Weather Talk

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
We’ve had 2 days of 50+ degrees and wind, melting snow quickly. After 4 days and 5 nights of temperatures below -10 degrees i am thankful for the current weather.
Had one zone on my hot water heating freeze, outside wall. I caught it rather quickly and did not have much water leakage before I isolated the zone. Now waiting on insurance to get things repaired.
Good deal...could have been a lot worse!

Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We’ve had 2 days of 50+ degrees and wind, melting snow quickly. After 4 days and 5 nights of temperatures below -10 degrees i am thankful for the current weather.
Had one zone on my hot water heating freeze, outside wall. I caught it rather quickly and did not have much water leakage before I isolated the zone. Now waiting on insurance to get things repaired.
Lucky
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Definitely not. We don’t have any snow. Even in the highlands in Cape Breton. Not good for people with a snowmobile.
Caper
I had an Arctic Cat 600 3cyl and I sold it last year because CP said we never get enough snow to use them now that we don't live in the mountains anymore. I know...it's a cop out blaming it on her but it was her fault...doesn't that count!!! Her Polaris is gone too.

AS things usually go, if I buy one in the Spring it will not snow like this anything soon. SO...I should buy one just to keep it from snowing next year...RIGHT!! I'm getting one with reverse and it doesn't need to 100 mph...80's fine

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I had an Arctic Cat 600 3cyl and I sold it last year because CP said we never get enough snow to use them now that we don't live in the mountains anymore. I know...it's a cop out blaming it on her but it was her fault...doesn't that count!!! Her Polaris is gone too.

AS things usually go, if I buy one in the Spring it will not snow like this anything soon. SO...I should buy one just to keep it from snowing next year...RIGHT!! I'm getting one with reverse and it doesn't need to 100 mph...80's fine
My cousin had one for years when he was RCmP, and offered it to me many times because of deep snow st the camp in Cape Breton. He sold it a couple years ago because he didn’t have time to use it. He retired this year and went out and bought a two year old 600 from a good friend of his. X RCMP. It’s like new. Only a few hundred kiNow this year we have no snow at all. Yet. Haha
So I agree, if you don’t want any snow, buy a snowmobile.
I’d just like no snow at all.
😊
Caper

• Haha
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

A friend around the camp has a turbo something. He’s had it to 140 mph. On a straight stretch on a groomed trail. Too fast for me.
Caper

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
A friend around the camp has a turbo something. He’s had it to 140 mph. On a straight stretch on a groomed trail. Too fast for me.
Caper
Someday, SPLAT!

Reactions: Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Oh I would never get on back with him. My neighbor had a new MXZ , I think, and he said he went on MacIntire Mt, it’s like a 4 lane highway, groomed, at 100 mph with his wife on the back, I don’t think she liked it at all. Haha
Caper
Mine went over 100 but not sure how much. It vibrated so much it was hard to see what the little red pointer was pointing at. I have one bike that is faster than my airplanes...great fun. I can pull the front wheel off the road at 65 or so in third gear. Horsepower is a wonderful thing, treated in a mature manner of course. If you take the HP to weight ratio of my Bandit, my CRV should have 2750 HP. Just think what little old ladies would do with their grocery getters and burn tires up on the way to church...it's better for them to have tamer rides.

• Haha
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Mine went over 100 but not sure how much. It vibrated so much it was hard to see what the little red pointer was pointing at. I have one bike that is faster than my airplanes...great fun. I can pull the front wheel off the road at 65 or so in third gear. Horsepower is a wonderful thing, treated in a mature manner of course. If you take the HP to weight ratio of my Bandit, my CRV should have 2750 HP. Just think what little old ladies would do with their grocery getters and burn tires up on the way to church...it's better for them to have tamer rides.
Before my wife, I had a 64 Chevelle, 327, 300hp, Turbo 400 and a 12 bolt with 4:10’s. . What a fun car. It was crazy fast up to 100 mph. A lot of people knew what the back of it looked like. 😊 And a lot of people knew the car, but didn’t know me.
Haha
Caper

• Haha
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Before my wife, I had a 64 Chevelle, 327, 300hp, Turbo 400 and a 12 bolt with 4:10’s. . What a fun car. It was crazy fast up to 100 mph. A lot of people knew what the back of it looked like. 😊 And a lot of people knew the car, but didn’t know me.
Haha
Caper
Seeeee HP is the answer!!

• Haha
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Now we are back to raining for a week or so. @Smitty335 @Wallace