Weather Talk

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've been out busting ice on cattle water troughs. With the wind chill it's about -30F. Good thing I put a battery warmer on the honda because I don't think it would of started without it. It got cold earlier this winter and I didn't have it installed yet and it cranked harder than it did today and it wasn't close to this cold. And let me say, honda needs to work on their plastic cab. The cab has been pretty good with the heat until today and I sealed may gaps to stop the cold air but with this cold I have new gaps. It's so cold the plastic has shrunk more and made new gaps. Pretty damn good ones too. Will have to remember where there at and do a little more sealing.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
#1572 reason I need a plow. I had to hammer out the snowplow "aisle" at the end of my driveway. Last time it snowed, it was wet heavy crap. My back wasnt going to do the big piles. So ive been driving over it. Finally hit 40F and rainy, so lots melted. Took a hammer to it and broke it up. All good now!

Going to be 10F by midnight. Going to be great!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
Same up here, just rain but lots of it. The plow on my 500 works great with that wet heavy snow. It’s amazing how much it will push
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I've been out busting ice on cattle water troughs. With the wind chill it's about -30F. Good thing I put a battery warmer on the honda because I don't think it would of started without it. It got cold earlier this winter and I didn't have it installed yet and it cranked harder than it did today and it wasn't close to this cold. And let me say, honda needs to work on their plastic cab. The cab has been pretty good with the heat until today and I sealed may gaps to stop the cold air but with this cold I have new gaps. It's so cold the plastic has shrunk more and made new gaps. Pretty damn good ones too. Will have to remember where there at and do a little more sealing.
View attachment 367390
Mine sits in the garage with the wood stove going all winter. It comes out to plow, then back in. It’s got a cushy life. In the winter.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
It’s 50 degrees up here in Nova Scotia. Windy and rainy. We’re used to that. 😊 Going back down to freezing tomorrow morning
Hopefully the roads are good for people travelling.
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It’s 50 degrees up here in Nova Scotia. Windy and rainy. We’re used to that. 😊 Going back down to freezing tomorrow morning
Hopefully the roads are good for people travelling.
Caper
We hit 10F for the high, it's back down to a comfortable 6F, by next Thursday it's supposed to hit an unmerciful 61F.

advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
The crazy bestards are from up North, they have to have lighted flashing signs to tell them not to drive with CC on ice/snow, seen it with my own eyes coming through Montana in a white out. True story!
Montana, we can’t afford some rich thing like that. At most you will have some poor RCMP sitting in the middle of the road with the flashing lights on. If you see him in a white out.
Hahaha
Caper

Reactions: Rayger143
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We're up to +7. Dogs came in with ice in their fur...I taught em better than that.
We had a Beagle rabbit hunting in freezing temperatures, my buddy out in Alberta when he lived here. And Joe, the dog, when got lost wound just sit and howl. We could hear him going. Then just barely hear him howling. My buddies dad said start a fire and I’ll go get him. They got back and Joe had about a half inch of ice all over him. His dad got him, put the leash on him and started walking back. Along the river, Joe walked on the ice, until he fell through, and went right under the ice. His dad pulled him back out of the hole with the leash,😊
They got back and melted the ice off Joe and went back hunting,
😊
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
We had a Beagle rabbit hunting in freezing temperatures, my buddy out in Alberta when he lived here. And Joe, the dog, when got lost wound just sit and howl. We could hear him going. Then just barely hear him howling. My buddies dad said start a fire and I’ll go get him. They got back and Joe had about a half inch of ice all over him. His dad got him, put the leash on him and started walking back. Along the river, Joe walked on the ice, until he fell through, and went right under the ice. His dad pulled him back out of the hole with the leash,😊
They got back and melted the ice off Joe and went back hunting,
😊
Caper
Did you folks "whistle" bunnies? We had an orange grove and the rabbits and armadillo would dig around the trees to get the tender root and eventually kill the tree. So... I got a 22 single shot Remington 514 for my birthday when I turn 8 and would get a quarter for each and an extra dime if it was a head shot. It was tough to walk up on them so I learned to whistle and they would sit up and look around...then...whack...another 35 cents in the pocket and I could sell the bunny for 50 cents and a box of Sears 22 shorts was only 55 cents...good day. We never had a problem with ice.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Did you folks "whistle" bunnies? We had an orange grove and the rabbits and armadillo would dig around the trees to get the tender root and eventually kill the tree. So... I got a 22 single shot Remington 514 for my birthday when I turn 8 and would get a quarter for each and an extra dime if it was a head shot. It was tough to walk up on them so I learned to whistle and they would sit up and look around...then...whack...another 35 cents in the pocket and I could sell the bunny for 50 cents and a box of Sears 22 shorts was only 55 cents...good day. We never had a problem with ice.
I got my first single shot .22 at 8 years old too. Mine is a Coey. Thought my girls how to shoot at about the same age.
There was a giant frog pond up the road from the camp. Go to the co-op and get a box of shorts for.50 cents. Poor frogs. 😊
A friend had an old Beagle and went to the highlands for some rabbits.
First day they got 85, second day they got over 100, third day the poor old dog died chasing rabbits.
Not many rabbits around the camp anymore. We have a big Bob cat on camera walking around the front yard yesterday night. And coyotes, and lots of owls and hawks. They don’t have a chance.
Showing Vancouver and Toronto airports closed. Lots of flights cancelled. Everyone missing their flights south. That would suck
Merry Christmas Eve
Caper

advertisement