UB 500’s 2023 Talon R Fox Live Valve

UB 500

UB 500

Jan 16, 2022
MD
Ownership

1. Talon R
I can’t believe it! Traded my orange ‘22 R in on Monday for the ‘23 Live Valve. I’m going to miss the orange, the blue is growing on me. I kept the Honda glass windshield and Super ATV rear panel from the ‘22 for the new LV unit. Also still have the 32’s that will go on the LV this week sometime.

DDC3A443 CCA0 4F49 9A18 7AF3BDDDDA61 B991F2A2 1124 42E0 B491 1923899C29F4 DBD2F4E6 9813 47DB B876 1EA481DB394A AC4A0683 BF61 422B AC3F 24C41833E8A2

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Congrats! What made you trade?
Live Valve + new electric power steering w/return to center + reduced wheelbase/tighter turning radius + full coverage doors w/cupholders and improved storage + ignition mapping improvements + Sport mode in low range + new wheels and Kenda tires + new ground @ front of vehicle.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Live Valve + new electric power steering w/return to center + reduced wheelbase/tighter turning radius + full coverage doors w/cupholders and improved storage + ignition mapping improvements + Sport mode in low range + new wheels and Kenda tires + new ground @ front of vehicle.
The 22’ has the center gauge and Someone correct me if im wrong the bigger PS. Of corse not the other stuff lol. Thats great if he wanted to upgrade, and truly his prerogative. Just curious if it was that huge of an upgrade to trade it?
Also thinking debt. Im sure had to take a hit unless money is no object then 🤷‍♂️ 😂

H

HondaTech

The 22’ has the center gauge and Someone correct me if im wrong the bigger PS. Of corse not the other stuff lol. Thats great if he wanted to upgrade, and truly his prerogative. Just curious if it was that huge of an upgrade to trade it?
Also thinking debt. Im sure had to take a hit unless money is no object then 🤷‍♂️ 😂

The 2022 has steering mounted gauge cluster and old power steering setup. 2023 Non S models only have the upgraded power steering so far.

UB 500

UB 500

Jan 16, 2022
MD
Ownership

1. Talon R
Congrats! What made you trade?
Scoop summed it up better than I could! Lol. All those he mentions plus the Live Valve is what I originally wanted in ‘22… but after 8 months waiting I took the orange R. I stayed on the list for Live Valve at my dealer, when they called it was a hard decision. I loved the orange machine!

Some other things (trying to cover several reply’s in this one, LOL)

The LV also has LED headlights (Honda dropped the LED on ‘22 models, or at least non LV models). The power steering upgrade is a bonus! I had intermittent issues like others did. The tighter turning radius is noticed A LOT! I did take a hit on the trade, tried selling out right, but no takers in the 2 weeks before I traded. $$ is an object, and there are days I regret the trade… then I get in the LV and forget those regrets.

I’ll have a few more pics soon. Want to get the windshield and back panel from the ‘22 on the LV and mud buster flares are due in this week. Once that happens, more pics.

UB 500

UB 500

Jan 16, 2022
MD
Ownership

1. Talon R
It will be slow getting other accessories on but this is what I have planned:
Light bar
Harnesses - already have the seatbelt by pass
Winch
Bed extender - leaning towards DRF and the compatible hitch

I forgot mention 32” tires from the ‘22 will go on this week. Probably use the ‘22 wheels they are mounted on. (I had a sidewall cut 1 week into owning it. Found a complete set of factory take off tire and wheel combo for $400 so I had 2 sets of factory wheels. Kept the one when I traded)

Bonus items later:
Doors
Wiper

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Scoop summed it up better than I could! Lol. All those he mentions plus the Live Valve is what I originally wanted in ‘22…
Au contraire mon frère, @UB 500 ... I did include the LV as the first reason in my list! I thought the '22 LV had the LED headlights, no?

I fully agree with your sentiment and reasons for upgrading, as well feeling the financial hit of trading a 1-year-old machine.

But like you said: "... there are days I regret the trade… then I get in the LV and forget those regrets." :D

UB 500

UB 500

Jan 16, 2022
MD
Ownership

1. Talon R
Au contraire mon frère, @UB 500 ... I did include the LV as the first reason in my list! I thought the '22 LV had the LED headlights, no?
Yeah I think the ‘22 LV had the LED headlights. My ‘22 was not a LV and that’s what I wanted originally. It was just a “plain ‘ole R” although I absolutely loved it!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It will be slow getting other accessories on but this is what I have planned:
Light bar
Harnesses - already have the seatbelt by pass
Winch
Bed extender - leaning towards DRF and the compatible hitch

I forgot mention 32” tires from the ‘22 will go on this week. Probably use the ‘22 wheels they are mounted on. (I had a sidewall cut 1 week into owning it. Found a complete set of factory take off tire and wheel combo for $400 so I had 2 sets of factory wheels. Kept the one when I traded)

Bonus items later:
Doors
Wiper
Thanks for the explanation.
Myself I wont be trading my Orange 21’ X2.quite happy with it.
I updated the PS with the SATV upgrade and 10 times better can turn with one finger. Ugraded my springs and will be sending the shocks out to re valve for an even better ride. I love LV’s cuz i wanted a white with blue cage bad but couldnt get one. Did drive one and I think mine is set up better. My Orange is kinda rare, dont see them hardly at all. i also have the elusive and Rare Snuff tune and the rig is a ripper from hell. Also helps the rig is pd for.

Nice ride you have.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
The 2023 non S models have integrated lower doors now, with cup holders and a pocket.

They will fit all 2019 and up models, no mods needed.
Since I don't ride in temps below ~40*, I don't want lowers, the thing already cooks me without them even though my windshield is up 95% of the time.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!