Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Nice...looks like a bear stand as long as they can't climb the ladder.
Hard to climb with a bullet in your forehead. 😊
Me and my brother built that almost 30 years ago. You used to be able to see right to PEI and back to the causeway.
Everything is grown up and taken the view. Still a good place to get out of the rain. We have a book for people to sign. It’s been filled twice. And it’s not on a well used trail. It’s a trail we made. It’s a fun trail, but a little ruff.
😊
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
The platform is 12’ to the floor, the platform is 8’x8’
The building is 6’x8’ with a 2’ overhang. It’s survived all kinds of big wind storms.
Caper
Sounds like a place for a cot and a heater. I had a ground stand on a powerline ROW that was heated and had a recliner with a vibrator and a little table with a little propane stove to make coffee or whatever. I ran a 110 volts from the barn. Made a lot of deer jerky from that place. It was about 200 yds from a goose blind with little heat and no roof. I had a deal with the guy who guided out of that blind that he could use it in bad weather to "thaw out fingers" but it cost him a breast and some liver once in awhile. His dad owned several angus bulls that he rented out and we found beef on the porch too...great neighbors.

Spokane weather last night says 5 or 6 days into the 60's...I'll take it.

Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Sounds like a place for a cot and a heater. I had a ground stand on a powerline ROW that was heated and had a recliner with a vibrator and a little table with a little propane stove to make coffee or whatever. I ran a 110 volts from the barn. Made a lot of deer jerky from that place. It was about 200 yds from a goose blind with little heat and no roof. I had a deal with the guy who guided out of that blind that he could use it in bad weather to "thaw out fingers" but it cost him a breast and some liver once in awhile. His dad owned several angus bulls that he rented out and we found beef on the porch too...great neighbors.

Spokane weather last night says 5 or 6 days into the 60's...I'll take it.
We’ve taken the Buddy heater up there in the evening in February and March. Had to open the door a bit. Too hot. There is a little table and a 4’x 2’ bench and 4 chairs. I think s few people go up there drinking. I put a sign on it , advice from my lawyer sister-in-law, Use At Your Own Risk. Covers my ass if someone drunk falls out. Haha
It’s not the fall, it’s the sudden stop st the bottom that gets you,
😂😂
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
We’ve taken the Buddy heater up there in the evening in February and March. Had to open the door a bit. Too hot. There is a little table and a 4’x 2’ bench and 4 chairs. I think s few people go up there drinking. I put a sign on it , advice from my lawyer sister-in-law, Use At Your Own Risk. Covers my ass if someone drunk falls out. Haha
It’s not the fall, it’s the sudden stop st the bottom that gets you,
😂😂
Caper
I confess...I have experienced a few of those mornings where you wake up and wonder why you have sore spots where they didn't exist the night before. I used to be a devotee to the Scottish/Irish tradition of frequenting public houses to late in the night...NO more but some memories are still vivid...nuff said

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I confess...I have experienced a few of those mornings where you wake up and wonder why you have sore spots where they didn't exist the night before. I used to be a devotee to the Scottish/Irish tradition of frequenting public houses to late in the night...NO more but some memories are still vivid...nuff said
You could be a Cape Bretoner.
😂😂
My dad and Uncle Pat, when they got the camp for hunting, would usually have a couple buddies down with them, they would stay up all night playing cards, and usually go hunting in the morning and curl up somewhere and sleep till lunch.
I’ve fallen asleep a few times, years ago, at my blind down by the old Apple tree. Wake up, pitch black, and only hear the trickling of the stream behind me. Then it would kick in where I was. I’ve had a few bucks blow at me in the dark walking back to the camp. I since got a night scope for total darkness. Probably not as good as the one you borrowed from your employer. 😊
Caper

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
70 degrees and 40 trillion mosquitoes here in the bottoms.

20211016 172615 20211016 172556

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
70 degrees and 40 trillion mosquitoes here in the bottoms.

View attachment 300123 View attachment 300124
Skeeters are definitely done up here till about June. It was nice for 6 days at the camp. Not one even at night. Now house flies are another story. Don’t know where they all come from. The camp is pretty tight. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Caper

Reactions: Wallace
Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Skeeters are definitely done up here till about June. It was nice for 6 days at the camp. Not one even at night. Now house flies are another story. Don’t know where they all come from. The camp is pretty tight. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Caper
We got them almost year round December to March not so many. Sun setting on another day.

20211016 183319

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We got them almost year round December to March not so many. Sun setting on another day.
We have a lot when we do have them, especially at the camp. But funny thing, they don’t bother me. Or black flies. I might get bit but I don’t itch or get red. When my dad was a kid in Cape Breton, not far from my camp, him and his brother slept outside in hammocks underneath the trees. I think he got so many bites that it made him and me immune. Haha. The one thing that does get me is no- see-ems. Little buggers give me a welt. But gone fast.
If our weather would just stay like this. 30’s at night and 60’s in the day. That would be great.
Caper

advertisement
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
You could be a Cape Bretoner.
😂😂
My dad and Uncle Pat, when they got the camp for hunting, would usually have a couple buddies down with them, they would stay up all night playing cards, and usually go hunting in the morning and curl up somewhere and sleep till lunch.
I’ve fallen asleep a few times, years ago, at my blind down by the old Apple tree. Wake up, pitch black, and only hear the trickling of the stream behind me. Then it would kick in where I was. I’ve had a few bucks blow at me in the dark walking back to the camp. I since got a night scope for total darkness. Probably not as good as the one you borrowed from your employer. 😊
Caper
That one was designed by the US Army Night Vision Lab at Ft Belvoir, VA as a prototype not cheap and not available to the public...except maybe now in Afghanistan provided with the compliments of State.

Couldn't keep up anymore but that would be an honor to be called a Bretoner.

Try this: Adventure Fly Fishing in Revelstoke - Top Fishing Destinations, Fishing Trip Ideas, Fishing Stories and General Information on Fishing in BC

Last edited:
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
That one was designed by the US Army Night Vision Lab at Ft Belvoir, VA as a prototype not cheap and not available to the public...except maybe now in Afghanistan provided with the compliments of State.

Couldn't keep up anymore but that would be an honor to be called a Bretoner.

Try this: Adventure Fly Fishing in Revelstoke - Top Fishing Destinations, Fishing Trip Ideas, Fishing Stories and General Information on Fishing in BC
I’m sure every Talaban has a nice new rifle and night vision. 😊 Thanks Joe.
My buddy in Alberta goes to BC every year a few times. He only fishes with fly.
They go up to Labrador every year salmon fishing. Low water this year. But this was Two years ago. Over 20 lb Atlantic salmon.
Nothing more fun than fly fishing. If you have a couple rises, you had a great day.
Caper
73C3EFB3 795F 40E0 9533 CCF40CF47156

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’m sure every Talaban has a nice new rifle and night vision. 😊 Thanks Joe.
My buddy in Alberta goes to BC every year a few times. He only fishes with fly.
They go up to Labrador every year salmon fishing. Low water this year. But this was Two years ago. Over 20 lb Atlantic salmon.
Nothing more fun than fly fishing. If you have a couple rises, you had a great day.
Caper View attachment 300244
What a great experience!! I miss Alaska fly work but I still have my 9 and 10 weight outfits so going back is still in the cards.

• Love
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Had some rain yesterday. Clearing up today. Around 50 this morning, going up to 60’s. Leaves are definitely falling.
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Had some rain yesterday. Clearing up today. Around 50 this morning, going up to 60’s. Leaves are definitely falling.
Caper
39 fer mid 60's. Ferns went from green to gold to brown and spruce and fir are still green...Copilot brought home a crab apple tree yesterday...I'd rather just have crabs and mussels and clams and oysters and other bottom feeders.

• Haha
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Right at freezing this morning when I got up. Going up to close to 60 today. Sunshine.
Caper
39 to 60's then the bottom falls out with rain and snow in the mountains...guess it had to happen.

By the way, Cosco price for a pound of canned crab is $32.99 up from $16 or so with prime cow over $25 yesterday with regular corn infused gasoline at $3.31/ gal. up from $2.05...nothing is more available or cheaper than Jan 20th...except lies and BS.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
39 to 60's then the bottom falls out with rain and snow in the mountains...guess it had to happen.

By the way, Cosco price for a pound of canned crab is $32.99 up from $16 or so with prime cow over $25 yesterday with regular corn infused gasoline at $3.31/ gal. up from $2.05...nothing is more available or cheaper than Jan 20th...except lies and BS.
We’re paying $1.41 a litre. So $5.64 a gallon. Trade you. 😊
Won’t be long here before the boys go snow crab fishing around here.
You guys do get good beef out there. Like Alberta.
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Right at freezing this morning when I got up. Going up to close to 60 today. Sunshine.
Caper
Down here on I-10 near Baton Rouge running the AC in the A-class at an RV resort….🤔

• Love
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We’re paying $1.41 a litre. So $5.64 a gallon. Trade you. 😊
Won’t be long here before the boys go snow crab fishing around here.
You guys do get good beef out there. Like Alberta.
Caper
Global inflation, the world is suffering it right now…
Gas prices fell due to lack of demand during the height of Covid last year. Now demand is at an all time high and prices are reflective……

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!