CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
And the best laid plans of mice and men have come to a screeching halt. There is no way to make the HMF HD bumper work with the '22 grille without some major surgery on the grille shell which I refuse to do. I've contacted HMF to see when they are going to do a redesign for their HD bumper so I can retain my current Exo bars. Having a custom bumper made is a definite possibility but my fab guy has a mother board failure in the CNC so waiting at least 5 weeks for that to be replaced. Grrr.

Need some protection up there on front, that wouldnt last on trails we ride
He just found out this won’t fit - :(

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
Yes. The headlights have to be removed form the brackets they are mounted in on the older grille and snapped into the '22 grille. The 2 pivot points fit into holes in the new grille. Takes a bit of jockeying to get them in right and the adjusters in the new slots. The wiring harness will end up[ with extra cable clips that will remain unused in the '22 setup.

There are more pieces that one really should have.

These little covers might have been on the original list but if not, you need them to fill a gap by the headlights. They are on BO with no date.

COVER, L. HEADLIGHT TRIM (INNER)

61440-HL6-AA0

$7.75

COVER, R. HEADLIGHT TRIM (INNER)

61430-HL6-AA0

$7.74

The fan shroud is different. It will "work" with the original one but the '22 shroud help support the grille. The shroud is available or at least it was yesterday.

SHROUD, RADIATOR

19014-HL6-AA0

$25.10

These are caps tat block the big holes behind the headlights so they don't get packed with mud. Therese are available. You will need 2 of them.

CAP, FR. COVER *NH1* (BLACK)

64365-040-000ZH

$3.77
Just got my radiator shroud today.

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
I got a few more parts in yesterday for my front grill swap. Just need 3 more parts and I'm teady.
I have everything now except the little corner covers by the headlight and the grille insert itself. Don't care about the grille insert but it would be nice to have those corner pieces. Plus still waiting on the dang fab shop to get the controller fixed for their CNC.

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have everything now except the little corner covers by the headlight and the grille insert itself. Don't care about the grille insert but it would be nice to have those corner pieces. Plus still waiting on the dang fab shop to get the controller fixed for their CNC.
Those are the same things I'm waiting for.

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
@TerryH how is your Talon coming along? Sure wish the rest of my parts would come in. Just need a few now, the same ones you need.

Reactions: Smitty335
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
@TerryH how is your Talon coming along? Sure wish the rest of my parts would come in. Just need a few now, the same ones you need.
It's just sitting in my shop. Looks like I'm going to have to find another fab shop. Been waiting since October and now getting no response from him.

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
It's just sitting in my shop. Looks like I'm going to have to find another fab shop. Been waiting since October and now getting no response from him.
Thats not good. Yep sounds like you need to fine another fab shop. Getting into the riding season soon. We are have 65 degree and sunny weather her now. The California rains have stopped for awhile. Was out Saturday and going out again tomorrow.

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thats not good. Yep sounds like you need to fine another fab shop. Getting into the riding season soon. We are have 65 degree and sunny weather her now. The California rains have stopped for awhile. Was out Saturday and going out again tomorrow.
Big snow storm here later today and tonight. March will be here and I'll still be wishing I had it done if I don't get going. Super disappointing on the first guy. Did such a beautiful job on the cage but at some point I just have to move on.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
the heck with the cnc bender, tape measure, angle finder, tube bender, weld machine, drill press, beers, $100 in tubing, long Saturday at my buddy’s - poof - 1.75” - .120 wall tree kickers…..

powder coating took longer 😂
2344C642 9C58 4241 B048 B839DE6CB0E0
09671755 212F 4118 9181 5B4E742B4947

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!