• Haha
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Pretty chilly there too. Are you folks like some in AK and wear shorts until Thanksgiving? I'm usually good in shorts until Halloween...but only if I can run from a warm truck to a warm store and back. Mike Huckaby used to say you folks were the toughest around...is that true?
I wore shorts until after our thanksgiving. Haha
I kept getting asked why.
Haha
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
While high gas prices have pushed President Biden to tap into the US's strategic oil reserves, America's neighbor to the north is also dealing with a shortage of another so-called "liquid gold".

The Canadian group Quebec Maple Syrup Producers recently announced it was releasing about 50 million pounds of its strategic maple syrup reserves — about half of the total stockpile.

Quebec produces nearly 70% of the world's maple syrup, with the US being its biggest client for the sweet stuff. However, this year producers weren't able to keep up with worldwide demand, which jumped 21%, according to Bloomberg.

No wonder I can't find any!!! Apparently, I don't know the right Canadians.

Still 14F here so maybe things will warm up a bit.

Happy New Year to ya'll!!

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
While high gas prices have pushed President Biden to tap into the US's strategic oil reserves, America's neighbor to the north is also dealing with a shortage of another so-called "liquid gold".

The Canadian group Quebec Maple Syrup Producers recently announced it was releasing about 50 million pounds of its strategic maple syrup reserves — about half of the total stockpile.

Quebec produces nearly 70% of the world's maple syrup, with the US being its biggest client for the sweet stuff. However, this year producers weren't able to keep up with worldwide demand, which jumped 21%, according to Bloomberg.

No wonder I can't find any!!! Apparently, I don't know the right Canadians.

Still 14F here so maybe things will warm up a bit.

Happy New Year to ya'll!!
Happy New Year
Right back
And that’s great news for the Nova Scotia Maple producers. We always have lots. Don’t know if I’d be allowed to send you some down.
I love it on sausages or pancakes, all kinds of things.
We had a perfect spring last year for Maple syrup. Cold night, and warm days.
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Happy New Year
Right back
And that’s great news for the Nova Scotia Maple producers. We always have lots. Don’t know if I’d be allowed to send you some down.
Caper
Thanks for the thought Caper...We have a habit of making a pilgrimage into BC and stock up in the Summer. Having the border closed had me really concerned about my supply but I just checked the pantry and I'm still holding 2 bottles plus one open in the fridge. I don't want to hoard but then, one must have it to make a variety of things to include smoking dead pig ribs like I made last night. Maple syrup adds that little extra taste to most pork. I've gotten into a habit of shredding ID tatters adding some bulk mild Italian sausage (drained) and a couple eggs and frying that up to a crispy consistency with a heavy dash of maple syrup on the side of the plate so you can add in appropriate amounts. I just scored 10 lbs of frozen Canadian wild blueberries yesterday that should hold me until the Summer. Just finished the huckleberry supply so it's back to blueberry muffins...we must make adjustments and sacrifices from time to time.

We're at 14F this morning but forecast to hit -1F tonight...we'll see if that comes to pass.

DIL went to hospital at 0600 EST so there may be a new little fishing partner delivered soon.

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Happy New Year
Right back
Caper
Caper, Will this work with Apple
IMG 5762
Cider? For tomorrows game! i've heard your the expert on Rum!
IMG 5762

• Haha
Reactions: Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Caper, Will this work with AppleView attachment 311184 Cider? For tomorrows game! i've heard your the expert on Rum! View attachment 311184
No expert here...once upon a time in a land far away I drank just about the right amount of light rum and we ran out and all we had left was Southern Comfort to finish off the evening. I'm certain someone sneaked into the room where I was sleeping peacefully and beat my head with a long bamboo pole. I had a headache for 3 or 4 days afterwards. When my head finally felt somewhat normal I swore to all the gods above that I would only drink Scotch after that. SO, I can not recommend rum or Southern Comfort for anything other than removing grease from your hands. You're on your own!!!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
No expert here...once upon a time in a land far away I drank just about the right amount of light rum and we ran out and all we had left was Southern Comfort to finish off the evening. I'm certain someone sneaked into the room where I was sleeping peacefully and beat my head with a long bamboo pole. I had a headache for 3 or 4 days afterwards. When my head finally felt somewhat normal I swore to all the gods above that I would only drink Scotch after that. SO, I can not recommend rum or Southern Comfort for anything other than removing grease from your hands. You're on your own!!!
Southern Comfort is defiantly a hang over drink in my opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the thought Caper...We have a habit of making a pilgrimage into BC and stock up in the Summer. Having the border closed had me really concerned about my supply but I just checked the pantry and I'm still holding 2 bottles plus one open in the fridge. I don't want to hoard but then, one must have it to make a variety of things to include smoking dead pig ribs like I made last night. Maple syrup adds that little extra taste to most pork. I've gotten into a habit of shredding ID tatters adding some bulk mild Italian sausage (drained) and a couple eggs and frying that up to a crispy consistency with a heavy dash of maple syrup on the side of the plate so you can add in appropriate amounts. I just scored 10 lbs of frozen Canadian wild blueberries yesterday that should hold me until the Summer. Just finished the huckleberry supply so it's back to blueberry muffins...we must make adjustments and sacrifices from time to time.

We're at 14F this morning but forecast to hit -1F tonight...we'll see if that comes to pass.

DIL went to hospital at 0600 EST so there may be a new little fishing partner delivered soon.
Nova Scotia wild blueberries. Oxford is the blueberry capital of the world. Cape Breton is catching up. Lots around my camp. It’s the acidity in the soil.
And hopefully all goes good with the grandchild. Congratulations. Someone else to spoil rotten. Then send them home.
My daughter was born on December 31st. I was always scared she’d grow up a partier.
Caper, Will this work with AppleView attachment 311184 Cider? For tomorrows game! i've heard your the expert on Rum! View attachment 311184
My neighbor gave me a bottle of that two years ago. I’m not a spiced rum person but it was good.
What rum isn’t. Haha
I had some 12 year old Appleton tonight. Very nice.
Happy New Year
We’re the second place in North America to ring in the new year behind Newfoundland. By half an hour.
Haha
Caper

• Love
Reactions: Montecresto
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Haha, that was the Southern Comfort. 🤮🤮
Haha
You feel good after good rum.
😊
Caper

• Love
Reactions: Montecresto
advertisement