Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What would you say defines your type of terrain and speed?o_O

Well, you've seen it for days at fubars and RRB. There were many times we were over 50mph on black top and also CP and I raced some dirt roads. I've learned how to control it and what to expect. I would say that anyone new to it be cautious for a while.

For example, the Farm Rig will keep its anti sway bar because it doesn't see extreme terrain and needs stability when hauling loads.

You'll learn to trust the sway increase you feel. It will sway more but it's like there's a limit before the tire slides. I can still drift gravel roads bouncing off the rev limiter it does feel less stable doing that though.

@CumminsPusher remember that gravel road run? We both had ASBs removed.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Oh, also we hit the blacktop and ran back to camp. @Plumber32 was following me and we were over 50mph easy and it feels stable as long as I dont need to dodge a deer at those speeds.

CP: This group looked for anything rough and had a great time. It wasn't all about who was the best or correct line just some good ol boys with a beer and a 4wd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh, also we hit the blacktop and ran back to camp. @Plumber32 was following me and we were over 50mph easy and it feels stable as long as I dong need to dodge a deer at those speeds.

CP: This group looked for anything rough and had a great time. It wasn't all about who was the best or correct line just some good ol boys with a beer and a 4wd.
I saw 58 at 1 point and I wasn't gaining on you.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well, you've seen it for days at fubars and RRB. There were many times we were over 50mph on black top and also CP and I raced some dirt roads. I've learned how to control it and what to expect. I would say that anyone new to it be cautious for a while.

For example, the Farm Rig will keep its anti sway bar because it doesn't see extreme terrain and needs stability when hauling loads.

You'll learn to trust the sway increase you feel. It will sway more but it's like there's a limit before the tire slides. I can still drift gravel roads bouncing off the rev limiter it does feel less stable doing that though.

@CumminsPusher remember that gravel road run? We both had ASBs removed.
Ya we were scooting!!! Wouldn't have wished that one on too many. Sometimes when at speed it's a good idea to set the rig up for the corner you can't just immediately lean on the wheel at speed with a removal. But even that run a sway bar rig wouldn't catch it.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Appreciate all the comments guys! I will give it a try just tying it up and proceed cautiously as removing/disconnecting the sway bar will impact high speed handling. I do a lot of high speed cornering on gravel and hard packed trails, tire slides under most conditions, lot of 66 mph road driving. In consideration of the majority of my driving I quickly accelerate and straight-a-ways and slow into the curves about 20mph and accelerate out at averages around 40-45 mph . Not sure it's for me but who knows i may love it! Thanks again for the feedback.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Appreciate all the comments guys! I will give it a try just tying it up and proceed cautiously as removing/disconnecting the sway bar will impact high speed handling. I do a lot of high speed cornering on gravel and hard packed trails, tire slides under most conditions, lot of 66 mph road driving. In consideration of the majority of my driving I quickly accelerate and straight-a-ways and slow into the curves about 20mph and accelerate out at averages around 40-45 mph . Not sure it's for me but who knows i may love it! Thanks again for the feedback.

Just don't make your decision after the first ride. Give it two or three rides to learn the new set up and you'll end up loving it.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
So decided to stop at the local plumbing supply to see it I could make something to position 4" speakers toward occupants. Prototype #1 cost=about $7 & use of cup holders...
IMG 0294 IMG 0295
Will use pipe and cap to support air volume enclosure needs if I go this route. Plan to take about 2" off of pvc pipe to shorten and bring speaker as close as possible to dash without sacrificing angle. Other options include $200 mounts for roll cage, or this...IMG 0293
IMG 0292
There is a member on the forum who has already mounted these same speakers in the under dash location

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So decided to stop at the local plumbing supply to see it I could make something to position 4" speakers toward occupants. Prototype #1 cost=about $7 & use of cup holders...
View attachment 44468 View attachment 44469
Will use pipe and cap to support air volume enclosure needs if I go this route. Plan to take about 2" off of pvc pipe to shorten and bring speaker as close as possible to dash without sacrificing angle. Other options include $200 mounts for roll cage, or this...View attachment 44467
View attachment 44466
There is a member on the forum who has already mounted these same speakers in the under dash location

So, what does it sound like?

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
So, what does it sound like?
Still in the design phase! Have to completely rewire the system! Adding this...
IMG 0296
6 channels @ 50 watts RMS
8" tower speakers, 6x9, & 4" kicker speakers all get 50 watts & isolating 12" subs for Bass!
Have to consider mounting location for amps for recommended 4" of air flow most likely under the hood, so have to remove old wiring already under drivers seat!
Still plan on having the sub box quick release for multiple riders.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Still in the design phase! Have to completely rewire the system! Adding this...
View attachment 44487
6 channels @ 50 watts RMS
8" tower speakers, 6x9, & 4" kicker speakers all get 50 watts & isolating 12" subs for Bass!
Have to consider mounting location for amps for recommended 4" of air flow most likely under the hood, so have to remove old wiring already under drivers seat!
Still plan on having the sub box quick release for multiple riders.
Remember, we need thorough documentation on this install ;)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 44468 View attachment 44469
Will use pipe and cap to support air volume enclosure needs if I go this route. Plan to take about 2" off of pvc pipe to shorten and bring speaker as close as possible to dash without sacrificing angle. Other options include $200 mounts for roll cage, or this...View attachment 44467
View attachment 44466

12" subs in a sxs are going to pound! Why are you doing the PVC out of cup holders? Looks like the flush mount under the cup holders are the way to go. Will you have any kind of fader control? Also looks like you're using all kicker components too, good sh**! What brand are the subs and how many watts pushing them? I'm watching this one and would love to hear a sound clip when it's done. BA Eltobgi, rock on!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
12" subs in a sxs are going to pound! Why are you doing the PVC out of cup holders? Looks like the flush mount under the cup holders are the way to go. Will you have any kind of fader control? Also looks like you're using all kicker components too, good sh**! What brand are the subs and how many watts pushing them? I'm watching this one and would love to hear a sound clip when it's done. BA Eltobgi, rock on!
PVC mainly for sound imaging and setting the front sound stage! Subs are MTX Terminators 4 Ohm 400 watt max power handling! Not sure on output of the amp, but i will document all info! Sound clip will definitely be posted! Might have to take music requests for the clip. lol;) Oh and fader control will be accomplished by running front sound stage off one amp and rear off the other Kicker 4 channel amp.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
PVC mainly for sound imaging and setting the front sound stage! Subs are MTX Terminators 4 Ohm 400 watt max power handling! Not sure on output of the amp, but i will document all info! Sound clip will definitely be posted! Might have to take music requests for the clip. lol;) Oh and fader control will be accomplished by running front sound stage off one amp and rear off the other Kicker 4 channel amp.

Sweet! Staging, imaging and phasing...you're speaking my language. Can't wait to hear it. :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!