Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I guess the hurricane is going to merge with what’s left of the hurricane that hit Alaska. Not looking good right now for Friday night and Saturday
Caper
Batten the hatches!

Reactions: Caper
SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
The models show that tropical wave that is SE of Bahamas is supposed to become a major hurricane and head for GOM. That is still a ways out but we shall see.

Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
The models show that tropical wave that is SE of Bahamas is supposed to become a major hurricane and head for GOM. That is still a ways out but we shall see.
View attachment 354826
All models show it go right over Sable island at a cat 3 and hit Nova Scotia from Halifax to Cape Breton. But the storm will be 800 miles wide. And pulling in the storm from the north.
Sable island is 100 miles off Nova Scotia, only people are researchers and wild horses. Poor things are going to get sand blasted. No trees at all. Just sand and grass. It would be an awesome place to be for the storm. Then walk the beach to see what washes up. Thousands of ships wrecked on Sable island in storms.
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
advertisement
S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Caper I wish you well sir! Being on the Texas Gulf Coast, I know all too well how these storms disrupt and destroy lives! I pray that you and yours are spared injury or loss.
Been a quiet year for us along the Texas coast so far, and we've only had 3 hurricanes hit Texas in October in 100 years! This latest run from NOAA sure makes it seem possible we could get #4 this year the way things are heating up in the tropics.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Caper I wish you well sir! Being on the Texas Gulf Coast, I know all too well how these storms disrupt and destroy lives! I pray that you and yours are spared injury or loss.
Been a quiet year for us along the Texas coast so far, and we've only had 3 hurricanes hit Texas in October in 100 years! This latest run from NOAA sure makes it seem possible we could get #4 this year the way things are heating up in the tropics.
Thanks Slick. We are used to big Nor’easter’s in the winter, but this one is merging with the typhoon that gave Alaska all the damage.
It looks like it’s going to hit Sable Island, about 100 miles off our coast, at a cat 3, Sable island won’t slow it down at all, it’s just sand and horses. And a couple research buildings for scientists. It looks like my camp In Cape Breton is going to take the worst. But it withstood 160 mph winds a couple times last winter. But my trails will take a kicking I would imagine.
I’ll keep you up to date with what’s happening. Nothing till Thursday night into Friday morning then hard till Saturday night.
Caper

advertisement