Weather Talk

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Haha, that’s some ingenuity. Or something.
😂😂
Wouldn’t the labour department like to walk up on that. Haha
Caper
I used my forks with 2 pallets and a couple 2x4's to do all my side on the shop and hanger. #1 son on the pallets and me on the tractor. I tried to teach him hand signals since I couldn't hear him over the stereo in the cab. He kept yelling something I thought sounded like....how much does a Timmies cup hold? Turns out he needed the potty.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Must admit I used a pallet as a standing ”scaffold” platform with my front end loder pallet forks. Even considered modifying the metal frame from those 275 gal. water totes (inexpensive used surplus), next time I stain my barn. According to Mr. Google, someone has already done it..
Maybe safer than a ladder (if the Mrs. goes easy on the hydralic joystick).

View attachment 317905View attachment 317906
Good idea.
At the shipyards I drove the first man lift to come in the yard. I’ve driven almost every one there is.
I’m going to paint my house this spring, and I’ll be getting a small manlift to do the upper part. Too old to be climbing ladders, again. 😊
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Headed to 40 or more...just a tad warmer than normal this time of year. Golden sun set last night and bright sky this morning...I'll take it...maybe I should get a boat ready...nah!!
Did you see any of the northern lights a couple nights ago. Supposed to have seen them right across Canada and northern states.
Probably past your bedtime.
😊
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Did you see any of the northern lights a couple nights ago. Supposed to have seen them right across Canada and northern states.
Probably past your bedtime.
😊
Caper
No Sir...Yes Sir...saw lots when we lived in AK. There is something "unearthly" flying a little airplane when they are dancing around...thoughts and feelings I'll never forget.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
No Sir...Yes Sir...saw lots when we lived in AK. There is something "unearthly" flying a little airplane when they are dancing around...thoughts and feelings I'll never forget.
That’s one thing my daughter misses from Cold Lake. She could see them almost every night. So much that became normal. Haha
Canada, US woman’s hockey tonight. It doesn’t start until midnight here. Should be a great game. The women always put on a good show in the Olympics.
Go Canada go.
😊
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
That’s one thing my daughter misses from Cold Lake. She could see them almost every night. So much that became normal. Haha
Canada, US woman’s hockey tonight. It doesn’t start until midnight here. Should be a great game. The women always put on a good show in the Olympics.
Go Canada go.
😊
Caper
I have no horse in the race but I'm not watching or supporting the Olympics. Should have been moved from China...IMHO.

advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I have no horse in the race but I'm not watching or supporting the Olympics. Should have been moved from China...IMHO.
I totally agree. But nobody else wanted it. China sucks, but the kids don’t deserve the politics of it all. What I love is China having to play the Canadian national anthem. Like, in your face 😊
Saying that,
Go Canada Go
Haha
Caper

• Love
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I totally agree. But nobody else wanted it. China sucks, but the kids don’t deserve the politics of it all. What I love is China having to play the Canadian national anthem. Like, in your face 😊
Saying that,
Go Canada Go
Haha
Caper
Yeah...but...this BS has been going on for years and it's only in China to make sure the sponsors get big bucks. Could have been moved to Japan who wasn't able to have it due to the China bug...explain how that is fair.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah...but...this BS has been going on for years and it's only in China to make sure the sponsors get big bucks. Could have been moved to Japan who wasn't able to have it due to the China bug...explain how that is fair.
Like I said to you
China forgets who tried to set them up for nuclear war with the states.
If it wouldn’t been for the Russian sub commander putting in the wrong codes on purpose, things might be a whole lot different.
Caper

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Don't let @Montecresto hood wink you, he's not smart all the time! Mrs C agreed at dinner later. That wasn't smart of either one of us! HA!
Wow, it's going to get down to freezing a couple hours around sun up, it's been a while.

Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
It’s just below freezing tonight. Going to be 45 and lots of rain tomorrow.
Hopefully gets rid of some snow
Caper
It’s pouring rain here this morning. Getting a couple inches. My driveway is a skating rink. Hopefully nobody comes in the driveway today, because they will be on their ass. It’s 40 degrees. So it should melt some.
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
It’s pouring rain here this morning. Getting a couple inches. My driveway is a skating rink. Hopefully nobody comes in the driveway today, because they will be on their ass. It’s 40 degrees. So it should melt some.
Caper
Ice here too. It hit 41 yesterday and should again today. I broke up some ice with the tractor bucket yesterday and it is over 3" there but we are not supposed to get any precip in the next 7 days. Sooo....maybe some will melt but the water is just sitting there since the ground below is frozen too. Come on MARCH!!!

• Love
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Ice here too. It hit 41 yesterday and should again today. I broke up some ice with the tractor bucket yesterday and it is over 3" there but we are not supposed to get any precip in the next 7 days. Sooo....maybe some will melt but the water is just sitting there since the ground below is frozen too. Come on MARCH!!!
Yup, same here. My lawn is showing some green but it’s looking pretty mucky too. Most of the ice is gone in the driveway. It’s pouring. The wife just put my old Holly Hanson rubber rain coat on to take the dog for his walk. Screw that. He’s not walking today. Haha
I just called my neighbor, their trunk of their car was open. It was probably frozen and she pulled the remote to open it, and it didn’t open until the ice melted. Then it opened in the rain. She just dumped water out of a box they had in the trunk.
That should be fun to dry.
Caper

• Haha
advertisement