Weather Talk

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Looks good, take a good flashlight to look inside. Might be so rusted you would never be able to use it.
But that would be great . My buddy has on on his farm in Alberta. Discount on fuel too.
Caper
I've been using poly coated 55 gal drums for years and they don't rust and are easy to move around since I welded chains on them and I can pick them up with the tractor, I use a 110 volt wall mounted pump with 20' of hose and a gas station type nozzle with a flow stop. I've used those tanks before that gravity feed and they work fine except when you overfill the tractor tank cause I went to check the oil. There should be a water drain in the bottom to get rid of whatever settles in the bottom. Don't see one on that tank.

What's that vehicle sitting there?

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Did you ever shoot Tanaright . Probably not the spelling. You can buy a lb for a few dollars and it just mixes with another powder. You can hit it with a hammer, drive over it, there’s no fire , just a big explosion. You have to hit it with a high power rifle to make it explode. It gives a Big Bang. It would probably break up some ice. Or a tree. 😊 But you have to be able to hit it. Haha
Caper
Great fun!! You can make it pretty easy...wrong time of the year due to fire danger...best with snow on the ground.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Great fun!! You can make it pretty easy...wrong time of the year due to fire danger...best with snow on the ground.
We shot one , one year with no snow and long dry grass. The guy said it won’t catch fire. I was nervous as hell with all the tall dry grass around. Huge explosion, no fire. But what a bang,
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Forest Service has closed the area of the attack as a precaution
A man was attacked by a grizzly bear early Friday, July 9, in the Kilgore area near Island Park in Eastern Idaho after encountering a female with a cub. The man was injured in the attack, but able to return to the cabin he was staying in and call 911. His injuries were not life threatening, and he was treated at Madison Memorial Hospital in Rexburg.
The man was running on a trail near Stamp Meadows Road on Forest Service land around 6:30 a.m. when he encountered the female grizzly bear with a cub, and the female charged him. He laid down in an effort to protect himself, and the grizzly struck him several times before running off. The area has been closed as a precaution.
Idaho Fish and Game and the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office are continuing to investigate the incident.

His name is Lucky now.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
A man was attacked by a grizzly bear early Friday, July 9, in the Kilgore area near Island Park in Eastern Idaho after encountering a female with a cub. The man was injured in the attack, but able to return to the cabin he was staying in and call 911. His injuries were not life threatening, and he was treated at Madison Memorial Hospital in Rexburg.
The man was running on a trail near Stamp Meadows Road on Forest Service land around 6:30 a.m. when he encountered the female grizzly bear with a cub, and the female charged him. He laid down in an effort to protect himself, and the grizzly struck him several times before running off. The area has been closed as a precaution.
Idaho Fish and Game and the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office are continuing to investigate the incident.

His name is Lucky now.
I thought you were saying, like my friend Ed, there’s no Grizzlies in Idaho. He said Alberta.
That’s why I carry two bullets with me. Not for deer, unless he’s huge, but for Grizz. Ed said, oh you can’t shoot a Grizzly, haha. I said you can watch me shoot it, if it just so much looks at me sideways, Bang.
I never get Buck Fever, but who knows about Grizzlies Fever. Haha
Me or him, sorry him.
We have a 600 lb , in May, black bear around my camp. Haven’t seen him except for camera. He’s a big boy. Same thing with him, he leaves me alone, I’ll leave him alone.
😊
Caper

F692BA15 382A 4835 9328 4F42085CC1DC F946DFD3 CA7B 422E 8A1E CCAFBDFBEE79

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Its been sunny and hot all morning while doing chores, but just when I’m ready for pool time…prompt downpour. Typical in the South.

View attachment 283240.
You have a very nice, neat and tidy home and yard Mudder….😎

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

His name is Lucky now.
Lucky and smart! All Yellowstone rangers are trained to not give chase, but drop and play dead as the best chance to survive an encounter with a grizzly…..

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I've been using poly coated 55 gal drums for years and they don't rust and are easy to move around since I welded chains on them and I can pick them up with the tractor, I use a 110 volt wall mounted pump with 20' of hose and a gas station type nozzle with a flow stop. I've used those tanks before that gravity feed and they work fine except when you overfill the tractor tank cause I went to check the oil. There should be a water drain in the bottom to get rid of whatever settles in the bottom. Don't see one on that tank.

What's that vehicle sitting there?
Yes, the drain is at the front, very bottom and at an angle. I’ll pull the valve. filter and housing, and hose and toss it all. That will drain what remains in the tank, if anything. Then I’ll flush it and install new valve, filter and housing, and hose/dispenser. Then I’ll call the distributor and order 500 gallons of low sulfur diesel….

That’s a 50’s jeep wagon setting adjacent….

FEA51C32 872B 4712 9A4A 2B29100E288D

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Or just shoot them.
Next thing you will be seeing one in NM. Yeah I know
No Grizzlies in NM. Same as Idaho and Cardston. 😊
Caper
NONE in New Mexico. I did tell you that the ranger for the senator Church wilderness in Idaho told us that occasionally a grizzly from Yellowstone (not too distant) gets out of the preserve and they trap it and return it to the park. But it’s unusual….

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Lucky and smart! All Yellowstone rangers are trained to not give chase, but drop and play dead as the best chance to survive an encounter with a grizzly…..
I watched a show years ago, The Nature of Things, I think. They followed an old Inuit guy, and he said he could kill a polar bear with a sharp stick. So they went with him. They came on a giant Bear. The bear came right at them. The little old fellow walked towards the bear, and when it was close, the old guy stood up as tall as he could and lifted his arms over his head and yelled. The giant bear stopped, stood up too and growled loudly. Then the old guy took the sharp stick and stabbed it in the chest. The bear went back on it’s four legs, the old guy lifted his arms again. The bear stood back up on two legs, and the old guy nailed him again. After about the fourth time, the bear was dead on the ice.
I will never forget that.
Crazy.
So if you are ever way up north, bring a sharp stick. Alder preferably.
Who was that crazy American that lived with Kodiak Grizzlies. No weapons, and thought he understood them. Until one came into his campsite and killed and ate him and his girlfriend.
He should have had a stick.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, the drain is at the front, very bottom and at an angle. I’ll pull the valve. filter and housing, and hose and toss it all. That will drain what remains in the tank, if anything. Then I’ll flush it and install new valve, filter and housing, and hose/dispenser. Then I’ll call the distributor and order 500 gallons of low sulfur diesel….

That’s a 50’s jeep wagon setting adjacent….

View attachment 283299
Wow, really good shape for the age. No rust holes. That wouldn’t look like that up here. Too much salt.
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Wow, really good shape for the age. No rust holes. That wouldn’t look like that up here. Too much salt.
Caper
It’s not that old. He inherited the property from his mom 2 years ago, but he said it’s been 7 years since it was filled…..

Last edited:
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
NONE in New Mexico. I did tell you that the ranger for the senator Church wilderness in Idaho told us that occasionally a grizzly from Yellowstone (not too distant) gets out of the preserve and they trap it and return it to the park. But it’s unusual….
I think he was pulling your leg. Lots of griz in MT, ID and BC and AB and Frank Church. One of my former neighbors did 2 week horse pack trips into Frank Church and they frequently had issues with them.

Above my former house was a dozen or more and Fish and Game moved three 2 year old cubs to upper BC a couple years ago. Not sure they old the Canadians. Never heard how they did up there. I used to ride up the mountain up Pack River drainage a lot, saw them and often ran into trails closed due to griz activity. I hunted Fall black bear some in the same area and always saw griz tracks but not the bears. Wolves seem to get along with them pretty well. I'm sure there are others who know the Boundry Co area better than I but I think they have some up that way too. I don't think the bears are required to observe the closed border.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!