Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
YEP! Next weekend I'll drop off at the first main point and start fishing and make my way towards her as I fish. The lake is on the drop, the fish have moved to the main points and deep, 25 - 30 foot. If you know your lakes, sonar is your enemy, the big fish have figured out the ping. I would be surprised if the bass fishing pro's haven't already figured this out, but due to sponsorship they won't let the cat outa the bag! Bass fishing is pretty simple, winter fish deep around underwater springs, or else find the warmest water you can find, if you have a north wind above 15 MPH fish the south banks, and rip stick baits, can be a wild trip. Spring look for shallow stained water, it warms faster and the fish will be more active. I guess to make it easy, just find 60 to 65 degree water or close by! HA!
I love Bass fishing. Me and my buddy in Alberta, when he lived here, we’d fish till after dark along the highway where there are lights. We had a lot of great times bass fishing.
Now we have Chainpickerel around and last year I was fishing with a little SS leader and all I was catching was nice Bass so I took the little leader off and about two fish later, I caught a huge CP and as soon as he took his head out of the water beside the boat, haha, gone with my repella. I have a 2” leader for that lake now. :)
I want to get ToolmanJohn out Bass fishing. He’s never been.
Excellent fun.
My daughters love it. :)
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Remember saying “Can’t wait for summer to get here.”
16ADCE97 F7EC 411E ADD4 ECA6CB0A3207

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We had a good thunderstorm roll through around supper time. It poured rain. It’s now 68 degrees. Hopefully it will break the heat.
:)
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing
K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
We had a good storm. My zucchini needed it. Cooler too. We got salsa and zucchini relish made while it rained.

Reactions: Caper and Mudwing
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Saturday and Sunday we got good rains plus it held the heat below 90. We are supposed to have a cold front come through and keep the temp in the lower to mid 80's. A cold front this time of year in Mississippi is virtually unheard of. The garden loved the rains and the Ole pea sheller shelled us a couple of bushels of purple hulls.

Reactions: Mudwing and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Saturday and Sunday we got good rains plus it held the heat below 90. We are supposed to have a cold front come through and keep the temp in the lower to mid 80's. A cold front this time of year in Mississippi is virtually unheard of. The garden loved the rains and the Ole pea sheller shelled us a couple of bushels of purple hulls.
Haha, we’ll probably get snow.
:) Hope not.
Caper

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!