Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
we've got a HUGE weather front heading onto the coast today.they're calling for well over 100mm of rain in a few short hours.that means snow for us in the interior and i won't be surprised if there's mudslides blocking some of the highways.it's going to get interesting very soon.we're heading into town this morning to stock up,just in case.all the neighbors are out plowing yesterdays snow dump to try and get in front of this one.
Good luck
:)
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing
R

rickoshea

we've got a HUGE weather front heading onto the coast today.they're calling for well over 100mm of rain in a few short hours.that means snow for us in the interior and i won't be surprised if there's mudslides blocking some of the highways.it's going to get interesting very soon.we're heading into town this morning to stock up,just in case.all the neighbors are out plowing yesterdays snow dump to try and get in front of this one.
nailed it.highway 3 closed due to a mudslide.guess we're staying up at the cottage another day.

Reactions: Caper and Mudwing
K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Our overnight lows are matching what is normally our daytime highs this time of year. Its 50, sunny, with light winds.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Our overnight lows are matching what is normally our daytime highs this time of year. Its 50, sunny, with light winds.
KS
You would have loved it today.
There must have been over 50 ducks in the driveway, I fed them and came back inside. All there heads turned towards one spot in the sky, and off they went. I looked up, and there was a pair of Bald Eagles circling above the house.
They should have been a little quicker. :)
I like the ducks, but that would have been cool to see.
:)
Caper

advertisement
R

rickoshea

massive cold front moving into the cariboo in the next few days.calling for lows of -30.that should freeze the lake enough to drive our trucks on it.i start physio today,should be driving by the time we head back up to the cottage in early feb.my p1k misses me.

Reactions: Mudwing and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
massive cold front moving into the cariboo in the next few days.calling for lows of -30.that should freeze the lake enough to drive our trucks on it.i start physio today,should be driving by the time we head back up to the cottage in early feb.my p1k misses me.
Probably about 8” down.
My daughter is going back to Cold Lake Sunday. Flying into Edmonton. So she’ll be in the cold too.
Brrrrrr.
She wants to stay here. Haha
Caper

SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Image6

P

PNWGuy

Still no snow here. In North Idaho. But it's coming.

Figures, I've been waiting for a good snow all winter and nothing. Then today I look at the forecast and the day after I leave to go to Arizona for a week, we're supposed to get a foot. And it's unseasonably cooler in Arizona with highs in the low 60's. I can't win.

K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Still no snow here. In North Idaho. But it's coming.

Figures, I've been waiting for a good snow all winter and nothing. Then today I look at the forecast and the day after I leave to go to Arizona for a week, we're supposed to get a foot. And it's unseasonably cooler in Arizona with highs in the low 60's. I can't win.
Just watched the weather. 2 models shot us getting 8" to a massive number (he said he didnt want to put it up and make a run on bread and milk). Another shows zero. Guess we will see.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!