Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Been known to do just that in garlic butter. I've done bay scallops (the little ones) fried in garlic butter and the chilled for salad toppings...like a lot of folks do with shrimp or crab meat....just don't drown it in dressing.
Only thing I put on them if we make it is Lobster butter sauce. These must have been Diver Scallops, no grit.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Camp was a one room schoolhouse built in the late 1800’s. We’ve had it since 1964 when the towns built a new school in Judique. My dad actually went to school there in the depression. His parents farmed him and his brother out to their uncles to be a slave on their farms for food. We renovated it in 1989. Now has power and water. Quite comfortable. Nearest neighbor is over a mile away. Just drive out the driveway with the bike.
The other picture is the view to the water.View attachment 257666View attachment 257667
Caper
That's a great story and place! Front door face the North?

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We go down in the middle every year. Long weekend. Most years there is still snow. Last year there was lots. Makes it fun. And definitely no bugs.

Caper View attachment 257674View attachment 257675

Y’all get the black flies? It seems like every trip I have been on to Ontario (except ice fishing) the black flies have been a real pain in the....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Y’all get the black flies? It seems like every trip I have been on to Ontario (except ice fishing) the black flies have been a real pain in the....

Black flies in June. We cut back the trees around the camp to get a nice breeze. It’s made a big difference. When the heat comes at the end of July, into August, they are gone. Skeeters come out at night after that.
I don’t get bothered by either unless they go up the nose or in the ears. I don’t get bit. My wife definitely does.
😊
Caper

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

The No See Um's are the insects I hate up there. If you are fishing out of a boat cover the boat with a cover and spray under the cover with a Yard and Garden spray and let it sit for 1/2 hour and pull the cover off, you now have a mini island insect free, Father in Law taught me that trick years ago.

Reactions: Pilgrim and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
The No See Um's are the insects I hate up there. If you are fishing out of a boat cover the boat with a cover and spray under the cover with a Yard and Garden spray and let it sit for 1/2 hour and pull the cover off, you now have a mini island insect free, Father in Law taught me that trick years ago.
You are right. No see ems are the only thing that bothers me. Coming near dark and overnight. If you have the windows open you need a fan going out. They are usually gone by August.
But they suck.
Haha
Caper

• Love
Reactions: Smitty335
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You are right. No see ems are the only thing that bothers me. Coming near dark and overnight. If you have the windows open you need a fan going out. They are usually gone by August.
But they suck.
Haha
Caper
Chiggers too......🤔

Reactions: Caper
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Starting out at 18* this morning, headed for 46* with plenty of sunshine ☀️

Reactions: Mudwing and Caper
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!