Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry I've been absent. CP had a Heart attack and died so I've been otherwise indisposed. She had surgery the week before and just never recovered. I took her some applesauce at 1700 and she was awake, asked if she wanted anything else and she said no so I went and fixed my dinner and watched the news and went back in at 1900 and she was cold and no pulse. I called 911 and gave her CPR until the parameds arrived and they worked for almost an hour but couldn't bring her back. She went quick and I believe painlessly so what more can one ask for. Partner and friend for 40+ years.
Oh my god Joe. I’m so sorry. That’s hard to believe brother. I’m in it 34 years, so it hits home. How are the rest of your family doing.
Wish I was closer so I could do something for you.
My deepest sympathies brother.
😘😘
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We finished off with 22" or more in some areas. Currently 12F and being invaded by Canadian cold...AGAIN!!!
I was in Alberta for the first two weeks in November. Did you get the -27 C that we had. And snow up to your knee.
Luckly I bought a new jacket
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
4F this morning and 11F now...at least....the snow stopped for now. 6.1 hrs on my tractor in 2 days and I'm not done. I have 2 friends and a neighbor in AZ...it was 80F in Yuma...no one said it was fair. On the other hand they had a dust storm.
When I had the-27, my wife sent me pictures of her raking in shorts and T-shirt. Plus 24 or around 78 Dey F
Your right it’s not fair.
Caper

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
When I had the-27, my wife sent me pictures of her raking in shorts and T-shirt. Plus 24 or around 78 Dey F
Your right it’s not fair.
Caper
Hey disregard my text.

• Haha
Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We need the rain lake and streams are low.
Sorry I missed your call tonight brother. I was coming home from Cape Breton. A down and back trip
No snow today but was some yesterday, enough to leave some ice on center line
Thanks for the call. Some how I got signed out.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Maybe he got a better offer.

I need his (their's) clam chowder formula. I made some yesterday and put scallops in and it was good but maybe too much garlic and not enough bacon. I know canned clams are not the right answer...used to make it with razor clams in AK. Easier to find elk meat here.
I got some nice scallops a few days ago off a truck that came up from Digby. $20 for a lb
But beautiful scallops
Oh got a nice moose in Alberta.
Caper
Caper

E58D0B07 6AE1 4A08 896B 9C5787B254CD

• Love
advertisement
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks Caper!! I'm still walking down the isle shopping for what CP might want for dinner. Thoughts won't go soon. Kids are fine as can be expected. Probably goes without saying but enjoy them while ya got them. Glad she went quick and I believe painlessly...may we all go that way but not anytime soon.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks Caper!! I'm still walking down the isle shopping for what CP might want for dinner. Thoughts won't go soon. Kids are fine as can be expected. Probably goes without saying but enjoy them while ya got them. Glad she went quick and I believe painlessly...may we all go that way but not anytime soon.
Your right brother. But that’s too soon. Glad your family is around for you and you for them.
I was as close to you as I could possibly get without a passport last month. 12 miles from Montana.
Little did I know. Are the family staying around for Christmas.
I’ll be thinking and praying for you brother. I know there’s not much I can do from here, but if there is, just let me know. 😘
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
They keep dropping chances of severe weather. That is a good thing. Wish @Caper could keep those cold 20 degrees temps up that way. :)
View attachment 366189
That’s not cold. Alberta was cold. -27 and knee deep snow. Made for good hunting. Haha. I didn’t want to take my hands out of my gloves most days. But I would have shot a moose if I was close enough. And saw a giant buck that jumped the fence 25 yards from me and in behind a bush then right in line with the trucks. Saw 10 moose in one day. Only got one. My buddy took a shot , about 500 yards at a big cow, and hit her, saw the shockwave, right around her heart. She ran, he went and followed her for about a half mile. No Blood, and didn’t go down. Weird. Followed her across here, and she kept going. Must have went through the ribs and hit nothing vital.
Caper
FCC228F9 1FF2 4CC3 86AB 0788D66969B6

Reactions: SWB and Smitty335
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Your right brother. But that’s too soon. Glad your family is around for you and you for them.
I was as close to you as I could possibly get without a passport last month. 12 miles from Montana.
Little did I know. Are the family staying around for Christmas.
I’ll be thinking and praying for you brother. I know there’s not much I can do from here, but if there is, just let me know. 😘
Caper
Thanks Caper!! I think if you tell the border cops you're from Cuba they will let you in...works on the Southern border. I have a passport but I'm concerned if I go up there someone will try to convince me suicide is the answer.

Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
advertisement