Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
North West of Sandpoint and into BC and across into MT mountains there are some...bigger problem are the wolves. I haven't 'seen a griz in 3 or 4 years...last one was a young sow with no cubs while deer hunting in the Selkirk's. Mostly black bears and cats down here.

I’ve seen the wolves. A guy shot one in Alberta on that ranch we hunt. He had a Chev half ton and had it pushed into the back, feet out. Head bent on one side, ass bent on the other side, and close to two feet thick.
Saw a live one on my buddies farm on the boarder. Black. My buddy has a Browning 270 Auto. And that wolf knew what was coming. He zig zag Ed with bullets kissing his back feet. Lucky bastard.
I have a picture of guys hunting wolves in Idaho. It’s paws are up over the guys shoulders and the other ones on the ground.
I’ll look for it.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Right? No cats around here either?

If we have them, and nobody sees them, but a select few, me and my wife and daughter, included, you guys probably do too. 😊
A cougar ran across the Trans Canada in front of me, and I had to slam on the brakes to not hit it. Maybe I should have because nobody believed me. Wife and daughter saw it too.
And seen Lynx around the camp a few times.
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If we have them, and nobody sees them, but a select few, me and my wife and daughter, included, you guys probably do too. 😊
A cougar ran across the Trans Canada in front of me, and I had to slam on the brakes to not hit it. Maybe I should have because nobody believed me. Wife and daughter saw it too.
And seen Lynx around the camp a few times.
Caper
I just keep my mouth shut around the towns people, talk a little with the mountain folk about it, we all like the wild and don't talk about it much. Let be and let live!

Reactions: Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2

26,000 people applied to move to Arkansas and get $10G.​

What's up with this??

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I just keep my mouth shut around the towns people, talk a little with the mountain folk about it, we all like the wild and don't talk about it much. Let be and let live!
It’s just nice knowing they are around. Believe it or not, more sightings have been reported around the city.
Nobody has a picture of one yet. They had a 10k picture bounty on one when he ran in front of me. My Big Golden was in back, he wasn’t scared of anything, and could track. Didn’t know then.
Caper

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

26,000 people applied to move to Arkansas and get $10G.​

What's up with this??
Where did you get that information? We have on average + 30 people moving in a day to NW Arkansas these days? Home sales are crazy right now?

Reactions: Pilgrim and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Where did you get that information? We have on average + 30 people moving in a day to NW Arkansas these days? Home sales are crazy right now?
They are crazy everywhere. Prices have gone crazy even up here in little Nova Scotia. People moving from TO because we have no cases and they have thousands.
F...um. 😊
Caper

• Wow
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
There was a news blurb on the home page of my internet provider.

I've always liked that area and I was surprised to see folks paying to get new residents....be careful who you get...that issue gave rise to the bumper stickers and signs reading..."welcome to Idaho, now go home".

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
There was a news blurb on the home page of my internet provider.

I've always liked that area and I was surprised to see folks paying to get new residents....be careful who you get...that issue gave rise to the bumper stickers and signs reading..."welcome to Idaho, now go home".
That’s funny.
I’m thinking with the dollar the way it is, once the boarder opens back up, we’ll have a few more of you guys buying up property again. Especially in Cape Breton. There are a lot of Americans that own property, with big housing them around Cape Breton. Ethan Hawk has a property around the camp. Been there for 30 years. My sister-in-law met him on the beach. I probably wouldn’t know him if I fell over him.
😊
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Rain this morning early. Not breaks of sunshine. The sun feels nice. It would be a muddy day on the bike up here with the frost coming up and all the rain. A lot of the snow went overnight, but definitely not all. Need warm days and rain.
Have a great day everyone.
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
be careful who you get.
But how can Smitty do that. In America you move where you wish. I don’t even understand “applying” for residency????

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
we’ll have a few more of you guys buying up property again
I’m going to buy the house next door to you and you can do snow removal for me when you do your driveway....😊

• Haha
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Beginning next Tuesday the lows here will be 30* and above so I can have water in the camper again....🙏🏻

Reactions: Caper and Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!