Weather Talk

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
It’s about 20 here this morning. Been below zero for a few days. Driving by a few lakes yesterday, they are all like glass. They froze calm. Just needs a little thicker. Get out with a pair of skates and a stick and a puck. And a friend or two. Haha
Caper
Is that the zero that starts at 32F? We have the ice rescue team out now so don't take chances!!

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Is that the zero that starts at 32F? We have the ice rescue team out now so don't take chances!!
It 20 F and yes below 32.
I have gear that’s for really cold weather
I have a jacket that I can’t wear unless it’s 0 F and boots good for -70 C, good snow pants, and mitts.
You gotta have the gear if your gonna be in the cold. The jacket unzips so you can get at your sidearm. Plus it has a flap you can unzip and let hang down if you are sitting or lying in the snow. Plus I have a nice long down jacket for not as cold. But it still has to be cold to wear it.
-25, wind howling, and I’m comfortable snow blowing.
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
It 20 F and yes below 32.
I have gear that’s for really cold weather
I have a jacket that I can’t wear unless it’s 0 F and boots good for -70 C, good snow pants, and mitts.
You gotta have the gear if your gonna be in the cold. The jacket unzips so you can get at your sidearm. Plus it has a flap you can unzip and let hang down if you are sitting or lying in the snow. Plus I have a nice long down jacket for not as cold. But it still has to be cold to wear it.
-25, wind howling, and I’m comfortable snow blowing.
Caper
I have the same and when we moved to this house I told copilot let's not take the "40 below" gear but we did anyway. I carried a duffle bag in the plane full of all this stuff even in the Summer in AK. You can die real quick in cold weather. AK requires a survival kit in the plane but this duffle was in addition to that gear. If you don't have this stuff in your car or truck you can get into serious trouble quickly in this weather. Thanks for reminding me...I think I'll dig out the old white Air Force "bunny boots" when I head outside to clean off vehicles. I did use them a few years back while bear bow hunting. They are overkill but your feet stay warm.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It’s about 20 here this morning. Been below zero for a few days. Driving by a few lakes yesterday, they are all like glass. They froze calm. Just needs a little thicker. Get out with a pair of skates and a stick and a puck. And a friend or two. Haha
Caper
And a thermal wet suit….😉

• Love
Reactions: Caper
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Complete T-shirt and shorts weather here…..🤔

It will be upper 60’s to low 70’s until late Saturday here. But I’ll depart Thursday for the 40’s high and low 20’s lows in NM.

• Love
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have the same and when we moved to this house I told copilot let's not take the "40 below" gear but we did anyway. I carried a duffle bag in the plane full of all this stuff even in the Summer in AK. You can die real quick in cold weather. AK requires a survival kit in the plane but this duffle was in addition to that gear. If you don't have this stuff in your car or truck you can get into serious trouble quickly in this weather. Thanks for reminding me...I think I'll dig out the old white Air Force "bunny boots" when I head outside to clean off vehicles. I did use them a few years back while bear bow hunting. They are overkill but your feet stay warm.
Up to 14 and climbing.

Had some Costco frozen meatballs with sauce on hot dog roll (bun) and they were wonderful. Bread made for hot dogs doesn't stand up to meat balls and tomato sauce so I had to resort to a fork and a bowl. Still...they were still pretty good.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Nothing worse than cold feet , except cold hands. But if your core is warm, your hands and feet are usually warm too. Unless you have sneakers on in -25 and a foot of snow. Like the high school kids waiting for the bus. Haha. I haven’t needed anything warm yet, but by the time your cold gets here, I might. 😂😂
I would use mine at the camp when we’d go for a walk in -25 and snowing. Your beer freezes as soon as you crack the top in that temperature. It’s better to drink rum out of a cup. Haha
Caper

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Up to 14 and climbing.

Had some Costco frozen meatballs with sauce on hot dog roll (bun) and they were wonderful. Bread made for hot dogs doesn't stand up to meat balls and tomato sauce so I had to resort to a fork and a bowl. Still...they were still pretty good.
When is your copilot coming home
Caper

advertisement
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Nothing worse than cold feet , except cold hands. But if your core is warm, your hands and feet are usually warm too. Unless you have sneakers on in -25 and a foot of snow. Like the high school kids waiting for the bus. Haha. I haven’t needed anything warm yet, but by the time your cold gets here, I might. 😂😂
I would use mine at the camp when we’d go for a walk in -25 and snowing. Your beer freezes as soon as you crack the top in that temperature. It’s better to drink rum out of a cup. Haha
Caper
Solo cup or copper? I think the old pirates drank from the bottle.

• Haha
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
60's and 70's rest of week with rain ending early Sunday morning with chances of light snow. Lows for Monday morning possible will be in teens.
We're getting the cold Friday about noon and possible snow Saturday depending who you listen to.

• Love
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Who knows....she is waiting for #2's wife to deliver another grand daughter. Don't have a name yet but I bought her pink Carhart bibs with a trap door for diapers.
Haha, that’s funny. My two girls lived in bib coveralls as long as I could find them for them. I think they had one pair of pink. Definitely the easiest thing to get them in and out, haha.
Congratulations on the new granddaughter. Hope all goes great.
You’ll have to teach her how to shoot. My two daughters could shoot a .22 at about 6 or 7. Haha.
I had two guys up from Mississippi I worked on the rig with. One went home for his son’s 10th birthday to Alabama, and said he bought him a 9mm. Everyone was on his case except for me. Haha
Caper

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Weather Underground has been more accurate than local news...at least around here but I use it on my phone and on the road too.
Just put in Weather Underground in the browser?

• Love
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Solo cup or copper? I think the old pirates drank from the bottle.
I have one of those insulated cups I used for that. I remember when you walked on the snow on the road, it squeaked it was so cold. I bet your snow is squeeking outside if you walk.
Haha
Caper

Reactions: Buggyman
advertisement