Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
28 supposda get to 36.

#1 son and I torn the ass end of my tractor apart trying to make it stop jerking when you raise the 3 pt hitch. SO...no snow allowed until it's back together...and it would help if we knew what was causing it. 27 people have offered opinions on Tractor site, all wonderful thoughts but not the correct answer. I did adjust the hydro pressure from 2500 to 2800psi...loader works much faster...3 pt still jerks.
I don’t have a tractor but wish I did. 😊
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don’t have a tractor but wish I did. 😊
Caper
First problem I've had in 700 hours of fairly heavy work. I used it to build my shop, hanger and house to set walls, trusses and roofing, dug foundations with back hoe. I used my old Ford (1986 2120 with 4500 hours when I sold it, It was a manure tractor...didn't smell good but it worked very hard) to clear the property and do lots of earth work, grading and tree removal, etc. and cleared 2.5 miles of gravel road of snow at my last house North of Sandpoint and on an on and on...is there life without tractor? Well there must be if you don't have one. I grew up on an old Ford 8N and I needed to stand up to push the clutch in and I almost wasn't heavy enough to do that.

31,5F and dropping...maybe warmer tomorrow. Both #1 and I have SRV and it sucks. I got the old folks flu shot and it doesn't do squat for SRV. I talked to the smart one at the drug store and he said...can't help ya...it's a virus...it will run it's course but don't whine in the mean time.

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
First problem I've had in 700 hours of fairly heavy work. I used it to build my shop, hanger and house to set walls, trusses and roofing, dug foundations with back hoe. I used my old Ford (1986 2120 with 4500 hours when I sold it, It was a manure tractor...didn't smell good but it worked very hard) to clear the property and do lots of earth work, grading and tree removal, etc. and cleared 2.5 miles of gravel road of snow at my last house North of Sandpoint and on an on and on...is there life without tractor? Well there must be if you don't have one. I grew up on an old Ford 8N and I needed to stand up to push the clutch in and I almost wasn't heavy enough to do that.

31,5F and dropping...maybe warmer tomorrow. Both #1 and I have SRV and it sucks. I got the old folks flu shot and it doesn't do squat for SRV. I talked to the smart one at the drug store and he said...can't help ya...it's a virus...it will run it's course but don't whine in the mean time.
Did you breathe on him. 😊
My cousins in Cape Breton have an old Masy, it’s probably 60’s, but works like new. If we need a plow out of the driveway, he’ll put the blade on the back, and it will go through all the ice on the end of the road like nothing. Good old tractor.
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Did you breathe on him. 😊
My cousins in Cape Breton have an old Masy, it’s probably 60’s, but works like new. If we need a plow out of the driveway, he’ll put the blade on the back, and it will go through all the ice on the end of the road like nothing. Good old tractor.
Caper
He breathed on me!!!!!!!!

My mother had a red MF wide front wheel garden tractor. I'm sure it wasn't but when I was a wee tot it seemed like a long way to walk across from one side to the other and I remember getting my butt smacked for pulling out spring onions (I think) too soon. It had a "tool bar" with adjustable spring teeth just behind the front wheels. My guess is it had to be a 1930's vintage.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Above freezing and raining here today
Right at 32F or for our friends up North...0C. No sign of rain for now and I need to get on the not fixed tractor but back together and move some snow before it freezes in place....hate when that happens!!

Hoping Santa was good to all...I remain..Lowrider

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Right at 32F or for our friends up North...0C. No sign of rain for now and I need to get on the not fixed tractor but back together and move some snow before it freezes in place....hate when that happens!!

Hoping Santa was good to all...I remain..Lowrider
How are you feeling. Good enough to work on the tractor. We get snow then rain here a lot. Then really cold. So what ever isn’t cleaned up, is solid ice. So know what you mean.
Caper

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I think my GS is a Red Neck!
IMG 3346

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think my GS is a Red Neck!View attachment 367670
Wonder how he got that way???

I have a 2 year old GD and she's into trucks too. I used to have a red Ford a little bigger. She's in Biden country in Delaware where guns are forbidden so I got her a Nurf bow so she can shoot her younger sister...in self defense of course.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
How are you feeling. Good enough to work on the tractor. We get snow then rain here a lot. Then really cold. So what ever isn’t cleaned up, is solid ice. So know what you mean.
Caper
Normally I'm a 7.5 or 8 sometimes slipping into an 8.5....3.2 today. If anyone get this crap it's not awful but it ain't fun either. Tractor is waiting.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks Caper!! Maybe it's all in my head and lungs. I will improve in time...better today than yesterday...at least I wasn't bothered with presents.
Alright...I try hard to NOT whine but it's turned to complete snot out there. 36F and scheduled for 0.86" of rain tonight. Cleaned the ice covered snow off my little truck and went down hill to the mail box. Wasn't worth the trip I'm thinking as I tried to turn the truck around in the middle of the road seldom traveled...slipping around in 2 wd so we choose 4 wd in the newly plowed ashphalt which is now slick as s***. Works better and I head up the hill. About half way up the snow disappears and truck decides to turn sideways despite my efforts. I figure...it's not going far so I just sit back and enjoy the ride. I was correct...didn't go far but it chose front end down the hill when it stopped. I let it drift back into the snow, turned around and headed up the hill again. I tried the other side of the road it was much better and I got to the top of the hill turned into my road and the rest of the 500 yds to my house was just fine. Parked the truck, open the door and took one step and fell on my ass in the icy snow with 1/2" of rain top. Yip..everything that is what we call the back was wet, jeans were wet, arms from elbows to my gloves and the gloves were soaked too. Finally got up and made it into the garage...took my clothes off and left them on the floor, opened the door into the house and the dogs barked look like they should attack since this wasn' t the same person they saw leave earlier.

Jumped into a hot shower and now I'm fine. Everyone please be careful out there!!!!!!

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Alright...I try hard to NOT whine but it's turned to complete snot out there. 36F and scheduled for 0.86" of rain tonight. Cleaned the ice covered snow off my little truck and went down hill to the mail box. Wasn't worth the trip I'm thinking as I tried to turn the truck around in the middle of the road seldom traveled...slipping around in 2 wd so we choose 4 wd in the newly plowed ashphalt which is now slick as s***. Works better and I head up the hill. About half way up the snow disappears and truck decides to turn sideways despite my efforts. I figure...it's not going far so I just sit back and enjoy the ride. I was correct...didn't go far but it chose front end down the hill when it stopped. I let it drift back into the snow, turned around and headed up the hill again. I tried the other side of the road it was much better and I got to the top of the hill turned into my road and the rest of the 500 yds to my house was just fine. Parked the truck, open the door and took one step and fell on my ass in the icy snow with 1/2" of rain top. Yip..everything that is what we call the back was wet, jeans were wet, arms from elbows to my gloves and the gloves were soaked too. Finally got up and made it into the garage...took my clothes off and left them on the floor, opened the door into the house and the dogs barked look like they should attack since this wasn' t the same person they saw leave earlier.

Jumped into a hot shower and now I'm fine. Everyone please be careful out there!!!!!!
I hate that. 😂
When they plow in Cape Breton around the camp it’s with a Grader, and leaves a packed snow on the road. Until it rains. Then you could skate on it. Everyone has carbide’s on their snowmobiles down there.
Caper

P

PDogRex

Supporting Member
Apr 19, 2022
Central MT.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We’ve had 2 days of 50+ degrees and wind, melting snow quickly. After 4 days and 5 nights of temperatures below -10 degrees i am thankful for the current weather.
Had one zone on my hot water heating freeze, outside wall. I caught it rather quickly and did not have much water leakage before I isolated the zone. Now waiting on insurance to get things repaired.

advertisement