Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Well, this was a most unusual winter for Ok compared with the last 60 years trend. It was such a bad week (early February) that I stayed at the ranch you may remember, feeding the cattle three times a day besides keeping them hay out, breaking ice on the ponds twice a day so they could drink, cutting firewood daily, and with no running water in the house…..😉
Yup, now I remember.
Ed has to go and break the ice in the cow ponds too. I think that year he drove his SXS from one side to the other and didn’t break any ice. 😊 Too thick.
He uses an axe after that. More work though. Haha
He puts Bluebird nesting boxes along the fence. He hates when the cattle use them for scratching posts. 😊
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yup, now I remember.
Ed has to go and break the ice in the cow ponds too. I think that year he drove his SXS from one side to the other and didn’t break any ice. 😊 Too thick.
He uses an axe after that. More work though. Haha
He puts Bluebird nesting boxes along the fence. He hates when the cattle use them for scratching posts. 😊
Caper
Our ice was too thick for axe….😂
Remember, I used the hay spears on the tractor and bent them….😡

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Our ice was too thick for axe….😂
Remember, I used the hay spears on the tractor and bent them….😡
One winter my Grandpa drove down to the pond to bust ice after a blue Northern blew in with a bunch of ducks were froze on it, Grandpa saw this and started honking his horn, all the ducks started flapping there wings and flew off with the pond water! HA!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
One winter my Grandpa drove down to the pond to bust ice after a blue Northern blew in with a bunch of ducks were froze on it, Grandpa saw this and started honking his horn, all the ducks started flapping there wings and flew off with the pond water! HA!
Yall have any yarns?

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1666939F EB76 4735 9B2C DC10230C6F24
FBF0F13B DAD5 4C97 83C1 42DEA77E8814

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
😂😂😂
Caper

Reactions: Mudder
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
😂😂
Dynamite ?
You guys probably can buy that at the hardware store.
😂😂
Caper
No, farmers and ranchers haven’t been allowed to buy dynamite for decades now….
It’s moot anyway, winter is over and we’re not likely to see anything like that again…

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah, I had a grandpa like that….🙄

advertisement
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Once upon a time I lived in an area of Northern Idaho surrounded by "good ole folks", a mountain in the Selkirk Range on the South side of the hill from Ruby Ridge. Lots of horse people, a few small farms and a fairly high percentage of retired or nearly so folks and one old "biddie" originally from downtown Detroit two properties away which equated to a 1/4 mile of evergreen forest or so. I had a 100 yard rifle range and I burned ammo at a normal rate but not every day. The old biddie complained constantly that my shooting was scaring her 3 lb lap dogs and about the smell for horse crap... not mine and noisy chickens...not mine.

Some of you may have picked up the fact that I'm building a Super Cub clone. My shop was insulated and steel clad. Not sound proof but certainly not an open bay. One day I was pushing snow around the shop and sheriff deputy came down the drive. I shut off the tractor and we exchanged pleasantries and he said they had received several complaints over a few months from the biddie saying I was shooting my machine gun at 0500 in the morning and it was scaring her dogs and the deputy was told to "check it out" which is why he was there. I told the deputy that I didn't have a machine gun but that she had complained to me many times about my shooting bothered her dogs. The deputy was OK with that answer but needed to know what he should tell his sergeant about the machine gun. The deputy made the "burrrrup" sound and said it did sound like a machine gun to him. Still stumped with what to tell him that I didn't have a machine gun...the "light bulb" suddenly came on and I invited the deputy inside my shop and took him over to where I was build a wing spar, picked up my rivet gun and fired it against my work table and sure enough it sounded just like a machine gun to the deputy. We laughed a bit and he left with the answer to the "machine gun" problem.

The old biddie died a few months later of a heart attack probably brought on by machine gun fire...mine.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Started out at 51* this morning. It will reach 76 for the high. We’ll have rain likely again this afternoon. I’ve never seen it so green here…😎

47D81DD6 104B 454A B437 72B44B150FAC

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
😂😂
Dynamite ?
You guys probably can buy that at the hardware store.
😂😂
Caper
My neighbor messaged me that his property came with a 500 gallon elevated fuel tank that he doesn’t need, said he though it was worth $200.00 USD……😂

He just got a Kubota tractor from his dad with no front loader and no implements. He’s interested in trading me the tank for an implement, I have several I no longer use, or he said he’d trade for help getting some scrap metal cleaned out of his place.

I called a local fuel company who said yes they deliver diesel to my neighborhood, a minimum of 100 gallons. I’m going over this morning to see him about it….😎😎😎

B2B3B137 C61B 47AF BDBA A2FE40A28127
A7AB1450 72FF 4F33 A16C 642773C49E03

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
No, farmers and ranchers haven’t been allowed to buy dynamite for decades now….
It’s moot anyway, winter is over and we’re not likely to see anything like that again…
Did you ever shoot Tanaright . Probably not the spelling. You can buy a lb for a few dollars and it just mixes with another powder. You can hit it with a hammer, drive over it, there’s no fire , just a big explosion. You have to hit it with a high power rifle to make it explode. It gives a Big Bang. It would probably break up some ice. Or a tree. 😊 But you have to be able to hit it. Haha
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
My neighbor messaged me that his property came with a 500 gallon elevated fuel tank that he doesn’t need, said he though it was worth $200.00 USD……😂

He just got a Kubota tractor from his dad with no front loader and no implements. He’s interested in trading me the tank for an implement, I have several I no longer use, or he said he’d trade for help getting some scrap metal cleaned out of his place.

I called a local fuel company who said yes they deliver diesel to my neighborhood, a minimum of 100 gallons. I’m going over this morning to see him about it….😎😎😎

View attachment 283193View attachment 283194
Looks good, take a good flashlight to look inside. Might be so rusted you would never be able to use it.
But that would be great . My buddy has on on his farm in Alberta. Discount on fuel too.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Once upon a time I lived in an area of Northern Idaho surrounded by "good ole folks", a mountain in the Selkirk Range on the South side of the hill from Ruby Ridge. Lots of horse people, a few small farms and a fairly high percentage of retired or nearly so folks and one old "biddie" originally from downtown Detroit two properties away which equated to a 1/4 mile of evergreen forest or so. I had a 100 yard rifle range and I burned ammo at a normal rate but not every day. The old biddie complained constantly that my shooting was scaring her 3 lb lap dogs and about the smell for horse crap... not mine and noisy chickens...not mine.

Some of you may have picked up the fact that I'm building a Super Cub clone. My shop was insulated and steel clad. Not sound proof but certainly not an open bay. One day I was pushing snow around the shop and sheriff deputy came down the drive. I shut off the tractor and we exchanged pleasantries and he said they had received several complaints over a few months from the biddie saying I was shooting my machine gun at 0500 in the morning and it was scaring her dogs and the deputy was told to "check it out" which is why he was there. I told the deputy that I didn't have a machine gun but that she had complained to me many times about my shooting bothered her dogs. The deputy was OK with that answer but needed to know what he should tell his sergeant about the machine gun. The deputy made the "burrrrup" sound and said it did sound like a machine gun to him. Still stumped with what to tell him that I didn't have a machine gun...the "light bulb" suddenly came on and I invited the deputy inside my shop and took him over to where I was build a wing spar, picked up my rivet gun and fired it against my work table and sure enough it sounded just like a machine gun to the deputy. We laughed a bit and he left with the answer to the "machine gun" problem.

The old biddie died a few months later of a heart attack probably brought on by machine gun fire...mine.
Shooting rivets at her house.
Haha
Caper

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!