Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You’ve already burned more wood than me.
Haha
We've had a 30* & 19* night already, the outside temp was 44*, the inside home temp was 68* when I got home. So I built a fire in our small stove, it only hold 16" wood, inside temp is now 72*. Big stove will hold 22" wood easily. Beats burning propane and is better heat.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We've had a 30* & 19* night already, the outside temp was 44*, the inside home temp was 68* when I got home. So I built a fire in our small stove, it only hold 16" wood, inside temp is now 72*. Big stove will hold 22" wood easily. Beats burning propane and is better heat.
Can’t beat wood heat. We bought a new stove for the camp. Very efficient. I put a couple pieces in around 8:00 at night and there were still coals in the morning. Enough to start a fire. It was made in Virginia. Englander, My garage one is made in Quebec.
both efi.
Im sure we’ll have a few fires in Alberta.
Caper
621DF9B7 8A98 423D BD03 DC9CE09D1252

S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can't wait for it to get cold enough for a fire here! We put in a Jotul wood burning stove last year... really enjoyed it. Sucker heats the whole house nicely and will burn all night with enough coals next morning I can just throw the wood on it, open the damper a bit and get it rolling good then shut it down... fire will last a looong time...

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Can't wait for it to get cold enough for a fire here! We put in a Jotul wood burning stove last year... really enjoyed it. Sucker heats the whole house nicely and will burn all night with enough coals next morning I can just throw the wood on it, open the damper a bit and get it rolling good then shut it down... fire will last a looong time...
That’s what I sold last year and bought a new Drulet. I’ll see if I can find a picture of both. It’s in my garage.New to old.
Caper

B3B9EA47 1051 4E34 84F3 4019C29A8D0E 26E67A81 4F84 4037 8B64 341A5444C4B3 7310E7EA 4C5E 4586 BF41 B230E5DE5DCE

advertisement
S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is the new V2 model with the catalytic element in the top of it... According to the thermometer in the element that is read on the right side of the stove, when it's ginnin' up good, that catalytic element is at 1800F!! Glows a pretty whitish pink and zero smoke out the stack/chimney!! I was amazed! With a full load of 20-22" logs, burn time is close to 12 hours...

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Talon R
When I was growing up we had a Buck stove that almost heated the whole house. When mom and dad got older they moved it out and added a propane fireplace insert. For years the Buck was out in the garage covered up. I asked dad a few weeks ago something about it, thinking it was still covered up out there. He said, “mom gave that away years ago”. Needless to say I was very disappointed…when we renovate their house my plan was to put it back in and use it. Guess I’ll have to find a replacement now! Nothing like good old fire heat.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
This is the new V2 model with the catalytic element in the top of it... According to the thermometer in the element that is read on the right side of the stove, when it's ginnin' up good, that catalytic element is at 1800F!! Glows a pretty whitish pink and zero smoke out the stack/chimney!! I was amazed! With a full load of 20-22" logs, burn time is close to 12 hours...
It’s very pretty. 😊 And you can’t beat the effeminacy of a new stove. Aren’t they built in Norway or something. Did you get that after the snow and cold a couple years ago in Texas.
Caper

Reactions: Buggyman
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
When I was growing up we had a Buck stove that almost heated the whole house. When mom and dad got older they moved it out and added a propane fireplace insert. For years the Buck was out in the garage covered up. I asked dad a few weeks ago something about it, thinking it was still covered up out there. He said, “mom gave that away years ago”. Needless to say I was very disappointed…when we renovate their house my plan was to put it back in and use it. Guess I’ll have to find a replacement now! Nothing like good old fire heat.
My stove is the only heat at my camp. Two stories. We go down in February when it’s-25 plus, F, and it will cook you out if your not careful.
Like you said, nothing beats wood heat.
Caper

S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, that is EXACTLY why I got it. My home is all electric... Had we lost power, I'd have had no way to keep warm or cook... We have very dependable power, but I did not want to have to face that problem... In Summer, if we lose power, I have a couple generators to keep my freezers and such going. I can add a couple fans in the bedroom to sleep if need be for that. We bought this farm back in '15 and so far, (Knock on wood), we've not lost power for more than 15-30 minutes over the whole time... I've now got that stove and 2 1/2 cords of cut, split and stacked oak firewood ready to go...

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
MGF's are making stoves that burn very clean without the catalytic inserts and that what I would be looking at. Both my stoves have the catalytic inserts, never again!

Reactions: Buggyman and Caper
GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Talon R
MGF's are making stoves that burn very clean without the catalytic inserts and that what I would be looking at. Both my stoves have the catalytic inserts, never again!
Ours was definitely old school. But so dang warm and cool. Can’t believe Mom just gave it away. Can’t have nothing nice!

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, that is EXACTLY why I got it. My home is all electric... Had we lost power, I'd have had no way to keep warm or cook... We have very dependable power, but I did not want to have to face that problem... In Summer, if we lose power, I have a couple generators to keep my freezers and such going. I can add a couple fans in the bedroom to sleep if need be for that. We bought this farm back in '15 and so far, (Knock on wood), we've not lost power for more than 15-30 minutes over the whole time... I've now got that stove and 2 1/2 cords of cut, split and stacked oak firewood ready to go...
I had a 4,000 watt gen but just bought a 11,500 watt one that will run everything in my house, plus a 92 year old neighbors fridge and freezer. My wood is mostly rock maple. Some oak. Once it gets cold, my stove pretty well stays going until spring. Hopefully this year no snow. Haha. It’s 65 degrees here this morning at 9:15. It could stay like this all winter. 😂
Rain tonight
Caper

Reactions: Buggyman
advertisement