P1000 The Grinch!

truc577

truc577

Lifetime Member
May 17, 2017
NEMO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
89e43b1c88fd37ded164c257c53cfb8ddealer says probably spark plugs ....I agree it smells like pure fuel coming out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truc577

truc577

Lifetime Member
May 17, 2017
NEMO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
636517582278b298f43829c08dc59635so the dealership feels like crap I think and they are sending a tech to check it out and change the oil since crankcase is probably partially full of fuel. As long as they fix it no harm done. What it was doing was cutting out really bad under throttle and had a super rough choppy idle. It got progressively worse very quickly to the point where as soon as I put it in gear it died. Which was about a mile from my house on the blacktop. At first I thought it was air in the fuel line and hoped it would come out of it.

Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Wow, sorry to hear that man. You're taking it good though.

CP: This group looked for anything rough and had a great time. It wasn't all about who was the best or correct line just some good ol boys with a beer and a 4wd.

truc577

truc577

Lifetime Member
May 17, 2017
NEMO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Stuff happens and you have to give things a chance to correct themselves. If they give me the cold shoulder it's on tho. Plus I had someone looking out for me because a trooper stopped and gave me a ride to my house.

Last edited:
advertisement
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
o_ODo you think it has something to do with the name you gave it? It's like that movie Christine about the car that was alive! If you treated it badly it wouldn't start or it would kill you! Be thankful it simply not starting! Maybe go outside and bolt on some mods to make peace;)

truc577

truc577

Lifetime Member
May 17, 2017
NEMO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The dealership owner called me and he is driving up 2 hours to come and get it. He made a promise that he will make this right. If he does what he says he will do they have made a customer for life( I usually trade every 2 years). If this isn't handled then I'll cross that bridge if it comes. I have to say this is where we get the opportunity to find good dealerships vs out the door and bye type dealerships!! Fix the problem, change out the gas contaminated oil and bring it back to me in perfect order and I'll be satisfied. Even with this experience to this point I wouldn't change a thing. I'd still buy a Pioneer 1000-5 and I'd still buy it from my dealership.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The dealership owner called me and he is driving up 2 hours to come and get it. He made a promise that he will make this right. If he does what he says he will do they have made a customer for life( I usually trade every 2 years). If this isn't handled then I'll cross that bridge if it comes. I have to say this is where we get the opportunity to find good dealerships vs out the door and bye type dealerships!! Fix the problem, change out the gas contaminated oil and bring it back to me in perfect order and I'll be satisfied. Even with this experience to this point I wouldn't change a thing. I'd still buy a Pioneer 1000-5 and I'd still buy it from my dealership.

Heard any thing? Keep us informed. Is your dealership a Power House Dealership? Mine is and when I had clutch issues, they got special help from tec support, they did some other stuff besides replace clutches. I paid for mine in full at purchase, so it didn't bother me so bad they had it a week 7 days. It's great now!

truc577

truc577

Lifetime Member
May 17, 2017
NEMO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Heard any thing? Keep us informed. Is your dealership a Power House Dealership? Mine is and when I had clutch issues, they got special help from tec support, they did some other stuff besides replace clutches. I paid for mine in full at purchase, so it didn't bother me so bad they had it a week 7 days. It's great now!
I am not sure, he said the Honda rep wanted it to come to the shop vs changing plugs and oil in my shop. In my dreams I'd like it if they made some kind of upgrade but thats not realistic in my realm. LoL I just want what I bought and thats a durable well running SXS.

truc577

truc577

Lifetime Member
May 17, 2017
NEMO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The owner came to my house this morning and loaded it on the trailer take it back to the dealership they change the spark plugs and it ran fine. Honda also told them to drain the fuel cell and change the engine oil they did that they are delivering it tomorrow at noon. I happen to be working in the area of the dealership I drove it down the highway it appears to be perfectly fine. Unfortunately I was in a company vehicle so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to start getting my stuff put on it.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Great news! Back in action soon!

CP: This group looked for anything rough and had a great time. It wasn't all about who was the best or correct line just some good ol boys with a beer and a 4wd.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
o_ODo you think it has something to do with the name you gave it? It's like that movie Christine about the car that was alive! If you treated it badly it wouldn't start or it would kill you! Be thankful it simply not starting! Maybe go outside and bolt on some mods to make peace;)

If it starts driving by itself I'd get rid of it. It hates all Shi**ers! :mad:

J

Jshell3

The owner came to my house this morning and loaded it on the trailer take it back to the dealership they change the spark plugs and it ran fine. Honda also told them to drain the fuel cell and change the engine oil they did that they are delivering it tomorrow at noon. I happen to be working in the area of the dealership I drove it down the highway it appears to be perfectly fine. Unfortunately I was in a company vehicle so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to start getting my stuff put on it.

The owner of the dealership?!?
Thumbs up to that guy!

Goes to show, a bad situation can be still become a good experience when handled correctly.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!