BOX1

P700 Trailer

Russel

Russel

Apr 26, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Ownership

1. 700-4
What is a good trailer to haul camping gear or any type of gear. I am also looking for something that is durable on rugged and muddy trails? Does anyone use a trailer or just pack on the SxS?

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
There a few that I've seem. Looks like for real rugged trails they are using something like this but with big ol balloon atv tires on them for flotation:

Yutrax Tracking Axle : Cabela's

I use a modified single axle trail here in my yard, but its nothing I would take out on the trail.

Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've got a plan for mine just haven't launched it yet. Harbor freight sells a small trailer with 8" wheels, my plan was to use my stock front wheels and tires from my rancher on it. Pretty sure I'll have to drill the Honda pattern on the trailer hub not that big of a deal and If I had a spare for the p7 it would fit the trailer. Also considered just using the wheels it came with just to see how long they last. I'm sure the frame will need to be beefed up to suit me too but the for the price figured it'd be neat to have.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This trailer is awesome

Woodland ATV Trailer

I know this doesn't actually answer your question. However, these trailers are pretty handy.

To answer your question, when I need to pack in a lot of stuff I have used the bed. I am sure that there will be a day that I need to carry additional passengers in the bed and carry some camping gear. That's when one of these trailers could be handy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Russel

Russel

Apr 26, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Ownership

1. 700-4
This trailer is awesome

Woodland ATV Trailer

I know this doesn't actually answer your question. However, these trailers are pretty handy.

To answer your question, when I need to pack in a lot of stuff I have used the bed. I am sure that there will be a day that I need to carry additional passengers in the bed and carry some camping gear. That's when one of these trailers could be handy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, for a family of four it would be great to have the extra space if we decide not to take four wheeler with us camping and fishing.

Russel

Russel

Apr 26, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for all the info. I'm thinking of getting a hardy base trailer and then modifying it for my needs. Beefy tires, fishing pole holders, storage space for gear, rack for the cooler (the fish need to go somewhere), and possible set up for hunting.

Reactions: joeymt33
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
@Russel They make a pretty cool trailer down in town. Aluminum with bench seats and plenty of room for gear or to haul out a buffalo from salutary. but if I was you I would get a trailer that will haul the SXS but is not so nice that you would worry about taking it down the trail. I.E mine is for sale I'll give you the club discount! lol

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
but the one in town... my neighbor has one and if you wanted to come over i am sure he wouldn't mind you checking it out.

Russel

Russel

Apr 26, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Ownership

1. 700-4
@Russel They make a pretty cool trailer down in town. Aluminum with bench seats and plenty of room for gear or to haul out a buffalo from salutary. but if I was you I would get a trailer that will haul the SXS but is not so nice that you would worry about taking it down the trail. I.E mine is for sale I'll give you the club discount!
Bonneville
it looks like this one but with out the lid.
That would be nice, a little pricey though...May just weld one up over the summer if I find the time and parts.

Russel

Russel

Apr 26, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Ownership

1. 700-4
@Russel They make a pretty cool trailer down in town. Aluminum with bench seats and plenty of room for gear or to haul out a buffalo from salutary. but if I was you I would get a trailer that will haul the SXS but is not so nice that you would worry about taking it down the trail. I.E mine is for sale I'll give you the club discount! lol
I don't need a trailer to haul my SxS. I picked up a trailer from KSS to haul my SxS and quad.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!