20190526 121917
20190526 125518

K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Freshwater drum. A pile of small ones in here. Kids like catching and worms are free so here we are.

Reactions: Caper
stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Well, they have raised forecast of river flood levels. This is getting serious.
Little Rock, AR

Terrible news, SWB. NBC News indicated tonight that there had been 211 tornadoes in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri over the last 10 days. Rainfall, and subsequent flooding, have been record-breaking. My heart goes out to my brothers and sisters in Arkansas. Only wish there was some way to keep from sending so much water downstream.

Steve

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Terrible news, SWB. NBC News indicated tonight that there had been 211 tornadoes in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri over the last 10 days. Rainfall, and subsequent flooding, have been record-breaking. My heart goes out to my brothers and sisters in Arkansas. Only wish there was some way to keep from sending so much water downstream.

Steve
I saw the NBC news too. The one guy said he lost four homes over the years. And he’s going to build again. Wow. That’s dedication. :)
Caper

Reactions: stellarpod
SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2

Steve
They have been catching it with tornadoes! That has got to get old in a hurry.

Reactions: Caper
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How will this effect the water and sewer systems in Ft Smith and Van Buren?
Fort Smith will have to use the Lake Fort Smith plant in Mountainburg and shut down the Lee Creek plant for drinking water if tubidity gets to high or access to that plant is cut off. As for wastewater, both Fort Smith and Van Buran have plants on the river and may just have to let mother nature handle it. The two barges loaded with ammonium nitrate that went down probably wont effect anything because the river flow was almost two million gallons a second and has only increased since then. At times like this dilution is the solution to pollution. Both ADEQ and EPA have agreed. Heading to Fort Smith tomorrow, I'll see if I can get pictures.

Last edited:
stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Fort Smith will have use the Lake Fort Smith plant in Mountainburg and shut down the Lee Creek plant for drinking water if tubidity gets to high or access to that plant is cut off. As for wastewater, both Fort Smith and Van Buran have plants on the river and may just have to let mother nature handle it. The two barges loaded with ammonium nitrate that went down probably wont effect anything because the river flow was almost two million gallons a second and has only increased since then. At times like this dilution is the solution to pollution. Both ADEQ and EPA have agreed. Heading to Fort Smith tomorrow, I'll see if I can get pictures.

Thanks for that info, YardDog.

Steve

Reactions: Caper and YardDog
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Still trying to figure out why two people with the Corp Of Engineer's stayed at lock and dam 13 until even boat access was impossible, they were rescued by helicopter today. In 2015 water was less than two feet from getting in the control room and knowing it would be much worse seems like a no brainer to me to get the hell out before it's cut off.

K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well squall line with 70 to 85 mph winds headed this way and should be here 3 am. Better get some slwwp before the weather radio wakes me up

Reactions: 100Acre and Caper
K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
My boss got water in his house. He wasnt in the flood plain so no insurance. Ironically they were working on revising the map this year and the new rev wanted to put that subdivision in the flood plain.

Some of those houses had water up to the ceilings in the basement. His basement windows held.

Folks flooded along the river will have water in their houses for another week or two. The county really needs to buy them out and get rid of those houses.

Reactions: Mudwing and Caper
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My boss got water in his house. He wasnt in the flood plain so no insurance. Ironically they were working on revising the map this year and the new rev wanted to put that subdivision in the flood plain.

Some of those houses had water up to the ceilings in the basement. His basement windows held.

Folks flooded along the river will have water in their houses for another week or two. The county really needs to buy them out and get rid of those houses.
Bummer! Is flood plane insurance a Government deal?

Reactions: Mudwing and Caper

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!