Talon TerryH's 1000 X build.....

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Yes. White frame, red insert, compound Talon lettering blue on white. I think it should be pretty cool.

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
And the best laid plans of mice and men have come to a screeching halt. There is no way to make the HMF HD bumper work with the '22 grille without some major surgery on the grille shell which I refuse to do. I've contacted HMF to see when they are going to do a redesign for their HD bumper so I can retain my current Exo bars. Having a custom bumper made is a definite possibility but my fab guy has a mother board failure in the CNC so waiting at least 5 weeks for that to be replaced. Grrr.

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
And the best laid plans of mice and men have come to a screeching halt. There is no way to make the HMF HD bumper work with the '22 grille without some major surgery on the grille shell which I refuse to do. I've contacted HMF to see when they are going to do a redesign for their HD bumper so I can retain my current Exo bars. Having a custom bumper made is a definite possibility but my fab guy has a mother board failure in the CNC so waiting at least 5 weeks for that to be replaced. Grrr.
But the 2022 front grill went on fine to your Talon?

Reactions: Smittyp
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
But the 2022 front grill went on fine to your Talon?
Yes. The headlights have to be removed form the brackets they are mounted in on the older grille and snapped into the '22 grille. The 2 pivot points fit into holes in the new grille. Takes a bit of jockeying to get them in right and the adjusters in the new slots. The wiring harness will end up[ with extra cable clips that will remain unused in the '22 setup.

There are more pieces that one really should have.

These little covers might have been on the original list but if not, you need them to fill a gap by the headlights. They are on BO with no date.

COVER, L. HEADLIGHT TRIM (INNER)

61440-HL6-AA0

$7.75

COVER, R. HEADLIGHT TRIM (INNER)

61430-HL6-AA0

$7.74

The fan shroud is different. It will "work" with the original one but the '22 shroud help support the grille. The shroud is available or at least it was yesterday.

SHROUD, RADIATOR

19014-HL6-AA0

$25.10

These are caps tat block the big holes behind the headlights so they don't get packed with mud. Therese are available. You will need 2 of them.

CAP, FR. COVER *NH1* (BLACK)

64365-040-000ZH

$3.77

Last edited:
lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
Yes. The headlights have to be removed form the brackets they are mounted in on the older grille and snapped into the '22 grille. The 2 pivot points fit into holes in the new grille. Takes a bit of jockeying to get them in right and the adjusters in the new slots. The wiring harness will end up[ with extra cable clips that will remain unused in the '22 setup.

These little covers might have been on the original list but if not, you need them to fill a gap by the headlights. They are on BO with no date.

61440-HL6-AA0

$7.75

61430-HL6-AA0

$7.74

The fan shroud is different. It will "work" with the original one but the '22 shroud help support the grille. The shroud is available or at least it was yesterday.

SHROUD, RADIATOR

19014-HL6-AA0

$25.10

These are caps the block the big holes behind the headlights so they don't get packed with mud. Therese are available. You will need 2 of them.

64365-040-000ZH

$3.77
Thank you!

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X

61440-HL6-AA0

$7.75

61430-HL6-AA0

$7.74

SHROUD, RADIATOR

19014-HL6-AA0

$25.10

These are caps tat block the big holes behind the headlights so they don't get packed with mud. Therese are available. You will need 2 of them.

64365-040-000ZH

$3.77
I already ordered the little head light covers.
I did order the Radiator shroud and the two Cap,fr. cover yesterday from the dealer. Thanks again!

Reactions: Smittyp
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!