Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Nope! I just said I’ve little interest in such things. I’m sweating my ass in Arkansas working on my deck…
Haha, it’s nice up here today. Around 65. Clouds. Might get a little more rain.
How big is your deck.
Did you have to sell your cattle to afford to buy the wood. Haha
I see up here prices are coming down a little bit.
All the people that put additions on will probably never get their money back.
I’ve talked to some people that bought houses here lately, coming from Ontario, and paid over $50k extra than asking price. That’s a first for here. Some paid $100 k over.
I hope they loose their shirts.
Haha
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Haha, it’s nice up here today. Around 65. Clouds. Might get a little more rain.
How big is your deck.
Did you have to sell your cattle to afford to buy the wood. Haha
I see up here prices are coming down a little bit.
All the people that put additions on will probably never get their money back.
I’ve talked to some people that bought houses here lately, coming from Ontario, and paid over $50k extra than asking price. That’s a first for here. Some paid $100 k over.
I hope they loose their shirts.
Haha
Caper
Not sure why you’d be hoping for people to loose their shirts…..🤔

The lumber I’m building with has been under tarp for many months, late last year I think, bought well before the peak, but next time I’m back I’ll have to buy more. Hope the prices are down by then.

The thing is, I’m going to use Trex* for the top deck boards which is typically cost prohibitive, but now is the same price as wood….👍

Reactions: SWB and Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah, I’m not jumping out of a perfectly fine airplane either….👀
Roger that...I have fast roped from UH-1 a few times. It was on a bet the first time but was fun except for the last time just after my 50th birthday...I learned I was too old to have fun that way...hit the ground, sat down and thought about it for a few seconds and said "F___K this...that hurt.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Roger that...I have fast roped from UH-1 a few times. It was on a bet the first time but was fun except for the last time just after my 50th birthday...I learned I was too old to have fun that way...hit the ground, sat down and thought about it for a few seconds and said "F___K this...that hurt.
I definitely wasn’t 50. Hahaha.
Your bones don’t bounce at 50.
I hit the water on my ass one time waterskiing at over 55 mph. Instant enema . Haha. Trying to screw around at that speed seemed like a good idea at the time.
Haha
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I grew up water skiing and had many spills that hurt. The one I remember the most was coming into the beach way too fast...hit the sand and became an low flying dart and hit a metal picnic table filled with people...never did that again. I also hit an ally gator once...he wasn't happy. The kids I grew up with all had jon boats and we thought having battles was really cool so we built canons from old grease gun barrels and shot green oranges with cherry bomb....hurt like hell. There was a furniture factory in town and they threw out their scrap furniture legs...you know the tapered one with the metal thing on the bottom. Well...they fit in our canons and cherry bombs would shoot them a couple hundred yards and left large dents in the boats when the hit. Now THAT was fun!!

Reactions: Rayger143 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I grew up water skiing and had many spills that hurt. The one I remember the most was coming into the beach way too fast...hit the sand and became an low flying dart and hit a metal picnic table filled with people...never did that again. I also hit an ally gator once...he wasn't happy. The kids I grew up with all had jon boats and we thought having battles was really cool so we built canons from old grease gun barrels and shot green oranges with cherry bomb....hurt like hell. There was a furniture factory in town and they threw out their scrap furniture legs...you know the tapered one with the metal thing on the bottom. Well...they fit in our canons and cherry bombs would shoot them a couple hundred yards and left large dents in the boats when the hit. Now THAT was fun!!
Lol. You sound like me when I was a kid. 7 boys, one girl in my family. I was second oldest. My friend had a Checkmate with a 115 Merc on it. Good times.
We did some crazy s... when I was growing up. My wife wonders how I’m still here.
When the bridge was being built in the late 60’s, we would take our bikes and drive a couple blocks and onto the bridge. While they were putting the plates on the girders. The plates only halfway across. We would try and see who could skid their bike closest to the edge. I can remember skidding and looking over the edge of the plate. Straight down to the harbour. I might have hit a frame if I misjudged it.
We couldn’t understand why the commissionaires would be so mad. But one guy trying to catch four kids on bikes, good luck. Haha
And growing up in the Northend, you had to fight or get the crap beat out of you everyday. We were only kids but everyone knew us. Haha Including the popo.
Now I’m old. 😊

It’s hot here today. Muggy after the storm. Had a little wind and rain, not much. The news wants everyone panicking.
A few leaves around but that’s about it.
Have a great day
Caper

Reactions: Rayger143
advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
You really don't know it till you hit water. But, that water can hit you like a ton of bricks.
Yup, and you know next time it’s going to hurt at that speed.
My buddy would gut up to 45 or 50 mph and I would whip to the side and go straight out from the boat and the bastard would slow down so I’d start sinking and then he’d hit it again. Once and awhile two would get skiing at the same time and try and knock each other off. Haha. Good memories.
Haha
Caper

Reactions: Rayger143 and SWB
SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
This evening and tonight's weather. Going be another warm one today. Weak cold front tries to push through state. Triggering thunderstorms some could be severe in NW part of state. But, cool front looses its push as it work its way toward middle of state where storms could be less severe deeper into southern part of state,

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
This evening and tonight's weather. Going be another warm one today. Weak cold front tries to push through state. Triggering thunderstorms some could be severe in NW part of state. But, cool front looses its push as it work its way toward middle of state where storms could be less severe deeper into southern part of state,

View attachment 282880

View attachment 282881

View attachment 282882
View attachment 282883
Looks warm.
Good skiing day except for the lightning. 😂
Caper

SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yup, and you know next time it’s going to hurt at that speed.
My buddy would gut up to 45 or 50 mph and I would whip to the side and go straight out from the boat and the bastard would slow down so I’d start sinking and then he’d hit it again. Once and awhile two would get skiing at the same time and try and knock each other off. Haha. Good memories.
Haha
Caper

Good memories for sure. I still could do it now. But, it would take a week to recover instead of a couple days.

But, I know better than to try.

• Haha
Reactions: Caper
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Alligators, sandy beaches and green oranges……

Did you grow up in FLA….

• Haha
Reactions: Caper
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Looks warm.
Good skiing day except for the lightning. 😂
Caper
I’m going to cover the boat and lift it and get the hell out. I need good weather!!!!

Exhausted my pile of wood and got this much completed on the deck….

BF1DBE96 8120 43F5 8B09 B6E9B32C8E23
970745F4 863E 4951 BCD3 4E2080A4DB13

Last edited:
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I’m going to cover the boat and lift it and get the hell out. I need good weather!!!!

Exhausted my pile of wood and got this much completed on the deck….

View attachment 282896View attachment 282895
Looks good. Are you going to screw a 2x4 or something to the top part of the 4x4’s so they don’ twist into a corkscrew. While you’re away.
Drive safe.
Caper

Reactions: Montecresto
advertisement