a
poem...

Just
say'n...
This forum allows many different people
to be members...if you thought there was a
..bunch of proper...people here...your mistaken
there's backwoods...backwards...hillbillies..rednecks
ADHD..ECT....everybody is allowed to be themselves. ..
sorry I'm not proper enough.......
almost forgot there's a guy on here...
..with teenage bigfoot feet...he might start
typing post....with them......JTW almost
forgot your best asset.
HaHa

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It has been as hot as 122F here. So yes, the A/C sounds pretty good. If they could do it as a $700-900 option, that would be nice. But I don't see that.

Yep, I have been out there recently, it was a HOT 125F but the Humidity was only 3% so Heat index was only 110. Still HOT, too hot to ride, too hot to work safely in. AC would be nice anywhere the HI gets over 105-110 on a regular basis. Kinda like a pool heater, its a premium but it lets you use your purchase for more months of the year. I think it'd be a $1500-$2000 option if the heater is @$600 from Honda, also gotta think it'd have to be connected direct to the motor because a 12V compressor motor would DRAW some AMPS.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Are you saying your buddy had the new 2018 RANGER XP1000?

No he has a 2017, just saying his 2017 beat me in every category except fuel economy, and who cares about fuel economy on a side by side?

The way his 2017 was whipping up on my Pioneer 1000-5 the new 2018 is not going to be close to being in the same league as the Pioneer.
But at the end of the day Polaris still has a track record of being biodegradable. :)

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No he has a 2017, just saying his 2017 beat me in every category except fuel economy, and who cares about fuel economy on a side by side?

The way his 2017 was whipping up on my Pioneer 1000-5 the new 2018 is not going to be close to being in the same league as the Pioneer.
But at the end of the day Polaris still has a track record of being biodegradable. :)
The 2018 Ranger sure looks good. I like my P1K-5, but the features and the storage areas on the new Ranger are awesome. I too would be very concerned with reliability.

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, I have been out there recently, it was a HOT 125F but the Humidity was only 3% so Heat index was only 110. Still HOT, too hot to ride, too hot to work safely in. AC would be nice anywhere the HI gets over 105-110 on a regular basis. Kinda like a pool heater, its a premium but it lets you use your purchase for more months of the year. I think it'd be a $1500-$2000 option if the heater is @$600 from Honda, also gotta think it'd have to be connected direct to the motor because a 12V compressor motor would DRAW some AMPS.
I was wondering if Honda is thinking, there is less engineering slapping a simple a/c system on then trying to manage the heat in the cab. after all, you are sitting on a hot engine. a lot of people in the north wouldn't need it but for those in the south it might be a simpler fix, although pricey.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was wondering if Honda is thinking, there is less engineering slapping a simple a/c system on then trying to manage the heat in the cab. after all, you are sitting on a hot engine. a lot of people in the north wouldn't need it but for those in the south it might be a simpler fix, although pricey.

Takes a lot of power to run a AC compressor. It'd be a tough add unless there's a PTO port on the site of the motor no ones noticed.

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Takes a lot of power to run a AC compressor. It'd be a tough add unless there's a PTO port on the site of the motor no ones noticed.
Have a place on the engine for a small A/C compressor, have a cap over it, similar to the optional starter offered on the CR450F. If you want the elect starter there was a place to just bolt it on. 2018 elect start is standard BTW.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!