UB 500’s 2023 Talon R Fox Live Valve

UB 500

UB 500

Jan 16, 2022
MD
Ownership

1. Talon R
Added the Honda trailing arm mud guards. Thanks to @Scrappapotamus for the part number when I had trouble finding it. Must have been OE because I see it everywhere now…. And by OE, I mean Operator Error! 🤣

Took a little ride this evening on some gravel roads. They seem to stop 90% of the small stone “pings” I used to hear hitting the rear framework/trailing arms or whatever they would bounce off off. Had to modify the Mud Buster lower mud guard slightly Roger the main bracket attached to the frame. No biggie, installation was easy.
7D042B2E 0AF3 4ADF B7B3 BCA00230924D
A7AC1D86 77F5 4CB4 A495 F7BC3B66313E
3518E01B 137B 4D5C B6B5 BB0F98D74F1B
02062244 DAAE 4547 A561 8824D170B572
46F8FE76 73C4 448A 993C 1F3BA1523253

Last edited:
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I've been looking for those exact guards for my short course car but never even thought to look in the Honda accessory book for them. I really thought they were aftermarket and this explains why I've never found them.... THANKS!!

Reactions: JenElio and UB 500
UB 500

UB 500

Jan 16, 2022
MD
Ownership

1. Talon R
I've been looking for those exact guards for my short course car but never even thought to look in the Honda accessory book for them. I really thought they were aftermarket and this explains why I've never found them.... THANKS!!
You’re welcome! I got the number from @Scrappapotamus. 😀

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Perhaps I'm missing the value of these.

If one were to install UHMW trailing arm guards, Mudbuster rear mud guards (to close up the open holes into the cab in front of the rear tires), a full UHMW skid plate set, and the OME shock already has an OEM guard, what exactly are these protecting?

Reactions: UB 500
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R

If one were to install UHMW trailing arm guards, Mudbuster rear mud guards (to close up the open holes into the cab in front of the rear tires), a full UHMW skid plate set, and the OME shock already has an OEM guard, what exactly are these protecting?

Nothing in that case, but if you already have that much stuff bolted on, may as well throw those on too. Lol

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X

box states protecting the rear undercarriage - interesting...

UB 500

UB 500

Jan 16, 2022
MD
Ownership

1. Talon R

Well for me, I don’t have the other stuff you mention except for the mudbuster guard covering the hole. My ‘22 trailing arms were all pinged up from the gravel roads I road. Thought I’d give these things a try. I’m already convinced they block stones from the front tires. Time will tell.

UB 500

UB 500

Jan 16, 2022
MD
Ownership

1. Talon R
Nothing new to add right now but a comment on the updated power steering unit on the ‘23 models. All I can say is WOW! I had some slight lag on the ‘22 with stock tires but it was down right horrible with the 32’s. So much that I first thought something was wrong. We’ll come full circle to the ‘23 and what ever Honda did to upsize the unit, well done! I have not had one hard turn, even running the 32’s on this Live Valve. Well done Honda! I can only assume that’s the kind of reaction those of you who installed an aftermarket unit to make the steering lag go away.

Reactions: WagginTail
H

HondaTech

Nothing new to add right now but a comment on the updated power steering unit on the ‘23 models. All I can say is WOW! I had some slight lag on the ‘22 with stock tires but it was down right horrible with the 32’s. So much that I first thought something was wrong. We’ll come full circle to the ‘23 and what ever Honda did to upsize the unit, well done! I have not had one hard turn, even running the 32’s on this Live Valve. Well done Honda! I can only assume that’s the kind of reaction those of you who installed an aftermarket unit to make the steering lag go away.

It's better than the easy steer on our race car. The incorporated the motor/controller together so the power draw isn't an issue.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!