clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone with the Swamp Donkey Stereo ? What do you think ?
Swamp Donkey

tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone with the Swamp Donkey Stereo ? What do you think ? View attachment 119391
Have one in our P1000/5. The only problem we’ve had with it is the master switch outside of the radio cover. Thought it was supposed to be somewhat waterproof but it’s not. Have to play with the switch a little sometimes to get it to come on. I try not to get a lot of water up there when I wash it now. Blue tooth works good and the sound is ok.

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have one in our P1000/5. The only problem we’ve had with it is the master switch outside of the radio cover. Thought it was supposed to be somewhat waterproof but it’s not. Have to play with the switch a little sometimes to get it to come on. I try not to get a lot of water up there when I wash it now. Blue tooth works good and the sound is ok.

Would you happen to have any pictures of it installed in the machine ? Cant seem to find much of anything from Google .

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Would you happen to have any pictures of it installed in the machine ? Cant seem to find much of anything from Google .
My wife has one installed in her P1000-5. Its decently loud, but not a lot of bass. If you have intentions of chopping your cage dont buy the Swamp Donkey, you will hit your head on it. It is bluetooth, but periodically it drops the signal that is coming from my wifes phone and her playlist stops playing. That may be a phone issue, not a stereo issue. If you dont get a pic of one mounted soon I will snap a few pics of hers when I get home this evening and post them on here for you.

Reactions: clifforeilly
clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 3943
I went with the universal because of price and I wanted the dome lights. Added the marine shield . Had to add to the outside of the box a little to do it .

Added an external antenna , the one that came with it may have worked it was not all balled up on the inside of the box .

Taking the stereo out was a huge pain . Swamp Donkey told me it was just keyed into the frame . NOT, it was screwed and taped . Had to take out the speakers to figure that out .

Very happy with it . Loud enough for 55 mph driving . Sound quality is fine with me .

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 3945
Gonna add these to the switches to make truly water proof .

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!