Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We've got a mountain lion about 5 miles from the house, it's been seen several times in the same area.
Yep, they’ve been seen in the area where our ranch is in eastern Oklahoma and near our place in New Mexico. But of course we were talking about Grizzlies, you know, those big bears that Cap thinks are in everybody’s back yard in America…..

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We've got a mountain lion about 5 miles from the house, it's been seen several times in the same area.
I saw one on my camp road in early March a few years ago, tracked him until I realized I didn’t take the gun.
Then I almost ran one over crossing the highway near Antigonish at lunch time when my kids were little. I had to jam on the brakes in my Tacoma. Me my wife and daughter saw him. About 8’ from nose to the black tip on his tail. But DNR says we don’t have any in Nova Scotia. Ha
Caper

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Yep, they’ve been seen in the area where our ranch is in eastern Oklahoma and near our place in New Mexico. But of course we were talking about Grizzlies, you know, those big bears that Cap thinks are in everybody’s back yard in America…..
If you have cougars, and I mean the four legs kind, you probably have Grizzlies. I saw on Nature of Things, they are coming back to the low lands off the Rockies. You will keep saying no until, like my buddy, you see one up close.
And that’s the only reason I take bullets with me out in Alberta, just in case.
Haha

• Haha
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I saw one on my camp road in early March a few years ago, tracked him until I realized I didn’t take the gun.
Then I almost ran one over crossing the highway near Antigonish at lunch time when my kids were little. I had to jam on the brakes in my Tacoma. Me my wife and daughter saw him. About 8’ from nose to the black tip on his tail. But DNR says we don’t have any in Nova Scotia. Ha
Caper
Maybe this is why Cap….😂😂😂

Every year, a couple dozen people call the provincial Department of Natural Resources reporting that they saw a cougar. And every year, the department looks, without success, for physical evidence that one of the big cats was in the area in question.

Many of those who contact the department are convinced they’ve seen one of the big cats, but with sometimes grainy photos, or none at all, staff need something physical to prove what was seen, like scat, hair, good footprints or clear photos with metadata to show where they were taken.

“For years, the department has been recording cougar reports, which goes back decades," said wildlife technician Butch Galvez. "There have been hundreds of reports, and no real hard evidence to go by.

“I’ve done investigations myself where the person was convinced 100 per cent that it was a cougar, and it turned out to be a house cat. I’ve had some that turned out to be raccoons or the neighbour’s dog. But then there are some that are very credible, but there’s no picture, no tracks, no evidence.”

Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If you have cougars, and I mean the four legs kind, you probably have Grizzlies. I saw on Nature of Things, they are coming back to the low lands off the Rockies. You will keep saying no until, like my buddy, you see one up close.
And that’s the only reason I take bullets with me out in Alberta, just in case.
Haha
There’s cougars, ie mountain lions, jaguars, puma’s, panther’s, catamounts, etc., all across the America’s. From the Canadian Yukon to the Straight of Magellan. Whereas grizzly bears have an extremely limited range. About 2 dozen in northeast Washington state, 1000 in northwest Montana, 600 in Wyoming and 100 in the idaho panhandle. None in California, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico or Colorado….😉

Oh, and the vast majority in Alaska and Canada….👍

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Maybe this is why Cap….😂😂😂

Every year, a couple dozen people call the provincial Department of Natural Resources reporting that they saw a cougar. And every year, the department looks, without success, for physical evidence that one of the big cats was in the area in question.

Many of those who contact the department are convinced they’ve seen one of the big cats, but with sometimes grainy photos, or none at all, staff need something physical to prove what was seen, like scat, hair, good footprints or clear photos with metadata to show where they were taken.

“For years, the department has been recording cougar reports, which goes back decades," said wildlife technician Butch Galvez. "There have been hundreds of reports, and no real hard evidence to go by.

“I’ve done investigations myself where the person was convinced 100 per cent that it was a cougar, and it turned out to be a house cat. I’ve had some that turned out to be raccoons or the neighbour’s dog. But then there are some that are very credible, but there’s no picture, no tracks, no evidence.”

Oh I know. I’ve had the spiel from them. He actually said am I sure it wasn’t a coyote. I told him I can send him a picture of a coyote if he wants it. I also said I’ve never seen an 8’ coyote from nose to tip of the tail. He told me there was a reward for a picture of a cougar. $10,000
I told him now you tell me. Because where he went was kinda open with a few tall trees. I had my first Golden who could track anything, and wasn’t scared of anything. 125 lbs is solid mussels. And I had my 35 mm. I definitely would have taken him, on leash, after him. Because when I’d let him track down my brother, I couldn’t keep up to him. He could track in rain, snow, two feet of snow, he was incredible. He found my daughter, that went looking for a deer her cousins said they saw, in -20 . We were making room off the road in the driveway, and she just walked away. And with all the kids tracks in the snow, you couldn’t tell. I was eating when my brother ran up and told me. I told him get Rorke and tell him, find Robyn. That’s how I thought him to track. He ran out on the road with my brother following, and jumped off the road up into deep snow and kept going. When my brother caught up to him, he was sitting with Robyn. She would have been around 2. When I said why didn’t you call out when we were yelling. She said she didn’t want to scare the deer. We still talk about it once and awhile.
Haha
But that dog could track. Would have found that cougar. And treed him.
He was a great dog.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
There’s cougars, ie mountain lions, jaguars, puma’s, panther’s, catamounts, etc., all across the America’s. From the Canadian Yukon to the Straight of Magellan. Whereas grizzly bears have an extremely limited range. About 2 dozen in northeast Washington state, 1000 in northwest Montana, 600 in Wyoming and 100 in the idaho panhandle. None in California, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico or Colorado….😉

Oh, and the vast majority in Alaska and Canada….👍
Why , do they register when they cross the border and say where they are going.
We have Black bears, some big guys not far from the camp.
But we don’t see them except on camera.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Oh I know. I’ve had the spiel from them. He actually said am I sure it wasn’t a coyote. I told him I can send him a picture of a coyote if he wants it. I also said I’ve never seen an 8’ coyote from nose to tip of the tail. He told me there was a reward for a picture of a cougar. $10,000
I told him now you tell me. Because where he went was kinda open with a few tall trees. I had my first Golden who could track anything, and wasn’t scared of anything. 125 lbs is solid mussels. And I had my 35 mm. I definitely would have taken him, on leash, after him. Because when I’d let him track down my brother, I couldn’t keep up to him. He could track in rain, snow, two feet of snow, he was incredible. He found my daughter, that went looking for a deer her cousins said they saw, in -20 . We were making room off the road in the driveway, and she just walked away. And with all the kids tracks in the snow, you couldn’t tell. I was eating when my brother ran up and told me. I told him get Rorke and tell him, find Robyn. That’s how I thought him to track. He ran out on the road with my brother following, and jumped off the road up into deep snow and kept going. When my brother caught up to him, he was sitting with Robyn. She would have been around 2. When I said why didn’t you call out when we were yelling. She said she didn’t want to scare the deer. We still talk about it once and awhile.
Haha
But that dog could track. Would have found that cougar. And treed him.
He was a great dog.
Caper
Caper
But we don’t see them except on camera. For some reason it won’t let me upload a picture. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Caper

advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Caper
Guys figured he was 600lbs , and this was May long weekend. A few years ago. How big is he in November.
Haha
Caper
2D68F589 29D0 48DC 83DC 8B3B9C454319
2D68F589 29D0 48DC 83DC 8B3B9C454319

• Love
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Caper
They’re tagged, most of them have radios too.

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
At least 600 LBS!
That picture is on a survey line, about 300 yards from the camp. On a old logging road at the top of the hill. There was a big female spa two year old cub right after he left. Maybe that’s why he left. Haha
If you look closely, there are lobster shells at the bottom of the tree.
My brother put them down and set the camera, thinking he would get coyotes, and this guy came into pictures, 2 minutes after my brother went up the hill. Haha. He was scared to go back. I went and switched cards so we saw him . He didn’t come back. Only coyotes.
Caper

advertisement