Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
When I first bought my place in Oklahoma (1996) which is in the same latitude as Little Rock, we got 6-8 snow falls a winter, usually in the 2-6” range, occasionally more. My ponds always froze over and I would have to bust ice on the edges so my cattle could drink....

This year there were flurries once thus far, and before its over we may have a couple snow falls of 2”......and ponds never freeze anymore.

When I talk to old timers, who remember the 30’s and 40’s, they tell me ponds use to freeze over all winter and they’d ice skate. Snow falls were routinely 1-2 feet throughout winter.
Things are definitely warmer. When I was younger, 40 whatever years ago, down hunting at my camp, we could walk right up the river on the ice, which was solid almost. Doesn’t freeze anymore. Good for the salmon trying to come back.
😊
Caper

Reactions: SWB and Montecresto
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We're having March weather in mid January...scary!! Not that I enjoy pushing snow everyday, but we need the snow pack and that contributes to seasonal fire danger mitigation as well...we'll see how this shakes out.

Cape Breton usually gets a lot of snow still. Last year 12 feet in the Highlands and around 4 feet at the camp. But we used to get over 8 feet. Remember shoveling down to the top of the door.
Haha
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
i saw an atv driving down the lake a little while ago.i'm going out to the middle and drilling a hole and checking the thickness in a little bit. 3 days ago it was about 14 cm (5 inches) about 1/3 of the way out.the wind has blown all the snow off and it's just ice.

Geee, around here the old fellas would have their 1/2 tons on the ice for smelting.
😊
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
The fire damage, and here, the economy. Santa Fe’s ski mountain has a dusting in mid January.....😳
No skiing.

That sucks. Do they usually have enough for skiing ?
I see our bigger slop opened today. Haha Don’t laugh Rick. 815 feet vertical. 20 trails. 1/2 pipe for the young people. Haha
😊
Caper

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That sucks. Do they usually have enough for skiing ?
I see our bigger slop opened today. Haha Don’t laugh Rick. 815 feet vertical. 20 trails. 1/2 pipe for the young people. Haha
😊
Caper
Hey Cap, having a hot buttered rum!!!

5B79CD7A B607 4A79 AE0E C419C2B87CAC
F6BBA325 7C47 4CC5 BE9E D01677D6D115

Reactions: Caper
advertisement
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
WOW!!
Looks like great drinks on a cold day...just can't afford them...ten bucks will buy a pint of scotch 'round here. Not good scotch but it matters less when you're cold.

Last edited:
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
bout an hour,give or take.
I had a trip to Fraser Valley down to VC planned last summer but the China bug got in the way. When Summer comes and the bug goes and they open the border I may do it this Summer. If I remember it starts in Kamloops and goes South West to the coast...beautiful trip on a bike.

R

rickoshea

I had a trip to Fraser Valley down to VC planned last summer but the China bug got in the way. When Summer comes and the bug goes and they open the border I may do it this Summer. If I remember it starts in Kamloops and goes South West to the coast...beautiful trip on a bike.
i spent the better part of 2 decades wandering B.C. on my bikes.great memories.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Cold north winds blowing this morning. It’s around 25 degrees. But a lot colder with the wind. The dog didn’t seem to mind it though. 😊
Hope everyone is nice and warm, probably not Rick. 😊 this morning. Send up some heat. The weather channel says we could get a polar vortex in a couple weeks. Frostbite cold. You boys on the east coast might get some too, @Mudder, 😊
Have a great day everyone, I’ll be watching football most of the day.
If my wife lets me, haha.
I always have my garage.
Caper

Reactions: Mudder
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Cold north winds blowing this morning. It’s around 25 degrees. But a lot colder with the wind. The dog didn’t seem to mind it though. 😊
Hope everyone is nice and warm, probably not Rick. 😊 this morning. Send up some heat. The weather channel says we could get a polar vortex in a couple weeks. Frostbite cold. You boys on the east coast might get some too, @Mudder, 😊
I always have my garage.
Caper
21* when we crawled out of bed, 25* now, 39* for the high today. Happy snuggling! No Homo!

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
i spent the better part of 2 decades wandering B.C. on my bikes.great memories.
I did my last Canadian Province (Sask) 2 years ago on the Harley so now I need to get into seeing the details and BC is close and big so I want to concentrate there first. Part of the reason is the great seafood you folks have not to mention the sights and I'm out of maple syrup. My two sons and I tried to cross the border in a boat a few years ago and was turned around by warning signs...need to cross with boat on a trailer as road traffic then drop into the water...bummer. The PM can't keep the border closed forever...I hope!

Reactions: Caper and Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I always have my garage.
Caper
Finally have some sunshine and 40 degrees. Its been cold dark days, snow on the higher elevations. I’ll enjoy this sunny day sandwiched in between these cold rainy days.

Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!