 deluxe and the camso tracks.i also have to mod on the cheap.no roof,that's for carrying the small jon boat. shocks if i'm lucky,and tires only after i kill the stockers.i have a winch from another project,just need a plate. the stereo is a non issue,it goes on whether wifey likes it or not,just like the boat.i actually just got back from my local yamaha dealer.they had helmets for %75 off so the wife got a nice open face with a half shield.i'm hoping 1 or 2 fall rides and she makes me get a windshield.it's cheaper than 2 full face snowmobile helmets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cal
L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Glock, I like your box. that is awesome.

I want to duplicate what I did on my golf cart. Bluetooth amp +2 marine speakers with no radio or faceplate.
Less work and I don't know where I would put a face plate on the sxs at the moment.

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Boss MCK632WB.64

That's cheap and a lot of crap included with that package, but that's just what it is. You'd have to cut a BA hole for that receiver so you're looking at bldg a box, might as well make it big enough for the speakers, no enclosures, could buy pods to mount them in? Takes a 10 amp fuse and rated at 200w peak, it's not going to produce much power. My experience with Boss speakers has been when you do send them good clean power they sound like sh** anyway. Not worth the amount of time and effort for that system IMO.

Cal

Cal

Apr 15, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's cheap and a lot of crap included with that package, but that's just what it is. You'd have to cut a BA hole for that receiver so you're looking at bldg a box, might as well make it big enough for the speakers, no enclosures, could buy pods to mount them in? Takes a 10 amp fuse and rated at 200w peak, it's not going to produce much power. My experience with Boss speakers has been when you do send them good clean power they sound like sh** anyway. Not worth the amount of time and effort for that system IMO.
It showed up last night. The receiver isn't near as deep as I was expecting, or at least as deep as CD player decks usually are. I like the idea of the receiver in the dash better than on the roof but I like #GlockMeister's idea of the overhead speaker box. I guess I will find out how this system sounds when I get that far. Right now my main concern is finding something that sounds better than a little Bluetooth shower speaker. I think this will accomplish that... for now.

I have an Infiniti Kappa Perfect 12 and a kicker amp that I used to run in my Camaro, but I assumed it will be too large and heavy to ever fit in my Pioneer. Maybe I should just sell them and get a smaller system for this someday.

Whenever the Hell I can get this installed, I'm sure I'll post an update on how it sounds/turned out.

Reactions: Eltobgi
H

hemifoot

It showed up last night. The receiver isn't near as deep as I was expecting, or at least as deep as CD player decks usually are. I like the idea of the receiver in the dash better than on the roof but I like #GlockMeister's idea of the overhead speaker box. I guess I will find out how this system sounds when I get that far. Right now my main concern is finding something that sounds better than a little Bluetooth shower speaker. I think this will accomplish that... for now.

I have an Infiniti Kappa Perfect 12 and a kicker amp that I used to run in my Camaro, but I assumed it will be too large and heavy to ever fit in my Pioneer. Maybe I should just sell them and get a smaller system for this someday.

Whenever the Hell I can get this installed, I'm sure I'll post an update on how it sounds/turned out.
look into the low profile powered subs.i have one in my ram that fits under the passenger seat.can't remember the dimensions but it is something like 3"deep and really pumps out the bass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cal
advertisement
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
This may be the way to go...
31D4B3A0 C65B 486E A8CD D516936AF184
Mount this upside down under the dash or on the center of the seats
8A8A8161 405B 44A6 B014 A46DEC733AC5
Buy two sets of these and mount them in the base of the seat or in the doors.

Use 4 self tappers to secure to location, trace center, remove spacer, cut hole, re attach using new hardware (hex head stainless steel with washers and lock nuts), use black silicon to fill any openings between the ring and mounting location, let dry, mount speakers.

This is probably the cheapest way to install your system while protecting it from the elements.

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
I did this on my golf cart. Bluetooth + phone + 2 marine speakers

Upload 2019 7 7 8 14 29

I can tell you the sound quality is adequate and at 50%, it's too loud to sit inside to listen to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eltobgi

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!