Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Now the weather is saying we’re going to get maybe 6” of snow followed by 4” of rain. 15cm along with 100 mil of rain. Hope the power doesn’t go out. Hopefully can get out and do the snow before it starts raining. Haha.
Nor’Easter’s are never fun this time of year.
I guess lucky it’s not all snow. That would be around 4’ of snow. That’s 4 feet. Haha We has White Juan , we call it that because it had hurricane force winds and over 3 Feet of snow. Even Hummer H1’s were getting stuck. It took days to open the streets again. Don’t want that.
😊
Have a great day.
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Now the weather is saying we’re going to get maybe 6” of snow followed by 4” of rain. 15cm along with 100 mil of rain. Hope the power doesn’t go out. Hopefully can get out and do the snow before it starts raining. Haha.
Nor’Easter’s are never fun this time of year.
I guess lucky it’s not all snow. That would be around 4’ of snow. That’s 4 feet. Haha We has White Juan , we call it that because it had hurricane force winds and over 3 Feet of snow. Even Hummer H1’s were getting stuck. It took days to open the streets again. Don’t want that.
😊
Have a great day.
Caper
Just go into your shop Cap, start a fire in that nice stove and finish that project you’ve been procrastinating, or clean up the shop.......

In no time the storm will be passed....🤞

Reactions: Mudwing and Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
31 headed for 46 light showers
7 lb briscut on the smoker...great day for smoking!!
Hope you folks in the Eastern snow area hunker down and be safe!!
Happy February!!

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Started at 20* but suppose to be 55* for the high with clear skies and sunshine ☀

Happy February!!!

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks Monte!!

Maybe you can find room in your trailer for the September trip...Can't buy good peppers in the North country. Been using the dried stuff in chili and the like and it's OK but not the same. Wife can't tell the difference but then she doean't have good taste anyway or she wouldn't be hangin with me.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Just go into your shop Cap, start a fire in that nice stove and finish that project you’ve been procrastinating, or clean up the shop.......

In no time the storm will be passed....🤞
It’s just another storm up here. I’ll be out and about.
But your right, there will be a fire going in the stove. 😊
Caper

Reactions: Montecresto
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks Monte!!

Maybe you can find room in your trailer for the September trip...Can't buy good peppers in the North country. Been using the dried stuff in chili and the like and it's OK but not the same. Wife can't tell the difference but then she doean't have good taste anyway or she wouldn't be hangin with me.

Haha
Happy February !!
🥶
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thanks Monte!!

You’re funny.....
Yes sir, I’ll hook you up. Hatch? Hot/medium?

Last edited:
Reactions: Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
You pick...not too hot...you can always add heat but hard to take away.
Brisket turned out pretty good. Half oak and half hickory smoke with salt, black pepper and garlic powder and some red onion slices on top. 4 hours with fat on top then wrap in brown butcher paper for 3 more hours at 225F till around 200 internal temp. juicy and not much bark but you don't need to sharpen your teeth either.

Hope you Eastern folks are OK in the snow.

advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Brisket turned out pretty good. Half oak and half hickory smoke with salt, black pepper and garlic powder and some red onion slices on top. 4 hours with fat on top then wrap in brown butcher paper for 3 more hours at 225F till around 200 internal temp. juicy and not much bark but you don't need to sharpen your teeth either.

Sounds yummy.
And we’ll be ok.
Not our first snowstorm. Haha
It’s snowing pretty good right now. Going to change to rain around lunch time.
Yeah.
This is out the window right now.
Caper
B3BD022F 110D 4214 A331 283E1663E3DA

• Love
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Where do you get hickory from???

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
This is being done on a pellet grill so just drop by anyone that sell cooking pellets and take your pick. Got a bag of cherry yesterday...because I could...going to try some Spanish sausage (not mexican chirizo) as in made from a recipe from Spain that has some mint in it. I think cherry might add some sweetness to the smoke...but then I could be wrong...we'll see.

Stay strong Caper!!

We have a son working in DE (no...he didn't vote for the current crew) and they got 4"...since melted. Friends in North Central MD and Southern PA got 9-12".

We're at 38F and light rain...just what we need is more mud in the house from 3 dogs.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Oh pellets...😊
I use an Oklahoma Joe’s smoker with ample supply of hickory, wild cherry, wild plum and of course oak, all of which grows on my eastern properties...

AAC728D5 83DD 41BC 8855 07DE09238F7C

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Got her on the property Cap....

Going to be 63* today....👏

DF454AFE 1E4D 452A A7F4 46DD15E0F96D
367D9368 CAE6 4665 8267 47B229B09FEB

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Alder is about all I have on property. Pine trees are pretty nice to have but not to smoke with. You must have mesqueet too. I built a nice cedar smoke house at the last house but found with just me and what's her name we don't need lots of smoked stuff so went with the pellets...hard to hang salmon though.
How can you keep your pan SOOOO clean?? I try to wash mine but no joy.

Falcon looks right at home!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Alder is about all I have on property. Pine trees are pretty nice to have but not to smoke with. You must have mesqueet too. I built a nice cedar smoke house at the last house but found with just me and what's her name we don't need lots of smoked stuff so went with the pellets...hard to hang salmon though.
How can you keep your pan SOOOO clean?? I try to wash mine but no joy.

Falcon looks right at home!!
Yep, can’t wait for the snow/mud to dry up so we can take her for a spin...😊
I don’t have mesquite, have to get farther south in Texas New Mexico. And no, one should never smoke meat with pine or cedar or really any evergreen...

Btw, I just made my kitchen cabinets out of knotty alder, seems like a semi hardwood.......🤔
Does it do well smoking meat???

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!