Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Our hayburners don't cost much, of course we don't have but 2. Shoes every eight weeks, feed and hay in the winter and just feed in the summer. 74 today, breezy with storms tomorrow and 80's for the weekend!

Reactions: Caper and Mudwing
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
barns are a lot of the cost for horses, well any animal has to be able to get in out of the cold and be heated, cows anything, plus feed

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Of course it doesn't get that cold here. When it's cold to us,in the 20's, you can put our horses in the barn field, and they just stand outside. The only time my wife really wants them on the barn side is if it is sleeting or cold and rainy. I figured out a long time ago that horses aren't the smartest animal on earth.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
anything to do with horses is big money, horses, horse boarding trailers, what ever you talk about a horse is five times what you think it should be. wifes friends have horses, gave my daughter a few lessons and fed them a few times but you don't want to know how much that is normally.
Haha. Yup. My dad had race horses. A money pit with legs.
Saying that. I do love horses.
And I know someone you can get a horse for your daughter from. :)
My friend has around 40 horses. That’s a lot of crap to shovel. :)
Caper

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Of course it doesn't get that cold here. When it's cold to us,in the 20's, you can put our horses in the barn field, and they just stand outside. The only time my wife really wants them on the barn side is if it is sleeting or cold and rainy. I figured out a long time ago that horses aren't the smartest animal on earth.
Pig's are a lot smarter and we eat them? Except for @Montecresto?

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
They give off a lot of heat. It could be -20 and after a race the steam coming off the horse was crazy. Wash them down with a hose and just like turning on the steam. But then they need a blanket.
Horses on Sable Island don’t have shelter. They starve because the stallion keeps the horses not in his harem out of the only grass in the winter. Cruel world when you live on a little island in the North Atlantic.
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Being from the South I love pork. Got some pork ribs on the smoker as we speak.
Invite @Montecresto over to the great side of life! He has different views on life, what ever you do, don't ask him to explain, last's for months! HA! Love you buddy! We are still talking about burning a wet mule, or was that someone else! HA!

advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Invite @Montecresto over to the great side of life! He has different views on life, what ever you do, don't ask him to explain, last's for months! HA! Love you buddy! We are still talking about burning a wet mule, or was that someone else! HA!
Haha, too funny. :)
Caper

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
He has enough money to burn his and someone else's wet mule! Is he a Muslim? :D

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Moonshiners is soon on. They are just talking now. Josh makes me laugh. The boys got nine lives, for sure. :) And Mark just looks like a good old boy. :) I like the show. :D
Caper

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
Haha. Yup. My dad had race horses. A money pit with legs.
Saying that. I do love horses.
And I know someone you can get a horse for your daughter from. :)
My friend has around 40 horses. That’s a lot of crap to shovel. :)
Caper

don't think so, feeding and petting them is a lot cheaper and easier than having that daily crap, they have four cats. wifes a sucker for sad stories and talking about #5 lately, surprised we haven't ended up with a horse. the quad or utv I can ride around and its not a daily chore

Reactions: Mudwing and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
don't think so, feeding and petting them is a lot cheaper and easier than having that daily crap, they have four cats. wifes a sucker for sad stories and talking about #5 lately, surprised we haven't ended up with a horse. the quad or utv I can ride around and its not a daily chore
Haha. Yup. :)
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
CF91014D 878B 4FD9 97D8 AFF506020A31
This couple just got married in Gros Morne national park in Newfoundland. Can only get there in the winter by snowmobile. Over 40 sleds to get everyone up there.
Only in Newfoundland. :)
Caper

advertisement