Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Dumped a load of wood onto the back porch this afternoon we've got a 100% chance of rain tonight. We'll see?

• Love
Reactions: Caper
SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Enjoy rain we needed two months ago. Ha ha.

S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I got back Tuesday from 5 straight days of high 30's/ low 40's in South Texas with a constant drizzle/ light rain and stiff northeast wind... Absolutely miserable weather for that country!! I did kill a nice management buck with my bow. However, even though we have a nice concrete floor/steel wall construction skinning shed with electric winches and such, it was miserable skinning/cutting up that joker!! I have a friend that killed a very large buck down in Old Mexico and I told him that if I killed a mature buck, I'd cape it out for him. They have a hard time getting hides/capes across the border because of USDA restrictions on tick infestation... Weather forecast was a LOT nicer when I made that commitment to him!! My bad!! Got-er-dun tho and meat is aging in my barn now...

• Love
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
That makes no since! With the hail warning, I don't know whether to use my base ball glove, golf clubs or my piggy bank?
Sorry I've been absent. CP had a Heart attack and died so I've been otherwise indisposed. She had surgery the week before and just never recovered. I took her some applesauce at 1700 and she was awake, asked if she wanted anything else and she said no so I went and fixed my dinner and watched the news and went back in at 1900 and she was cold and no pulse. I called 911 and gave her CPR until the parameds arrived and they worked for almost an hour but couldn't bring her back. She went quick and I believe painlessly so what more can one ask for. Partner and friend for 40+ years.

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Sorry I've been absent. CP had a Heart attack and died so I've been otherwise indisposed. She had surgery the week before and just never recovered. I took her some applesauce at 1700 and she was awake, asked if she wanted anything else and she said no so I went and fixed my dinner and watched the news and went back in at 1900 and she was cold and no pulse. I called 911 and gave her CPR until the parameds arrived and they worked for almost an hour but couldn't bring her back. She went quick and I believe painlessly so what more can one ask for. Partner and friend for 40+ years.
I'm sorry for your loss, there are no words to express my sympathy. Things will be different now. 🙏

• Sad
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Sad
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sorry for your loss @lowrider 🙏 🙏 for you and your family.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey guys, been pretty warm here today 54 , wind built up this afternoon blowing in some rain I hope.

Reactions: Caper and Wallace
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
4F this morning and 11F now...at least....the snow stopped for now. 6.1 hrs on my tractor in 2 days and I'm not done. I have 2 friends and a neighbor in AZ...it was 80F in Yuma...no one said it was fair. On the other hand they had a dust storm.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Today is going cold damp one in Arkansas. Going be rainy for most of week.

View attachment 365157
As long as the rain is not too heavy all at once it's a good thing.

Low 20's and dropping with intermittent snow...and I forgot to spread grass seed so it would be watered in the Spring by the snow...hate when that happens. Speaking of grass seed...it's expensive as hell. I remember when pasture mix was $30 for a 50 pound bag...now it's that much for 10 lbs. Dog food just took a big jump too or it's the same price for 15% less. I shared some venison jerky with the doggies today and I think that was a mistake. One of them keeps licking my hands since it smells like jerky...just so she doesn't bite.

• Haha
advertisement