Weather Talk

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Western Nevada, up against the eastern flank of the Sierra. Few years ago I made a little road across the back of my property where there was no vehicle access to get up there before. Mostly cut and fill with the backhoe and remove a some aspen trees. They are thick up there fed by several springs and they like water. We put up a gazebo w/solar panel to power interior and Christmas lights, so my chore was to get the snow off the solar panel so the battery stays charged. Sure is cold and pretty up there:

20221212 112146

20211228 141134

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks Caper!! I think if you tell the border cops you're from Cuba they will let you in...works on the Southern border. I have a passport but I'm concerned if I go up there someone will try to convince me suicide is the answer.
Definitely not me brother. You’re only here once. My dad was 92 and died from Parkinson. My wife’s grandfather was 103. My aunt is still kicking at 104. My wife is also my best friend and don’t know what I’d do without her, but she would be mad as hell if I did something stupid after she passed. But she’ll probably out live me. And I told her if someone picked her up at the funeral, I’d be ok with it. Haha
It will get better brother.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Western Nevada, up against the eastern flank of the Sierra. Few years ago I made a little road across the back of my property where there was no vehicle access to get up there before. Mostly cut and fill with the backhoe and remove a some aspen trees. They are thick up there fed by several springs and they like water. We put up a gazebo w/solar panel to power interior and Christmas lights, so my chore was to get the snow off the solar panel so the battery stays charged. Sure is cold and pretty up there:

View attachment 366229

View attachment 366230
Beautiful. You should hav sides you can take off. Mine at the camp is half way up on the sides, fence boards and screen on top. And we put plywood panels in for the winter. Over the screen. Works good.
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Definitely not me brother. You’re only here once. My dad was 92 and died from Parkinson. My wife’s grandfather was 103. My aunt is still kicking at 104. My wife is also my best friend and don’t know what I’d do without her, but she would be mad as hell if I did something stupid after she passed. But she’ll probably out live me. And I told her if someone picked her up at the funeral, I’d be ok with it. Haha
It will get better brother.
Caper
I thought I'd go first too...didn't happen that way. Funny you would say that about the funeral...last week or so I'm getting dinner invites from old dried up chicks....so far I have lots of food and I do OK fixing it too.

I went for a hearing aid fitting from the VA (not Virginia) today. I have a 65% hearing loss above 2500 cycles and 90- 100% above 4000 none of which can be corrected by hearing assistance. That may account for why I can't hear women. I was told not to wear them while on the tractor, motorcycle, ATV or snowmachine and like machines so I came home and jumped on the tractor. She didn't mention a SxS.

I went to see a movie this afternoon by myself...first time in 40+ years...I think. At least I didn't need to share the popcorn.

Reactions: Buggyman and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I thought I'd go first too...didn't happen that way. Funny you would say that about the funeral...last week or so I'm getting dinner invites from old dried up chicks....so far I have lots of food and I do OK fixing it too.

I went for a hearing aid fitting from the VA (not Virginia) today. I have a 65% hearing loss above 2500 cycles and 90- 100% above 4000 none of which can be corrected by hearing assistance. That may account for why I can't hear women. I was told not to wear them while on the tractor, motorcycle, ATV or snowmachine and like machines so I came home and jumped on the tractor. She didn't mention a SxS.

I went to see a movie this afternoon by myself...first time in 40+ years...I think. At least I didn't need to share the popcorn.
My brother’s wife died of cancer she fought for 14 years, about 10 years ago. He lives in Margaree Cape Breton. I was up helping him put his wood in this fall. We sat and talked a bit afterwards. I said there must be some beautiful women up here that just want to cook for you and take care of you. He said yup, a few. But not interested in getting married again. He got a Chocolate Lab instead. Haha. She’s insane. So much energy. But good for him.

He’s getting 16” of snow tonight and tomorrow. But he’s got a JD with a double stack blower on the front. His neighbors love him. 😊

is your family going to be around for Christmas.
Caper

Reactions: Buggyman
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
My brother’s wife died of cancer she fought for 14 years, about 10 years ago. He lives in Margaree Cape Breton. I was up helping him put his wood in this fall. We sat and talked a bit afterwards. I said there must be some beautiful women up here that just want to cook for you and take care of you. He said yup, a few. But not interested in getting married again. He got a Chocolate Lab instead. Haha. She’s insane. So much energy. But good for him.

He’s getting 16” of snow tonight and tomorrow. But he’s got a JD with a double stack blower on the front. His neighbors love him. 😊

is your family going to be around for Christmas.
Caper
I/we have had 9 Labs and the last one had a stroke and we had to put him down. I deceided I wanted something different so I got a 45 lb girl poodle since they don't shed. She has a hunting dog nose and would hunt given the chance.I thought she would be a sissy dog but she turned out to be tough and persistant and keeps the neighbors dogs in line and chases deer and turkeys. I'm afraid she will tangle with a big cat or cougar or bear and get her ass killed.

• Love
Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I/we have had 9 Labs and the last one had a stroke and we had to put him down. I deceided I wanted something different so I got a 45 lb girl poodle since they don't shed. She has a hunting dog nose and would hunt given the chance.I thought she would be a sissy dog but she turned out to be tough and persistant and keeps the neighbors dogs in line and chases deer and turkeys. I'm afraid she will tangle with a big cat or cougar or bear and get her ass killed.
My first Golden wasn’t scared of anything. He chased a bear off the property at the camp 25 years ago. We were down by ourselves and he was on the deck and I was in the container at 11 pm. Heard him growling and looked out and a big bear was on the lawn about 40’ from me. Rorke took off , right on the bears ass. 125 lbs of muscle.
He was a great dog. Track through any weather. And get you.
Caper

advertisement
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
My first Golden wasn’t scared of anything. He chased a bear off the property at the camp 25 years ago. We were down by ourselves and he was on the deck and I was in the container at 11 pm. Heard him growling and looked out and a big bear was on the lawn about 40’ from me. Rorke took off , right on the bears ass. 125 lbs of muscle.
He was a great dog. Track through any weather. And get you.
Caper
CP's Doodle is half Golden and the other half is her father and also the Poodles so they are half sisters. The doodle wants to be a lap dog since she was spoiled rotten...didn't happen to mine. Sometimes bears run and sometimes they won't if the dog is between the bear and food. I'm actually more concerned aboot the big cats. One of our neighbors found a fresh deer kill with cat tracks all around the area and were 2 different size so he felt it was mom and a yearling cub. That was about 5 miles from the house at the base of the mountain.

The heavy snow fall is PUSHING me to look for another snogo in the Spring...with reverse...I'm getting too old to drag the dadgum things around. Trail reports on the mountains are making me wish I had one NOW. I still have my sled. All this thinking is pushing me toward a nap.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
CP's Doodle is half Golden and the other half is her father and also the Poodles so they are half sisters. The doodle wants to be a lap dog since she was spoiled rotten...didn't happen to mine. Sometimes bears run and sometimes they won't if the dog is between the bear and food. I'm actually more concerned aboot the big cats. One of our neighbors found a fresh deer kill with cat tracks all around the area and were 2 different size so he felt it was mom and a yearling cub. That was about 5 miles from the house at the base of the mountain.

The heavy snow fall is PUSHING me to look for another snogo in the Spring...with reverse...I'm getting too old to drag the dadgum things around. Trail reports on the mountains are making me wish I had one NOW. I still have my sled. All this thinking is pushing me toward a nap.
I’ve actually seen two cougars here. One crossed the highway in front of me, I had to nail the breaks not to hit it, and another was standing on the road just up from my camp. But DNR says there are none in NS and it must have been a coyote. Haha
Around my camp they get a lot of snow. My neighbors all have snowmobiles. My neighbors kid works in BC for the winter doing gas stuff, but he has a mountain sled. The track has paddles on it probably 4 or 5” deep. He showed me a video of him climbing. Crazy. But then again he used to race dirt bikes. They are getting up to 16” of snow today with 60 to 70 mph winds. I’d love to be there, with a snow mobile.
😊
Caper

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We have dogged the severe weather so far we have rain and thunder storms today.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’ve actually seen two cougars here. One crossed the highway in front of me, I had to nail the breaks not to hit it, and another was standing on the road just up from my camp. But DNR says there are none in NS and it must have been a coyote. Haha
Around my camp they get a lot of snow. My neighbors all have snowmobiles. My neighbors kid works in BC for the winter doing gas stuff, but he has a mountain sled. The track has paddles on it probably 4 or 5” deep. He showed me a video of him climbing. Crazy. But then again he used to race dirt bikes. They are getting up to 16” of snow today with 60 to 70 mph winds. I’d love to be there, with a snow mobile.
😊
Caper
I was telling some folks at a meeting about the cougar I saw and a woman asked it I was sure it was a cougar and I told her it was either a cougar or a short deer with a long tail. I have a 22 mag rifle in each vehicle for yotes. I got yelled at for killing them in a field with cows and it's either that or they will kill new born calves...guess I should have pick up the dead one.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I was telling some folks at a meeting about the cougar I saw and a woman asked it I was sure it was a cougar and I told her it was either a cougar or a short deer with a long tail. I have a 22 mag rifle in each vehicle for yotes. I got yelled at for killing them in a field with cows and it's either that or they will kill new born calves...guess I should have pick up the dead one.
I saw a couple coyotes in Alberta. One was chasing a doe and ran right next to my friends blind while he was in it and I was texting him. They were flying down the hill. I went to see if it got her but didn’t see any blood. Followed the tracks to the river. Think she made it and the coyote stopped.
we got a big bobcat on camera 40 ‘ behind the camp, just at the start of a trail. It and a coyote pissing on the same little bush. I was going to take my camera down and leave it all winter taking pictures but forgot it at the last minute.
Caper

90FCC209 25F7 4A6C AA73 957480B1B511 296A9E59 7480 402E A8C6 660180EF6611

advertisement