Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
But look at the money you’ll make. 😊
It’s colder there than here. It’s 35 and pouring rain here.
Might get a little snow for Christmas. Good luck for you getting snow.
Caper
It's a miserable way to make money.

• Love
Reactions: Caper
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I would imagine, crawling around under houses, or busting walls, hoping it’s just frozen and not broken.
Good luck. 😊
Cape
With all this plastic it's kind of nice, because you can't thaw it out with a torch, just put heaters under the house, kinda like a take two aspirins and call me in the morning!

• Haha
Reactions: Buggyman and Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
With all this plastic it's kind of nice, because you can't thaw it out with a torch, just put heaters under the house, kinda like a take two aspirins and call me in the morning!
We had 1F and 13F this morning but...but all my pipe is 4' deep and comes up thru the hydronics in the floor. Plumbing inspector told me I was making extra work for myself. BUT my bet is that it won't get cold enough to freeze those pipes until the next ice age.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We had 1F and 13F this morning but...but all my pipe is 4' deep and comes up thru the hydronics in the floor. Plumbing inspector told me I was making extra work for myself. BUT my bet is that it won't get cold enough to freeze those pipes until the next ice age.
Under your home or service lines?

Reactions: Buggyman and Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Under your home or service lines?
both...the line off the community well and the connection is at 6 feet so I had to dig to 6' anyway. My 9' backhoe is streched at 8' to get the connection made. Even at 4' ya gotta move a lot. I was wishing I had an "extendahoe" on a Case or something you just swing the seat around to move. I sure ya'll have rocks down there too but it seemed most of the big rocks were 18" or bigger. I have a thumb on the hoe but it won't pick or pull rocks that big so I just went around them.

We're on what's know as the Purcell trench and we get water from the Kootnae aquafer that starts a couple hundred miles North in BC so I suppose Caper would say we're stealing Canadian water...well yeah but its good water and they say it takes 50 years for it to get here so It's well filtered on the way South.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We just have basements up here. Water line coming in is over 4’ down. If we loose electricity, then maybe, but my gen hooks to the house and I can run everything.
Caper

advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
both...the line off the community well and the connection is at 6 feet so I had to dig to 6' anyway. My 9' backhoe is streched at 8' to get the connection made. Even at 4' ya gotta move a lot. I was wishing I had an "extendahoe" on a Case or something you just swing the seat around to move. I sure ya'll have rocks down there too but it seemed most of the big rocks were 18" or bigger. I have a thumb on the hoe but it won't pick or pull rocks that big so I just went around them.

We're on what's know as the Purcell trench and we get water from the Kootnae aquafer that starts a couple hundred miles North in BC so I suppose Caper would say we're stealing Canadian water...well yeah but its good water and they say it takes 50 years for it to get here so It's well filtered on the way South.
Gotta love Canadian water. 😊 Probably could bottle it. 😊
Your welcome. 😂
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

And we have a lot of rock up here. A lot of blasting
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
And we have a lot of rock up here. A lot of blasting
Caper
Many moons ago I went to a short EOD school learning how to NOT blow up things. I had a great time in the Middle East during the mid 70's and especially just before the US Bicentennial in Turkey and Iran in particular. I still have all my fingers though some don't work as well as they once did.

They found a bomb with a dozen sticks of dynamite, a 6 volt battery and a clock wired to the battery at a popular US hotel in Izmir and a Turkish police Lt decided to "let's wait and see what happens" after the block was evacuated. We sat around smoking cigarettes for an hour past the time set on the clock and we went over to the bomb that was on top of a window air conditioner. The Lt climbed up the ladder and came down with the bomb saying in very good English "bastards set to 11 PM not AM" and he threw it into Izmir Bay and it exploded with a large show of sea water. I told him he must take credit and NEVER mention my name...and he got promoted to captain and I just got wet.

SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
More hints of cold air coming.

BadMechanic

BadMechanic

Sep 25, 2021
New York
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy

3. 500

4. 520
Im in NY but I remember last time a cold spell hit Texas. Lowes/Home Depot were packed with people getting plumbing supplies.

Been fairly warm here considering the time of year. Coldest its been is around 13 and it was only for a few days.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Im in NY but I remember last time a cold spell hit Texas. Lowes/Home Depot were packed with people getting plumbing supplies.

Been fairly warm here considering the time of year. Coldest its been is around 13 and it was only for a few days.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
I love your Avatar!

• Love
Reactions: Caper
advertisement