Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We need cold here because it's hot! Stay safe @Caper.
Thanks Mo.
Should be good. Haha
Wind is just starting. The worst will be around 2:00 am.
The worst part is if the power goes out, which it will, I’m gonna miss a bunch of good college games tonight.
Just thought, I’m going to record them , just incase. :)
Caper

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
IMG 1389

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Our power has been out for ab5 hours. Wind has dropped to nothing. I guess the eye is going over for the past hour or so. Wind just starting to pick back up. Coming on the back side, so shouldn’t be as bad.
It’s been downgraded to post tropical. I guess Dorian didn’t like our cold water. :)
It’s good for something. Haha
Caper

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
[HASHTAG]#HAILSTATE[/HASHTAG] 38-15 with a freshman quarterback in the second half. Glad you are safe @Caper.

Reactions: Caper and Mudwing
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Well , that was not as bad as they predicted. I think it went more over NB than NS. Still a little wind. But nothing really. Rain stopped around 10:00. Still no power. Hooked the generator up to the gen panel. Works good. Just plug in the house then the generator then switch two switches inside. I’ll have to figure out something so I can run the generator in the rain. Some kind of little box that I can run the exhaust out.
Turned it off to go to bed. Hopefully power will be on in the morning.
:)
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Well , that was not as bad as they predicted. I think it went more over NB than NS. Still a little wind. But nothing really. Rain stopped around 10:00. Still no power. Hooked the generator up to the gen panel. Works good. Just plug in the house then the generator then switch two switches inside. I’ll have to figure out something so I can run the generator in the rain. Some kind of little box that I can run the exhaust out.
Turned it off to go to bed. Hopefully power will be on in the morning.
Caper
It’s 5:45, power just came back on.
Outside looks like fall with all the leaves.
Can’t see any damage yet. But it’s still dark. :)
Everything is calm right now.
Caper

advertisement
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
It definitely wasn’t as bad as Juan. The weather was saying it was a cat 2 at landfall, and the eye went right over us. But it was definitely not a 2. Wasn’t even a good N’OR Easter.
Lots of leaves, but no trees.
All good.
Thanks Mudwing.
Caper
Sometimes they hype it up and then nothing. But I guess it’s better than not knowing and then getting blind sided by the weather. ;)

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Sometimes they hype it up and then nothing. But I guess it’s better than not knowing and then getting blind sided by the weather. ;)
We had 3” of rain by my rain gauge .
Everything is cleaned up. Everything is put back. No more hurricanes this year please. :)
If they were all like that one. We’d all be good.
Bahamas got hammered. Lucky it wasn’t Florida and Georgia too.
They said 76,000 people homeless. Lost everything they had. And it probably took them forever to get what they had.
Very sad.
We were lucky.
:(
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
E5159CFC D466 43FC 9310 D8602890D67D
I can’t believe it.
My neighbor went by the camp to check for damage. I asked him to see if my little garage survived or where it went. Haha.
They had over 100 mph winds. With no trees out to the water. Probably over 10 miles as a crow flies.
It took a piece of siding off the camp. And the little garage is still there. The door zipper opened. But that’s it. Haha. He said he just zipped it back up.
That’s crazy. It was secured as well as I could get it. But I never thought it would survive a hurricane. Nuts. This is what it looked like on Friday. I guess it still looks the same.
:D
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 153995 I can’t believe it.
My neighbor went by the camp to check for damage. I asked him to see if my little garage survived or where it went. Haha.
They had over 100 mph winds. With no trees out to the water. Probably over 10 miles as a crow flies.
It took a piece of siding off the camp. And the little garage is still there. The door zipper opened. But that’s it. Haha. He said he just zipped it back up.
That’s crazy. It was secured as well as I could get it. But I never thought it would survive a hurricane. Nuts. This is what it looked like on Friday. I guess it still looks the same.
:D
Caper
Oh. That wall beside it is for lattice to slow down some wind. Haha
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I guess we were lucky with power. There are still 200,000 people without power. Lots of big trees down. Nobody killed, so that’s good.
Lots of boats in a pile.
People never learn. :)
Caper

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!