toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I used your youtube video to install my bandit tenders today. Thank you for making that. Mine didn't come with instructions, just a piece of paper that says "see our FAQ's for instructions" :rolleyes:

That and your machine looks awesome!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Had to share some pics from the weekend. Finally the maiden voyage for the Momentum 31G toy hauler. A spectacular weekend of riding and camping!

View attachment 261972

View attachment 261973

View attachment 261974

View attachment 261975

View attachment 261976

View attachment 261977

View attachment 261978

View attachment 261979
Those Grand Design RV's are so nice. Wife was always nervous pulling doubles so we picked up a 2021 381M on a whim last December and am so pleased with it. Only had a few chances to get it out so far, but it is far superior to my previous unit and tows so nice with all the suspension upgrades the Momentum M series come with.

It has a few gadgets that I though were a little silly but now that I have used them, I can't see myself without them.

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Those Grand Design RV's are so nice. Wife was always nervous pulling doubles so we picked up a 2021 381M on a whim last December and am so pleased with it. Only had a few chances to get it out so far, but it is far superior to my previous unit and tows so nice with all the suspension upgrades the Momentum M series come with.

It has a few gadgets that I though were a little silly but now that I have used them, I can't see myself without them.

We fell in love with the floorplan and the amenities of the 31G. We had a few issues but overall it's been great and Grand Design is a top notch company.

Reactions: Mopower58
Stilly1155

Stilly1155

Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2020
Peoria AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4
We fell in love with the floorplan and the amenities of the 31G. We had a few issues but overall it's been great and Grand Design is a top notch company.

That's a nice rig Terry. We have a Grand Design 337RLS we keep up north here in AZ for our summer get aways. They are a great company.

IMG 20191223 154052584 HDR

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
That's a nice rig Terry. We have a Grand Design 337RLS we keep up north here in AZ for our summer get aways. They are a great company.

View attachment 262040
Nice Reflection! Of all the brands that are sold anywhere close to us, the Grand Design's definitely stuck out in the crowd. The fit and finish were much better than anything else we saw and they've been very responsive to the few issues we had upon delivery. We love our 31G!

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Nice Reflection! Of all the brands that are sold anywhere close to us, the Grand Design's definitely stuck out in the crowd. The fit and finish were much better than anything else we saw and they've been very responsive to the few issues we had upon delivery. We love our 31G!
Agreed, the GD's are so much nicer and just felt more "solid" than the others. The floor is insulated all the way to the back under the garage, unlike all the others we looked at. I convert the garage (mine is walled off with a door) into an office during the day so I can travel and work and the separation and insulation were very important to me.

I'm 6'4" so one of the biggest selling points for me was the 6'6" ceiling height in the entire upper floor (notice how the roof doesn't slope down towards the front like most other 5ers) and the sunken shower so I can take a shower without hitting my head. Everything else we looked at was a joke when it came to headroom. We paid a couple thousand more than the nearest competitor but it was well worth it for the quality and the fact I don't have to duck every time I went upstairs :)...

PXL 20201203 215014341

D

DMack762

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon R
Terry,

I came across your YouTube video of the Instrument Cluster Relocation last night. Gave it a solid watch... I must say, very well done. I sub'd.

I noticed your Talon from this forum... keep up the good videos... solid! I will be ordering the cluster relocation kit based off your vid!

Cheers,

Darren

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Terry,

I came across your YouTube video of the Instrument Cluster Relocation last night. Gave it a solid watch... I must say, very well done. I sub'd.

I noticed your Talon from this forum... keep up the good videos... solid! I will be ordering the cluster relocation kit based off your vid!

Cheers,

Darren
Thank you Darren!

R

Rokey199

Apr 24, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Hey Terry, I am going to order a Weigh Safe hitch and have pretty much the same set up as you, I will just be using this for the toy hauler, I have dedicated hitches for my other trailers. (haven't picked up trailer yet) What drop did you get?
Thanks PD

Reactions: TerryH
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hey Terry, I am going to order a Weigh Safe hitch and have pretty much the same set up as you, I will just be using this for the toy hauler, I have dedicated hitches for my other trailers. (haven't picked up trailer yet) What drop did you get?
Thanks PD
I got the 8" but don't need it. 6" would have been fine. Only 1.5 holes from the top with it in the down position for me when the Talon is in the trailer. All the way to the top when the Talon isn't.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!