Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We call that stuff Liqui-tite, probably a brand name. Comes in different sizes. As long as it is sealed at both ends, it is waterproof. If water does get in though, it'll never get out.
Good point. My front section comes up through spare battery box so not much chance of water there. The rear exits under the bed so I should be good. A couple drain holes would be good idea at low points. Good catch!

Reactions: sharp and trigger
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check advanced auto. They stock #2 wire in the back. Last time it was about the same money as the jumper cables for me.
Try a welding supply store too. I use welding leads whenever I put a battery in the trunk. It's normally cheaper by foot than buying jumper cables. I use #2.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Try a welding supply store too. I use welding leads whenever I put a battery in the trunk. It's normally cheaper by foot than buying jumper cables. I use #2.

Way more flexible and rated at higher amperage too. That's what I used for second battery.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Check advanced auto. They stock #2 wire in the back. Last time it was about the same money as the jumper cables for me.

I would but I replaced the jumper cables in my truck with one of those lithium jump packs last summer so I really don't want to have to buy any wire for this project. 4ga should be good. I'd love some fine strand if I was buying but I'll go with what I got.

Plus, these cables are 18' long so the left over maybe put back together for a short set of cables or at least save the wire for the next project.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would but I replaced the jumper cables in my truck with one of those lithium jump packs last summer so I really don't want to have to buy any wire for this project. 4ga should be good. I'd love some fine strand if I was buying but I'll go with what I got.

Plus, these cables are 18' long so the left over maybe put back together for a short set of cables or at least save the wire for the next project.
Sound reasoning right there

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There was an old Delton
who lived in a shoe,
He had so many children
he didn't know what to do;

He gave them some broth
without any bread;
He whipped them all soundly
and put them to bed, so he could stay up and work on the pioneer.
Dude that is so amazingly accurate it's scary. Seriously lol. Well, except for the shoe part. Btw we did lose a kid Friday. Graduated high school and is now living by himself off a govt check. We are down to 8.

J

JTW

Dude that is so amazingly accurate it's scary. Seriously lol. Well, except for the shoe part. Btw we did lose a kid Friday. Graduated high school and is now living by himself off a govt check. We are down to 8.
Well, good?? I dunno... how to respond to that? (Losing the kid, government check thing)

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, good?? I dunno... how to respond to that? (Losing the kid, government check thing)
Its not as bad as I let on. He gets free housing and a small check as long as he stays in vocational school. So it's a good thing for him, not so much for taxpayers who pay for it lol. It's complicated.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Sorry about the Delay! Wife decided she wanted to join the weekend ride giving me about 3 hours notice...

But, before that woke up Saturday morning and opened the Sub Enclosure to find this...
IMG 0356 IMG 0357 IMG 0358
:eek:

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Its not as bad as I let on. He gets free housing and a small check as long as he stays in vocational school. So it's a good thing for him, not so much for taxpayers who pay for it lol. It's complicated.
Better that he stays in school
Sorry about the Delay! Wife decided she wanted to join the weekend ride giving me about 3 hours notice...

But, before that woke up Saturday morning and opened the Sub Enclosure to find this...
View attachment 44948 View attachment 44949 View attachment 44950
:eek:
Yuk, not good!:eek:

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!