P1000 Upgraded Shocks Recommendations

NevadaCC

NevadaCC

Jul 13, 2024
Northern Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello All:

I wanted to have a discussion about the best upgraded shocks for the 2024 Pioneer !000-5 Deluxe.

We mostly 4WD some very tough and rocky roads and use it only occasionally to drag for weeds otherwise.

So we wanted the best bang for the buck, not really wanting the most expensive, and they have to be very, very tough to handle the rocky roads at a bit of speed.

So another Forum member recommended these shocks:

These seem like a great deal for all four shocks.

What say you? I want to make sure these are the best for the mid-money market.....

Reactions: Smitty335
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hello All:

I wanted to have a discussion about the best upgraded shocks for the 2024 Pioneer !000-5 Deluxe.

We mostly 4WD some very tough and rocky roads and use it only occasionally to drag for weeds otherwise.

So we wanted the best bang for the buck, not really wanting the most expensive, and they have to be very, very tough to handle the rocky roads at a bit of speed.

So another Forum member recommended these shocks:

These seem like a great deal for all four shocks.

What say you? I want to make sure these are the best for the mid-money market.....
Man that's one of them questions you'll get a bunch of different answers for depending on the rider. If you want to stay under $2K I think you have a few options like FOX, Bandit, RC Vertex, Elka stage 1 or even 2 and maybe 1 or 2 other brands out there I can't recall.

Use the search bar option up top and read up on some real world reviews from the members here, lots of discussions on the subject.

Good luck 👍

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So we wanted the best bang for the buck, not really wanting the most expensive,
Unless you have a price point to post that your willing to spend, might as well stick with the stockers. Otherwise….Wait for it……

NevadaCC

NevadaCC

Jul 13, 2024
Northern Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, under $2000 and I am reading the threads, but I need some help. The threads go off on tangents beyond my understanding of lifts and other mods.

We need the easiest to use on the OEM set-up, not mechanics..but we can install them ourselves.

Can anyone with upgraded shocks on the P-5 in the last few years, recommend? Don't need more lift per se, but it doesn't hurt if the shocks lift a bit more. We have a heavy spare tire and dogs and/or passengers in back regularly.

I saw that Fox can be purchased for similar price with a link on another thread....is that the way to go or ?

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, under $2000 and I am reading the threads, but I need some help. The threads go off on tangents beyond my understanding of lifts and other mods.

We need the easiest to use on the OEM set-up, not mechanics..but we can install them ourselves.

Can anyone with upgraded shocks on the P-5 in the last few years, recommend? Don't need more lift per se, but it doesn't hurt if the shocks lift a bit more. We have a heavy spare tire and dogs and/or passengers in back regularly.

I saw that Fox can be purchased for similar price with a link on another thread....is that the way to go or ?
I’m happy with the Fox but from what I have read these Bandits you referenced are supposed to be good. I wouldn’t hesitate to go with them if I were you.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
It depends what Your needs and desires are? What don't you like about the way your Pioneer performs? Do you get on the roadway, how fast will you operate it on tarmac, gravel and the trails or around your place? If you could design your Pioneer's suspension, what would you desire the machine doing that it doesn't currently? I prefer driving a little on the faster side. Whether on the trails, running through the farm or on the road heading into town for the mail, the little grocery or dine at one of the good boutique eateries in town. I wanted mine to handle as well as possible and have the ability to fine tune to find a happy medium between my intended usage. I took mine to TO23 and was very happy with my Pioneer's capabilities and ride. I drive mine on the backroads which are mostly paved but may hit a long gravel county road or long driveway. I enjoy rolling on and prefer not scrubbing speed in, through and out of corners, and if needing to get off the road quickly, I need something predictable doing so. Probably too much info, but if you're looking for a Cush ride and slow speeds, buy the cheap suspension. If wanting to play cat and mouse on the trail or hauling ass to town, get the good ones. I looked at everything, then narrowed my list. Lots of info on the forums including this one, plus ton's of info on YouTube. I bought ELKA 5s. They work for me considering I'm driving a Pioneer. Great machine, but never will it be a Talon.

Reactions: Smitty335
JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Just to be clear, you have a 1000-5 not a P5 correct?

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Says P1K5

Reactions: JenElio
NevadaCC

NevadaCC

Jul 13, 2024
Northern Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m happy with the Fox but from what I have read these Bandits you referenced are supposed to be good. I wouldn’t hesitate to go with them if I were you.
I would have bought them already, but I wanted to make sure before I flip the switch lol...

My concern is that the Bandits are 'too complicated' to adjust for us. We don't want to have to try and figure them out constantly, you know what I mean?

They have quite a few different inputs to adjust....just want a softer ride on very rocky 4wd roads. We do not ride on pavement much, its tough dirt, gravel and big rocks, washboard, and slippery decomposed granite, rock crawling and steep inclines with ruts and all of that, true Sierra mountain 4wd, a bit of everything...and these trails around here...we cannot get past 30mph on the best of them.

Don't want to change out springs or anything too complicated...just put the new shocks on and not too hard to adjust :)

Last edited:
advertisement
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The threads go off on tangents beyond my understanding of lifts and other mods.
Just wait…this will too! Cuz its another shock thread 🤣

I like the Foxes myself. Mod them the way you want. Or an Elka and order them the way u want. Or just keep reading and it will blow your 🤯

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I would have bought them already, but I wanted to make sure before I flip the switch lol...

My concern is that the Bandits are 'too complicated' to adjust for us. We don't want to have to try and figure them out constantly, you know what I mean?

They have quite a few different inputs to adjust....just want a softer ride on very rocky 4wd roads. We do not ride on pavement much, its tough dirt, gravel and big rocks and steep inclines with ruts and all of that, true Sierra mountain 4wd, a bit of everything. Don't want to change out springs or anything too complicated...just put the new shocks on and not too hard to adjust :)
I think @Mudwisel recently purchased the Bandits you linked, if so maybe he can give you his 2 cents...

Mudwisel

Mudwisel

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
I have used elka , fox, bandit ect. I like the bandit. I am not ignorant with suspension. Anything is better than stock. Me personally and I have stated this before the digressive valving of the RC shocks is a deal breaker for me. There are people that like them for sure. In most cases they are comparing to stock. You have to make what ever decision is right for you. IMO if you have a budget of $2000 buy the bandits and leave them the way they come set and you should be more than happy. The adjustments will still be there later if you ever have the opportunity to use them. @JACKAL is also using them and he is very happy.You can read his build thread to see his comments. If you decide to go the cheaper route with the RC I would not spend the extra money on the external reservoirs in their shock. It is the same valving and not worth the price to cut down on thevery little cavitation you will get by the type of riding you will be doing

NevadaCC

NevadaCC

Jul 13, 2024
Northern Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
S

Scamih

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2020
Marshall Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you can afford it buy fox. If you are on a budget buy rc vertex on front and rc M1 on the rear. I haven’t had time to compare my rc vertex to fox but I will in the next month. I wrote a review on vertex and I’m really happy with them.

FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@FL_CrackerLife

I went with the M1 RC shocks on the front and rear of my 2019 Pioneer 1000-5 DLX, it’s a vast improvement over stock. We aren’t pushing the limits to where we need the aggressive shocks. I am completely satisfied with these RC M1’s. For the price, they’re great. I was all about going with the 814’s but my budget (wife) was not!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement